Sponsored

Looking for suspension package upgrade

Saleen308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I have a non PP GT and would like to better the handling of the car. I'm looking for a package setup that is still nice for a daily driver.
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Look to Steeda and BMR

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
EASY...

Swift Spec R springs (stiffer) or Steeda Progressives (more compliant) - each has more-or-less the same drop
Steeda Fixed Pro-Action Dampers
Steeda Rear Shock Mounts
Performance Package Upper Strut Spring Seat/Bearing

Touch nothing else for now except, after a week of normal driving (not to exceed 100 miles, must exceed 50 miles) get an alignment with 1/16 total toe in front and back and around -.2 less camber in the rear than front. Instruct the alignment tech you want symmetry across left and right sides as best as possible and insist camber can be adjusted in the rear (it can be, just hard to find where to do it for a first timer). You will not be able to adjust front camber. Likely won't be necessary, but if you want to be able to, replace the upper strut spring seat/bearing with Steeda Camber Plates or you can get camber bolts if you want.

The Ford Performance kit is a harsh ride. I just went for a ride on a dealership car equipped with that kit. So glad I didn't end up with it when I first did suspension work.

Folks will insist you need IRS parts. Not on a daily driver. Don't waste your money. If you do get IRS parts, start with the Steeda IRS bushing support rings and IRS alignment pins... you won't need much else.

Enjoy.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd go for what I call the usual for DD cars.

BMR SP763 springs
GT PP shocks and struts
BMR CB005 lockout kit

Countless people on this forum board with this or nearly identical package and excellent results. Great ride, great handling, great looks (but not too low).

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0

BMR SP763 springs
GT PP shocks and struts
BMR CB005 lockout kit

Countless people on this forum board with this or nearly identical package and excellent results. Great ride, great handling, great looks (but not too low).
^this (kiss)

[MENTION=30855]Saleen308[/MENTION] let me know if you have any questions about our components. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
What about adding some rigidity as well? Non PP GTs (like his and mine) can experience that natural tendency for the car to understeer and body flex that could use some attention IMO.

Aside from the core suspension aspects listed here (which are excellent) I'd also add the PP stiffening supports not on the car from the factory + a larger rear sway bar.

I'm following this thread right now to do just that:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100800

Aside from that a better rear sway bar and links - your choice. I like Steeda's setup.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
For my car I've got Steeda's fixed Pro Actions, Sport Linear Springs, camber plates, and adjustable sway bars. I've also got BMR's CB005 (was part of my original setup with Eibach Sportlines - don't get the sportlines imo). I also have the top parts from the PP (see this thread). Love the way my car rides and feels all around!

If you go Steeda, you can also order a custom preassembled kit using this page.

OP
OP
Saleen308

Saleen308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
For my car I've got Steeda's fixed Pro Actions, Sport Linear Springs, camber plates, and adjustable sway bars. I've also got BMR's CB005 (was part of my original setup with Eibach Sportlines - don't get the sportlines imo). I also have the top parts from the PP (see this thread). Love the way my car rides and feels all around!

If you go Steeda, you can also order a custom preassembled kit using this page.

That's pretty cool. I'm surprised it doesn't offer sway bars as part of the package.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
That's pretty cool. I'm surprised it doesn't offer sway bars as part of the package.
Yes, several packages available & we have the ability to speak with you & tailor a package to fit your needs & budget.

We are just about to celebrate 30 years in the industry ... you won't be disappointed in our quality & parts!

Here is a review from a customer yesterday on 6G - he is very happy

Mike - [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] - from Steeda called me yesterday and walked me through everything. Really phenomenal service from Steeda throughout this entire research/order/install process. It's refreshing to work with a group that doesn't give up on the customer once the sale has been made but follows through and seems to really appreciate the relationship.
We look forward to working with you & taking your S550 to the next level!

TJ

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I like my Steeda setup so much that I made a video of it. Perfect balance of daily driver and mountain-road carver. Snag the PP tower brace and you’re good to go. Select Ultralite Sports if you want to dail it down a bit.

Roadway 5.0’s S550 Mustang

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

BMR SP763 springs
GT PP shocks and struts
BMR CB005 lockout kit

The FR3 dampers aren't much more money. Just sayin. :)

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The Steeda fixed dampers aren't much more than those, and they're actually better. :D

Also not a bad idea to check out Bilsteins if you (1) can find them and (2) be a test mule for others.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
By now you've gotten IMs from BMR and Steeda saying their stuff is the best. And then you're reading differing opinions from people who all seem to be an expert on what to do.

I assure you... if you are daily driving your car, you can do IRS upgrades later if you need them. There's an infinite number of things you can do. For the love of the Bebejeezus... don't do it all at once.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It depends on if you can find a good, lightly used set or not. New the PP ones are about $300, not including the bumpstops, boots, etc, vs $520 at cheapest for the FR dampers. Agreed it's not a huge difference in price but for many, that's enough to break the budget. Given the OPs wants and starting point, they would be great, especially if able to score a set for ~$200-250.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
It depends on if you can find a good, lightly used set or not. New the PP ones are about $300, not including the bumpstops, boots, etc, vs $520 at cheapest for the FR dampers. Agreed it's not a huge difference in price but for many, that's enough to break the budget. Given the OPs wants and starting point, they would be great, especially if able to score a set for ~$200-250.

Lol I'll have a less than 1000 miles used set for sale soon. :)
Sponsored