Sponsored

Whipple Gen 4?

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
Gen 4 will be available for the 15-17's but there's no timeframe on when they'll be released and we don't have any data yet on the improvements we'll see on it over the Gen 3.
Thank you for the heads up. Can you tell us if it’ll be using the later 3.0l blower?
Sponsored

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
We have reached the power levels where adding even more power for a street car is basically unusable power....it's more for the fuk yeah more is better attitude....and there is nothing wrong with that. To each his own for sure. I'm on street tires and beyond half throttle in first or second is nothing but a smoke show. It's pretty crazy how now 700 to the wheels is common and meh to some people. Haha. Great times we are living in.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
The reason the Gen 3 was released in such hurry is
1. Because it was ready lol.
2. Because it works, it's proven over & over to add 60ish whp over the Gen 2 all other things being equal.
3. TVS style blowers are in the works with something that is supposed to change the game (in the PD world) as seen in development on the ZR-1 & whipple wanted to beat them to the market getting while the gettin is good.
R2650 versus R2300:
4% more efficient
15% larger (2300cc vs. 2650 cc)
18% less input power required
25% more air flow at 18,000 RPM and 14 psi boost (2.0 Pressure Ratio)
72% isentropic efficiency vs. 68%
Just food for thought for peeps about to pull the trigger.
Gen 3 came out becUse it was better, we always get the customer the best kit. Gen 4 is coming down the road. Gen 5 is near production, gen 6 is also in testing.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Gen 3 came out becUse it was better, we always get the customer the best kit. Gen 4 is coming down the road. Gen 5 is near production, gen 6 is also in testing.
If i buy gen4 will there be an uograde path? Wish ididn't have to sell my gen2 myself

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
If i buy gen4 will there be an uograde path? Wish ididn't have to sell my gen2 myself
That would be too cool if there was an upgrade program put in place and I think it would make more people upgrade for sure. However, it’s gotta make sense on Whipple’s end......

Sponsored

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would be too cool if there was an upgrade program put in place and I think it would make more people upgrade for sure. However, it’s gotta make sense on Whipple’s end......
Agreed. Ibought the gen2. Then bought gen 3. Iwon't buy gen4 but if there's uograde program imight

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I’m thinking the bottom half kit with everything but the head unit(which buyer sources used) is the only upgrade program you’ll ever see. Idk why they’d do anything more than that, as it seemed pretty simple and they didn’t take on any extra work/responsibility. Looked like a smart move on their part, i just haven’t seen as many gen 2s for sale as i thought i would

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
For me I’d like to upgrade yet but I’m not ready to purchase a new head unit just yet. I’m getting a stout long block built first and then upgrading the head unit later. I’m very intrigued in the gen 4 and what it will do.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m thinking the bottom half kit with everything but the head unit(which buyer sources used) is the only upgrade program you’ll ever see. Idk why they’d do anything more than that, as it seemed pretty simple and they didn’t take on any extra work/responsibility. Looked like a smart move on their part, i just haven’t seen as many gen 2s for sale as i thought i would
I'm not following; Gen3 you pull Gen2 head unit off and put Gen3 on. I know of at least a dozen Gen2's for sale right now out there. I just recently sold mine.

If speculation is correct on Gen4 and it turns upside down like the Gen5 everything upper and lower would need to be replaced.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not following; Gen3 you pull Gen2 head unit off and put Gen3 on. I know of at least a dozen Gen2's for sale right now out there. I just recently sold mine.

If speculation is correct on Gen4 and it turns upside down like the Gen5 everything upper and lower would need to be replaced.
Don't we already know what Gen4 is, as it's being sold for the 2018 cars?

The funny thing is that even the lowly Gen2(lol) has enough power to turn our stock blocks into coffee tables.

As for me?

Part of the allure of a Whipple for me is how cool the blower looks.

The gen4 looks like a my father in laws Callaway under the hood! :barf:

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE

ok i see what you're saying now...where are you seeing these gen 2 for sale though? i've only seen a couple

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok i see what you're saying now...where are you seeing these gen 2 for sale though? i've only seen a couple
Search Facebook for Whipple exchange

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
I'll sell my gen 2