Sponsored

2018 GT Roush Cold Air Intake

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Also, I'm still waiting for airaid to come up with their version. And since my friend will be getting his car really soon, I'll just sell it to him for a really cheap price that he can't refuse if I don't like it. Problem solved.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sig556

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Follow Up

Did you get the Cold Air Intake directly from Roush? If it wasnt roush, did they have installed photos? After looking at Roush photos: http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/2018-Mustang-V8-Cold-Air-Kit.html you can clearly tell trimming is required
Go to their website they show the engine cover hacked up to clear the CAI. They couldn't even cut the cover without showing gaps. Their rep stated he would take my complaint back to R&D. Also the engine cover is in the $285.00 range. I know you can run it without the cover but the new setup looks bad enough as is. Hell Ford doesn't even provide Coil Covers anymore. I don't know about you guys but the 2018 engine bay looks piss poor.

I also wanted the option of running a tune or a stand alone unit.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
There are many aftermarket intakes by MANY companies for MANY cars that require things to be cut/trimmed to fit properly.

OP
OP
Sig556

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
There are many aftermarket intakes by MANY companies for MANY cars that require things to be cut/trimmed to fit properly.
I am fully aware of these modifications. I have been building and modifying cars for over 30 years. But ruining a complete engine cover is not slightly making a modification. If I did not care I would say go for it But I am Old School and do not like ruining something just to make something else work
Thanks for the comment.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sig556

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Sig556,
Since Ford redesigned the 5.0L Engine cover, they left very little room for any intake aside from stock. While cutting the cover is not required for installation, some owners may choose to in order to keep the cover on the car.
2018%20Cold%20Air%20Intake-28-L.jpg
Guys as you can see from the picture Roush did a lousy job trimming the cover to show their CAI installation. You would think a manufacturer would have it look like it was stock.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Hell Ford doesn't even provide Coil Covers anymore. I don't know about you guys but the 2018 engine bay looks piss poor.
Welcome to the world of modern direct injection

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I tossed (well, put in storage) the engine cover. Aside from the poor aesthetics, I cant help but think it might retain *some* heat around the intake manifold...maybe, maybe not.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
if i had an 18 that cover would have been in the trash before i even got home. damn that thing is fugly

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I don't even think paint can save that engine cover...

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
The removal of my 18 engine cover was my first mod immediately followed by hood struts. I get people want to keep their cars as close to stock looking as possible while still improving performance.

I get what the op is saying but I don't like the cover so mine is on the shelf.
Sponsored