Sponsored

Cruise control not working

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Ok. Cruise used to work before car was tuned. Now, the cruise is not working. I press the button but it doesn’t turn on.

I do have the NGauge pugged into the OBD port and the car is tuned.

Will this affect it?

If not, where do I start to look for the problem? Fuse maybe?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Anyone know what fuse it is? It’s not listed in the owners manual. Nothing on the fuse panel or power distribution block mentions the cruise control. I’m hoping I didn’t screw anything up..

Any help is appreciated!!

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Anyone have a service manual? Can’t find any info about the cruise control.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Bump

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Anyone ave a schematic of the cruise control system or what it’s tied to? No fuse that I can see. I don’t know where to start looking for a fix...

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
As far as I know it's all electronics.
Have you tried return to factory tune?

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
No. Still have the Lund tune loaded. Thought of that, but don’t really want to pull the PMAS as well to load the factory tune. Unless I can start he car with the pmas and factory tune and just see if the cruise will turn on and turn the light on in the dash. I would know for sure if the tune is causing it I guess.

Yea, there’s absolutely nothing online about the cruise control for the car except the demo videos lol.

Waiting to hear back from Lund.

I read online somewhere that the cruise can be turned off via tune, so we’ll see. If that’s it, should be an easy fix. If not, crap!!!

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
No. Still have the Lund tune loaded. Thought of that, but don’t really want to pull the PMAS as well to load the factory tune. Unless I can start he car with the pmas and factory tune and just see if the cruise will turn on and turn the light on in the dash. I would know for sure if the tune is causing it I guess.

Yea, there’s absolutely nothing online about the cruise control for the car except the demo videos lol.

Waiting to hear back from Lund.

I read online somewhere that the cruise can be turned off via tune, so we’ll see. If that’s it, should be an easy fix. If not, crap!!!
I don't think you need to start the engine to test the cruise control.
Just press the start button without touching the pedals. Mine has the cruise icon coming on when I press cruise control.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Ok. Didn’t know that. Can you test for sure? So basically with just key on power and not running, the cruise control dash light will come on when turned on?

I guess I would have to return to stock tune and test the cruise and then reload the Lund tune. This may be the option to test if the cruise is functioning fine itself and not working because of the Lund tune.

Not looking forward to flashing and then reflashing...

Thanks. May be he only way though...

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Just a thought- if the car goes into limp mode it will disable the cruise control.
found this out with my Mitsubishi 4X4 pick up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Car is not in love my mode. No DTCs. Running great! Other than cruise not working lol

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Ok. Didn’t know that. Can you test for sure? So basically with just key on power and not running, the cruise control dash light will come on when turned on?

I guess I would have to return to stock tune and test the cruise and then reload the Lund tune. This may be the option to test if the cruise is functioning fine itself and not working because of the Lund tune.

Not looking forward to flashing and then reflashing...

Thanks. May be he only way though...
Yes I just went to my car and tested it.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Great. Thank you.

Hopefully I’ll hear from Lund tomorrow and they can check if they toggled it off or something. If not, I’ll try the return to stock and see if it makes a difference.

If it doesn’t, I’m not really wanting to take it to a dealer... hopefully someone that has a service manual Can copy the cruise control section for me and see if there even could have been something I touched or bumped when I did the intake and NGauge. Can’t see it, but I don’t have a schematic or parts listing for whats all involved with it.

Any and all help is appreciated!

NFS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT convertable
Had my steering wheel wiring harness replaced because Cruise Control not working.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Ok. Was it that it wouldn’t turn on - no light? It’s just odd the timing with the tune and intake. The dealers around here suck!! If I go in to the dealer with the PMAS and tune and NGauge, they’ll deny anything and blame it completely on those things, no questions asked.

My wife’s Flex moonroof cracked from the seam on the roof (completely at the side behind the factory room rack) as so many have and do. They denied any claim saying it was a stone that caused the damage. I told them someone would have to be standing above at the side and throw it forward to hit the exact spot where it’s cracked at the seam. I showed them hundreds of examples from the flex forums of the EXACT SAME CRACK and they basically said screw you. Flex was 1 year old then. I swore I’d never buy another Ford but I’m stupid and love this Mustang. Tried a different dealer and they said that Ford Canada denied this already and sent me away.

Did yours just happen out of the blue? Did the light come on and not hold a speed or just not turn on? Was it the steering column module that went? I got the schematic for the cruise and there really isn’t anything near where I was that could have caused it. I’m hoping it’s just a toggle in the tune that Lund can switch back on. I know they have the ability to turn it off as I read where they do this with someone using a transbrake.
Sponsored