Sponsored

Passing emissions with my Procharger

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Disconnect your battery for a second and see what happens. Your readiness resets. Same thing.
Right, but we aren't talking about replacing batteries.
We are talking about a guy that was flashing his ECU multiple times.

I understand how readiness tests work, just had to make the file for our cars to pass the CARB EO emissions test. It was a load of work, since its a LV3 car.

But nothing anyone says on these forums is going to help this guys monitors "set"... if his conditions aren't correct, they aren't correct... end of story.

Some people are lucky and live in climates the help allow the tests to run more frequently. I haven't looked where he is at, but if its cold... that won't help his case.
Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Right, but we aren't talking about replacing batteries.
We are talking about a guy that was flashing his ECU multiple times.

I understand how readiness tests work, just had to make the file for our cars to pass the CARB EO emissions test. It was a load of work, since its a LV3 car.

But nothing anyone says on these forums is going to help this guys monitors "set"... if his conditions aren't correct, they aren't correct... end of story.

Some people are lucky and live in climates the help allow the tests to run more frequently. I haven't looked where he is at, but if its cold... that won't help his case.
How do stock cars that replace batteries and are not in a climate that is appropriate set then? They start from scratch just like flashing and they complete.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
How do stock cars that replace batteries and are not in a climate that is appropriate set then? They start from scratch just like flashing and they complete.
Right, but they take time, miles, drive cycles, to complete.

Nobody puts a battery in their car... then runs out and goes "OMG, did my monitors all reset?" ...... no, they replace the battery, and they drive the car and never worry about it. (meanwhile, in the background all the monitors start to be set one by one over time)

The ONLY time I have seen this become an issue is when someone works on their car, right before its due to get inspected for tags or something. (even stock cars) And then they ask me "Hey man, do you know how to make monitors set, so I can get tags?"...... Simple answer... DRIVE IT.

I am sure if someone wanted to do a load of diggin on the internet. You find out all the exact conditions to make monitors set on these cars. Then you could do your very very best to mimic those conditions, to try and speed up the process.

Otherwise just do what we do.... drive them and enjoy them. :)
They all set eventually.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Right, but they take time, miles, drive cycles, to complete.

Nobody puts a battery in their car... then runs out and goes "OMG, did my monitors all reset?" ...... no, they replace the battery, and they drive the car and never worry about it. (meanwhile, in the background all the monitors start to be set one by one over time)

The ONLY time I have seen this become an issue is when someone works on their car, right before its due to get inspected for tags or something. (even stock cars) And then they ask me "Hey man, do you know how to make monitors set, so I can get tags?"...... Simple answer... DRIVE IT.

I am sure if someone wanted to do a load of diggin on the internet. You find out all the exact conditions to make monitors set on these cars. Then you could do your very very best to mimic those conditions, to try and speed up the process.

Otherwise just do what we do.... drive them and enjoy them. :)
They all set eventually.
So nobody had their battery die due to replacement or needing a jump or whatever and has to pass emissions within 3000 or more miles especially in the winter. Ok.

Quick search. 40-100 degrees ambient temp. Now my theory. The air being blow thru messes with the reading needed to set the cycles. I have seen it on sn95s in the past.

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So nobody had their battery die due to replacement or needing a jump or whatever and has to pass emissions within 3000 or more miles especially in the winter. Ok.

Quick search. 40-100 degrees ambient temp. Now my theory. The air being blow thru messes with the reading needed to set the cycles. I have seen it on sn95s in the past.

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html
That drive cycle info is not the same as what’s in the S550 Factory Sevice Manual. Just an FYI, I attached the ones from my FSM to the first post in this thread for anyone’s reference. The temps are the same, but the drive speeds are different.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
That drive cycle info is not the same as what’s in the S550 Factory Sevice Manual. Just an FYI, I attached the ones from my FSM to the first post in this thread for anyone’s reference. The temps are the same, but the drive speeds are different.
That drive cycle you are listing looks like its very out of date.

