Who is upgrading to a 2018

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
I'm still paying the same price as 2018 model. Drive away price of ~69k and magneride suspension
Sounds like i need to bargain a bit harder to achieve a price close to that,just for the 2018.

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
Sounds like i need to bargain a bit harder to achieve a price close to that,just for the 2018.
Ooh rough. I'd find yourself another dealer. I have friends who went to different dealer to me and they were quoting a few $k over drive away

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Ooh rough. I'd find yourself another dealer. I have friends who went to different dealer to me and they were quoting a few $k over drive away
Lowest drive away price i got ,after going to three dealers is 74k,drive away with only the rear wing as an option.:(

Last edited:

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Visited the dealer today who confirmed I'm getting at 2019 model. Expecting delivery late July/start of August.
That still sounds too ambitious to me. Unless they’re going to start building MY19 export models before the US cars, which I can’t see them doing.

There’s no way the car could be built mid June (at the earliest), and arrive late July or start of August. 89 days from build to delivery was the previous standard (from memory, or was it VIN to delivery?), unless that has changed, that would put the first MY19 in aus by mid september

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
For the MY19 the US forums are saying Job 1 is mid-June with domestic arrivals in dealerships towards end of July at the earliest.

Based on that don’t see how an MY19 can get to Oz at the same time considering that local deliveries of MY18 haven’t started yet.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
I got two drive away prices from two Sydney dealers on a GT auto with magneride. $72k and $76k. Both firm.....what is going on??

Ford Australia say that basically they are all independent franchises and can do what they like.

I then asked about the 2019 Bullitt - Ford Australia said that they know nothing regarding the Bullitt and I should ask my dealer. One dealer wanted a 2k deposit and the contract price (subject to confirmation) would be 80K. The other dealer wanted a 5k deposit and they stated the contract price would be 100k and then also adjusted when actual price was known. Both quotes where for Bullitt with Recaros and Magneride.

Watch out - its a jungle out there - in New Mustang buying land!

StormR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm still paying the same price as 2018 model. Drive away price of ~69k and magneride suspension
Congrats on an amazing price for a 2018 with magnaride for 69k drive away! Can I confirm if this is for the GT 10 speed auto and are you happy to share the dealer offering this amazing price?

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
Congrats on an amazing price for a 2018 with magnaride for 69k drive away! Can I confirm if this is for the GT 10 speed auto and are you happy to share the dealer offering this amazing price?
It's for a manual. I'm based in Melbourne so if you are as well, feel free to direct message me

Sponsored

StormR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
NZ arrival... jealous
Thanks for sharing this.
This video potentially confirmed three disappointing things about our RHD version of the Mustang.

1) Notice rev meter that the RHD Mustang redline is 8000RPMs compared to the American 8500RPM

2) Where was Drag Strip mode? I only noticed Race mode from the list of modes the dealer could go through. I have read some Australian car reviews confirming even though we do not get line lock, Ford has confirmed that we will still get Drag Mode.

3) We don't get the heart beating light start button ? Why?

Five Red Lights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT manual MagneRide Recaros. Ordered
Drag strip mode is there, 6:52 in 1st vid. Does that come with manual? Hope so..
Pulsing starter is a strange omission. Forescan fix?

Also noticed no digital gauges in vents. And from what I’ve read and seen from UK and Philippines we dont get the strut brace.

Posted 2 weeks ago, how did they get them that long before Australia? Lucky buggers!