Chipped windshield repair

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Tried searching but couldn't come up with any threads. What product do you guys recommend dealing with chipped glass? Got hit by a large rock this morning that finally left a decent sized chip. I've used Rain X's windshield repair in the past and wasn't that happy with it. Thanks bros :cheers:
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Tried searching but couldn't come up with any threads. What product do you guys recommend dealing with chipped glass? Got hit by a large rock this morning that finally left a decent sized chip. I've used Rain X's windshield repair in the past and wasn't that happy with it. Thanks bros :cheers:
Your insurance should cover Safelight to come do it at no cost. I would go that option instead of doing it yourself. I used the Rain X one as well and it didn't come out as good as I expected.

OP
OP
furiousfuria

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Your insurance should cover Safelight to come do it at no cost. I would go that option instead of doing it yourself. I used the Rain X one as well and it didn't come out as good as I expected.
I just found that out today actually, didn't know that was offered! They are coming tomorrow to try and repair it

Last edited:
OP
OP
furiousfuria

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=21584]Zelek[/MENTION] thanks for the heads up, safelight came out and the chip looks waaaaay better. hopefully it stays that way for awhile!

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
[MENTION=21584]Zelek[/MENTION] thanks for the heads up, safelight came out and the chip looks waaaaay better. hopefully it stays that way for awhile!
I'm trying to decide whether to get geico to come fix my chipped windscreen did your insurance rates go up any after the repair?
Sponsored