Sponsored

Highest mileage R?

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I don't see how that's rubbing it in their face. It's not like you're putting a sign on it to brag, your driving it. I'm going to have a nicer car than my boss. I AM the minion.
I wish all my minions were like you.
Sponsored

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
11,0XX. At 57, I'm not saving her for the next owner. Then again, I have never saved any of my cars for the next owner; I track and hard DD all of them. I've just cared for them night and day, so even at high mileage, they were all still almost pristine.

And, not to go sideways with the OP's thread, but here's a question for fellow R owners.

Most of the time, my R starts up with just a low rumble or slight snort (maybe 8/10 times?). Once in awhile (1/10?), it starts up with a very pronounced "bark," which I really like. BUT ... once every now and then (1/20 - 30?), the car makes a truly vicious-loud-seriously pissed of mini-explosion on startup. It's just another one of this car's fantastic personality traits. And when it happens in the parking garage at work, it's like a Rockstar! It's a little hard to predict, but it seems that the level of "bark" depends on how much the engine has cooled, the ambient temperature when it's restarted (and maybe the orientation of the bottom end when it came to rest at shutdown).

How about you guys? Similar experiences? Thoughts?

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
11,0XX. At 57, I'm not saving her for the next owner. Then again, I have never saved any of my cars for the next owner; I track and hard DD all of them. I've just cared for them night and day, so even at high mileage, they were all still almost pristine.

And, not to go sideways with the OP's thread, but here's a question for fellow R owners.

Most of the time, my R starts up with just a low rumble or slight snort (maybe 8/10 times?). Once in awhile (1/10?), it starts up with a very pronounced "bark," which I really like. BUT ... once every now and then (1/20 - 30?), the car makes a truly vicious-loud-seriously pissed of mini-explosion on startup. It's just another one of this car's fantastic personality traits. And when it happens in the parking garage at work, it's like a Rockstar! It's a little hard to predict, but it seems that the level of "bark" depends on how much the engine has cooled, the ambient temperature when it's restarted (and maybe the orientation of the bottom end when it came to rest at shutdown).

I get the pissed off explosion on cold starts in cooler (sub 45f) temps

Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R

I know that part of it has to do with how long you have the clutch pedal depressed for before starting. Even on cold starts, if you depress the clutch for 4-5 seconds before starting, it will start with the valves closed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I get the pissed off explosion on cold starts in cooler (sub 45f) temps
Maybe it's the ATAK but my R barks all the time at cold start : )

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)

New leader with 11k miles on an R!:cheers::ford::headbang::thumbsup:

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I bought my R used in Nov '17. It's a 2016 and it only had 20 miles on it, sat in some guy's garage. It's got about 1400 miles now with me hitting 1000 miles while on the track at Laguna Seca. :cheers:
800xGBMD0422.jpg

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
New leader with 11k miles on an R!:cheers::ford::headbang::thumbsup:
FWIW, about 4,000 of those are highway miles (RT Dallas-Houston and Dallas-Waco).

And on yet another tangent / detour: I still can't wrap my head around how much attention this car gets. I mean, I absolutely love the car, and think it's beautiful but, still, the attention is enthusiastic and incessant. :confused:

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

Great question! This may need to be a separate topic. My old Track Pack would literally explode with every cold start up. It was F-ing AWESOME. It literally scared little kids and made non-car guys smile. But my R does NOT have that sick cold start up. I would think with no resonators it would louder at initial start up, but it has never been. I’m puzzled. The only thing my TP was better at was at the initial cold start up. I’ll have to try a quick jab at the clutch and see if that works.

Sponsored

wallie40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I bought mine back in Oct with 8 miles on it and now I have 120. I just seem to busy recently with work and life to drive the car. I wont sell it , but I need to make more time to drive it.

For what its worth...mine makes a loud bark at startup every time.

-Paul

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I bought mine back in Oct with 8 miles on it and now I have 120. I just seem to busy recently with work and life to drive the car. I wont sell it , but I need to make more time to drive it.

-Paul
Some of you I do not recognize and I appreciate you taking the time to post and share. Life is tough to get around sometimes. Believe me I understand. Good thing is, when you do get the time and press that lil red button. All problems seem to go away......:cheers:

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor

-Paul
maybe it's barking at you because it wants to get driven.

wallie40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Some of you I do not recognize and I appreciate you taking the time to post and share. Life is tough to get around sometimes. Believe me I understand. Good thing is, when you do get the time and press that lil red button. All problems seem to go away......:cheers:
You have that right! Nothing feels better than pushing that lil red button to hear my car roar! :cheers:

-Paul