1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Considering prior year Cobra Jets were in excess of $99k, it would not surprise me if the 2018 was in excess of $150k, fully loaded with every Ford Performance goody available from the factory.
The CJ cars already come "loaded" with all the drag racing goodies. What other options can you add? Its a drag car so there is no interior.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
What makes the car not street legal? Emissions? Tires? Suspension? Clearance? Do the doors even open? No insurance in their right mind will cover it? Will it bounce off a normal road?

Sponsored

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
What makes the car not street legal? Emissions? Tires? Suspension? Clearance? Do the doors even open? No insurance in their right mind will cover it? Will it bounce off a normal road?
Lack of air bags, the engine won't be emission certified. No cup holders or stereo gear for the softies. It's a door slammer so it is based on a normal bodied car. Probably a small fuel cell, not a regular sized tank.
I'd take it to the grocery store, but most here wouldn't.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It’s strictly a drag racer. If I remember, I don’t think the Cobra Jets come affixed with a VIN plate (and is sometimes referred to as a “body in white”).

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
It’s strictly a drag racer. If I remember, I don’t think the Cobra Jets come affixed with a VIN plate (and is sometimes referred to as a “body in white”).
Main thing is NO VIN number, and they start life as a "Body in White" all of which have NO VIN and are sold with a Bill of Sale.

Maybe they'd let you register it in Dubai if you were a rich member of the ruling family. :headbonk:

Nobody mentioned that it looks like it has the 2018+ updated front fascia, with one huge raised cowl hood.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
They do have a serial number where the VIN normally resides on the dash.

So, what you do is buy a base model beater, and switch VIN's...no, wait that would be illegal...

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
They do have a serial number where the VIN normally resides on the dash.

So, what you do is buy a base model beater, and switch VIN's...no, wait that would be illegal...
But lots of fun!

Sponsored

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
We need a street version of this car!
What we don't need is another road course car.
We need a Demon slayer, We need this!
Who said road course car?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Nobody mentioned that it looks like it has the 2018+ updated front fascia, with one huge raised cowl hood.
Updated front fascia? What is it that you are seeing?

kiwiford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon 302, Mazda MPV V6
All I want is for it to be as successful as its predecessors, and smash copo's and dragpacks on the strips !!

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
50TH ANNIVERSARY COBRA JET NOW AVAILABLE FOR ORDER

DEARBORN - Ford Performance has begun accepting orders for the new 50th Anniversary 2018 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet. Place your order at your local Ford dealership to begin the ordering process.