OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Need to take mine in for warranty work. Nothing urgent so been putting it off for months, frightened of going near a main dealer. After this thread I'm absolutely petrified. If nice guy Kristian gets a badly drawn C&B on his bonnet, I could well end up with a bonnet size vag on mine.
Well, I'm now petrified if I ever have to go back for any warranty work, what will they drawer next?! :eyebulge:

I actually stressed over which dealership to take mine to back in Jan, and I had heard *some* good things about Think Ford Guildford, however sadly I was wrong! My advice - if you know of a dealership with a shining reputation, go there - whatever the inconvenience. It will be better in the long run!
Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
11 weeks it took on my car and right now it's still unclear who's paying!

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
11 weeks it took on my car and right now it's still unclear who's paying!
Just saw your PM Benny, that's awful that you should have to pay a single penny (or cent!). Ford UK are bad but they do honor warranty work where it's applicable, even if they can't do the work very well :lol:

Seems outside of the UK, things are worse :tsk:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
................... funnily enough the service manager who was stood next to me offered to wipe a cloth over it, to which i obviously said no. Anyway drawing in that paintwork will have scratched it - no question.
I'd have got him to stand next to it and taken his picture, then contemplate who to send it to.

Been thinking about talking to Peter Stirland Ford in Hungerford. They're not a FordStore but they are small, friendly and have a reputation to maintain. There's enough of us who live/work around that area to make it worthwhile for them to get involved in the same way that Burns of Congleton clearly have.

You let the cat out of bag about those who have their cars washed by DMC on the morning of a meet! :)

Glad you've got yours back; looking forward to seeing it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'd have got him to stand next to it and taken his picture, then contemplate who to send it to.
It was Charlotte I was with, the previous service manager I spoke to in March (Alan Abraham) has since left. If they have any sense, they'll make Charlotte the service manager - nothing but praise for her, she was the only good thing about this otherwise shite experience. She'll back me up :)

I've told Ford CRC that I arrive to see my car had been "vandalised", so I'll absolutely be aiming for a full paint correction. I need to go back to them with a full account of my complaints & expectations. I got a lot of ammunition to get a lot out of them!

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
It was Charlotte I was with, the previous service manager I spoke to in March (Alan Abraham) has since left. If they have any sense, they'll make Charlotte the service manager - nothing but praise for her, she was the only good thing about this otherwise shite experience. She'll back me up :)

I've told Ford CRC that I arrive to see my car had been "vandalised", so I'll absolutely be aiming for a full paint correction. I need to go back to them with a full account of my complaints & expectations. I got a lot of ammunition to get a lot out of them!
I'm just absolutely staggered at what happened to your car, especially the AM, dealer fit, hood graphics!
Completely unacceptable!

Still, it seems you won't let this bring you down :thumbsup:

Enjoy your car now in the good weather we're having and find an alternative dealer, if you can.

welsh treg

Mid life crisis guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony power
How have you found our local dealer in Swansea for servicing warranty work etc? Any knobs there?
Don't use Days of Swansea never had any luck there,
I use DG Weavers mainly in Cowbridge been buying from them for 30 years know them very well, never had a problem, its a Two hour round trip but I'm happy to make it.

Reading this back, 30 years since I bought my first XR2 :eyebulge:
I was a spotty teen-ish at the time
F*ck time flys.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Don't use Days of Swansea never had any luck there,
I use DG Weavers mainly in Cowbridge been buying from them for 30 years know them very well, never had a problem, its a Two hour round trip but I'm happy to make it.

Reading this back, 30 years since I bought my first XR2 :eyebulge:
I was a spotty teen-ish at the time
F*ck time flys.
Awesome thanks Weavers are closer to me , about 20
Minutes and I was thinking of them

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Just saw your PM Benny, that's awful that you should have to pay a single penny (or cent!). Ford UK are bad but they do honor warranty work where it's applicable, even if they can't do the work very well :lol:

Seems outside of the UK, things are worse :tsk:
Will see how it goes, they said they would get in touch asap since the decision is made in the German HQ. And since a new warranty claim is already on the way for a new hood this time I might take a while I think;)

What I don't get is why didn't you drive carpet less for some time between appointments like I did for 10 weeks?

Every time work is done on the car I'm staying there and usually help along where I can. Apart from the 11 weeks it took I'm quite happy how we got interior and the carpet back together.

In the end the culprit for the duration it took was just getting a free time slot at the body shop, once I finally got that it only took 90 minutes to find the leak and fix it. Next time I drive straight to the body shop and let themselves figure it out the middle man!

On to the next issue!

Cheers

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What I don't get is why didn't you drive carpet less for some time between appointments like I did for 10 weeks?
I could have taken it back, but they would have had to reinstall my original carpet, only to remove it all after about a week. It was always difficult for me to get to the dealership, fitting it around work too.

Update: I told Ford CRC last week to allow me a few days to gather my thoughts and expect an email with my complaint.

Very lengthy email now sent. I went in to detail about all my complaints - both minor & major, why I felt these points were negative & then summed up by listing my expectations in terms of compensation!

Will keep you posted :)

MikeR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Convertible Auto Magnetic Euro PP Custom Pk
Been thinking about talking to Peter Stirland Ford in Hungerford. They're not a FordStore but they are small, friendly and have a reputation to maintain. There's enough of us who live/work around that area to make it worthwhile for them to get involved in the same way that Burns of Congleton clearly have.
Ben,

You'll find that Stirland of Hungerford are already pretty well versed in 'things Mustang', they are my local Ford Dealer and look after mine. Although not a designated FordStore they have supplied several S550 Mustangs locally, fitted mods and have run a couple of new Mustangs within the family. The parts and service departments are VERY Mustang friendly and I'm very happy to recommend based on personal experience of how well they look after me and my car. I know of several others who take their S550s there too.

23TGrabberBlue

Grabber Blue Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2017 EcoBoost Grabber Blue
Ben,

You'll find that Stirland of Hungerford are already pretty well versed in 'things Mustang', they are my local Ford Dealer and look after mine. Although not a designated FordStore they have supplied several S550 Mustangs locally, fitted mods and have run a couple of new Mustangs within the family. The parts and service departments are VERY Mustang friendly and I'm very happy to recommend based on personal experience of how well they look after me and my car. I know of several others who take their S550s there too.
IMO, Those are the kind of dealers who should be selling the Mustangs and RS models, not the pile it high and sell it quick brigade.

Smaller dealers exclusively looking after the "premium" cars. Not juggling them with all the people buying Fiestas and EcoSports.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Ben,

Brilliant, thanks Mike.
Sponsored