Sponsored

Sync3 3.0 - Android Auto doesn't work

FilipV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
Just after I updated sync to v3.0 Android Auto fails to connect.
Same cable, same phone (Galaxy S7).
I plug in USB, then phone screen turn white for a sec and goes back to main screen. I tried reinstalling AA, resetting Radio and nothing works.

I tried CarPlay using iPhone7 and it works fine.

Anyone with similar problem?
Sponsored

JinNTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium Fastback
You try clearing the cache from your phone, then restarting the phone? I had an issue with AA with my other vehicle, had to disconnect phone from the car, clear AA cache, restart phone, then reconnect to car once it was booted back up, haven't had an issue since. From what I found on Android phones back then is that it had to do with AA looking for a specific version of the headunit software and the software upgrade caused a hiccup when trying to connect after the update.

Don't know if that's what is occurring for you or not but what I've seen previously with another vehicle. Does it connect to the headunit through bluetooth fine?

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
One other thing... Do you have google maps, or any stock google apps blocked, stopped or disabled? I had google maps disabled and had the same problem.

OP
OP

FilipV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
The other thing that might work for others having this issue is cables! Mine (Pixel 2 XL) didn't work with the cheaper USB-A to USB-C cables until I bought a better one. I'm using a Cable Matters usb-a to usb-c 3.0, 1m long. I think it needs to be usb 3.0 to transfer that much data.
Really only a problem for phones like the Pixel 2 that only come with usb-c to usb-c cables.

Sponsored

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I'm having an issue with Android Auto ever since I installed the 3.0 18025 build. When I use my work phone, which is a Galaxy Note 8, it constantly is saying my Galaxy Note 8 is connected and audio and Waze cut out. I literally get a pop up every minute or so on the screen. It drives me nuts. Any ideas? Should I try clearing the cache as another poster mentioned? I've tried multiple USB cables and even did a master reset but that didn't fix it.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
The other thing that might work for others having this issue is cables! Mine (Pixel 2 XL) didn't work with the cheaper USB-A to USB-C cables until I bought a better one. I'm using a Cable Matters usb-a to usb-c 3.0, 1m long. I think it needs to be usb 3.0 to transfer that much data.
Really only a problem for phones like the Pixel 2 that only come with usb-c to usb-c cables.
This. USB C is very cable dependent, and requires high quality cables. I've had numerous hits and misses. The best cables, I've found, are the short USB A to C cables that came with the Nexus 5X/6P. I have several, and they have the best positive physical connection, and never cut out. The A to C cable that came with my Pixel Xl is pure garbage, and I always have trouble with it. Even the A to C cable that came with my wife's Galaxy S8 is problematic.

JR

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
reset the phone or try new cable

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
My Galaxy S8 factory cable that came with my phone, when I try to use AA just for shits and giggles, also gives me a pop up with something like "your cable is not compatable, please unplug your phone and cable" or something like that. I have tried other cheap cables and adapters, its the USB to type C, I will try the advise of buying a better cable. I would have assumed the Samsung cable was a better quality cable, but maybe not. Sometimes with the type C adapters I bought, you have to plug them in and finagle and work with them to get the phone to charge. Thanks for that info.

Sponsored

MetalCord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
For anyone that is looking for a USB-C to USB-A cable that has a decent chance of working with Android Auto, I bought this one which works for me:

USB Type C Cable,CableCreation Short 0.5ft Braided USB-C to USB A Cable for the New Macbook, Nexus 5X/6P & More,15CM Gray [56K Ohm Resistance]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CZVEUIE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My Google Pixel did come with a C to A cable that works, but it's so long it's getting twisted up in my center console. I wanted something shorter to reduce the clutter. Make sure you read the reviews and search for any results with "Android Auto" (in questions or reviews) to see if anyone reports success or problems. I figured that out the hard way before finding a cable that works properly.

Last edited:

15pgnatsum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Not sure if my issue is related, but on my 2017 GT350, Android Auto from my Galaxy S7 doesn't successfully connect through the USB port under the radio stack, but works fine with the USB port in the center console.

Anyone have this issue before or any ideas on solutions?
Sponsored