Remember the 2015+ Mustang is one of the first LV3 ultra low emissions cars on the roads. (Corvettes and Camaros are LV2)

So you need to make sure you are looking for the cycles that are for that newer standard.

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Remember the 2015+ Mustang is one of the first LV3 ultra low emissions cars on the roads. (Corvettes and Camaros are LV2)

So you need to make sure you are looking for the cycles that are for that newer standard.
The instructions in post #1 is from the S550 Ford Factory Service Manual.

Last edited:

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
My main point it I only see this with blow thru designs. Be it centrifugal or turbo. I think it is kind of a nature of the beast thing because for Evap it needs vacuum and if the levels are not hurt right it will not complete in a timely manor.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP

My friend had been complaining to lund about not completing cycles. they did SEVERAL revision and nothing worked. The last one he drove on for a couple thousand miles. Out of the blue they emailed him one Thursday afternoon. He loaded it and went to the store and drove to work yesterday. Total of about 20 miles and guess what. All readiness cycles completed. So tell me again its not in the tune......
2017-12-16_12-49-23_000.png
2017-12-16_12-49-00_000.png

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Update, Friday afternoon I drove it around until the low fuel warning went off. Took it down to to a couple gallons from empty pulled in the station and checked the monitors and the FUEL monitor had turned green. So that leaves the O2 and HO2 remaining. These are the same two monitors that had never passsed with at least 1000 miles on the last tune revision. Both Saturday and Sunday I took the car for two 100 mile constant speed highway drives, which I will try to do more of weather permitting. Those two monitors (O2 and HO2) seem to be the most trouble to make run their tests. If anyone has any additional “drive cycle” information on how to get those two to pass I’d love to here it.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Update, Friday afternoon I drove it around until the low fuel warning went off. Took it down to to a couple gallons from empty pulled in the station and checked the monitors and the FUEL monitor had turned green. So that leaves the O2 and HO2 remaining. These are the same two monitors that had never passsed with at least 1000 miles on the last tune revision. Both Saturday and Sunday I took the car for two 100 mile constant speed highway drives, which I will try to do more of weather permitting. Those two monitors (O2 and HO2) seem to be the most trouble to make run their tests. If anyone has any additional “drive cycle” information on how to get those two to pass I’d love to here it.
My friend had been complaining to lund about not completing cycles. they did SEVERAL revision and nothing worked. The last one he drove on for a couple thousand miles. Out of the blue they emailed him one Thursday afternoon. He loaded it and went to the store and drove to work yesterday. Total of about 20 miles and guess what. All readiness cycles completed. So tell me again its not in the tune......

I am not trying to argue with you here....
Maybe you missed my point...

YES, if your tune has stuff turned off it won't work.
BUT,Even if the car is stock, with the stock tune... it can still take a LONG time to get them to set correctly, waiting for all conditions to be met.

Just look at the post above me, and it shows that.

Our EO tune passes with flying colors, and sets all monitors.
Thus I know it is very much possible to work...even on these LV3 cars.

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I know what it takes to pass a LV3 test and how. There is no debate here.
I did some googling over the weekend on “LV3 and drive cycle” and could not find anything.

Can you share with the rest of us any of this info you have on the LV3 drive cycle pertaining to the O2 sensors.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Those two monitors (O2 and HO2) seem to be the most trouble to make run their tests. If anyone has any additional “drive cycle” information on how to get those two to pass I’d love to here it.
Those two are usually the easiest...
EVAP is usually the hardest.

Interesting

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Those two are usually the easiest...
EVAP is usually the hardest.

Interesting
Are you sure thinking interesting = Drama? Can only hope it will eventually mark off as ready, smog guy said I only needed one of the two to trigger.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anybody have any suggestions on what I can look at to see if my O2 sensors are really “turned on”? Would looking at any specific PIDs on the Ngauge tell anything?
Sponsored