Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
This is mine... waiting for spring

I do love the hood scoop! What brand did you get and how does it affect forward visibility?
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-v-series-hood-scoop-prepainted-15-16.html

As far as visibility is concerned, the truth is that it affects very little ,if before with such a long and wide nose it was difficult to see ,now it is the same thing.

When I have a moment, I'll take a picture from the inside so you can see for yourself.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
He has, I have already been speaking to him this evening lol!

Great minds think alike :)

TJ
[MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] I just got off the phone with Jigar in sales and I have to say he was absolutely wonderful to deal with.

I bought the jacking rails and a clutch spring....got a good deal BTW..:thumbsup:

Looking forward to receiving my purchase, as well as my next purchase..Thank you :cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I bought the jacking rails and a clutch spring....got a good deal BTW..:thumbsup:
The clutch spring is the single greatest mod you can do to these cars :D

Seriously though, it greatly changes the entire driving experience. I pulled mine mine when my car was 2 days old, it was better, but a little too much effort, got one of these several months later, and the clutch was perfect.

FYI (you may be aware), but IF you happen to break the spring perch/mount, Steeda has a beefy replacement for it.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
The clutch spring is the single greatest mod you can do to these cars :D

Seriously though, it greatly changes the entire driving experience. I pulled mine mine when my car was 2 days old, it was better, but a little too much effort, got one of these several months later, and the clutch was perfect.

FYI (you may be aware), but IF you happen to break the spring perch/mount, Steeda has a beefy replacement for it.
I was reading thru some older threads on the topic and I noticed your comments. When I was speaking with the Steeda rep today and I finalized my rail purchase, he asked me if there was anything else.. I thought about it and asked for a price on a spring. He gave me an excellent price and threw it it on the box:thumbsup:

He asked me if I wanted the perch as well. But I am fully aware of the damage issue if caution isn’t taken. So I will be careful. :thumbsup:

For the price, if I don’t like it, it’s only a 5 minute switchout. But I am looking forward to trying it. As others have said, it’s hard to get thru 1-2 without bucking. So this definitely won’t hurt:D

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I was reading thru some older threads on the topic and I noticed your comments. When I was speaking with the Steeda rep today and I finalized my rail purchase, he asked me if there was anything else.. I thought about it and asked for a price on a spring. He gave me an excellent price and threw it it on the box:thumbsup:

He asked me if I wanted the perch as well. But I am fully aware of the damage issue if caution isn’t taken. So I will be careful. :thumbsup:

For the price, if I don’t like it, it’s only a 5 minute switchout. But I am looking forward to trying it. As others have said, it’s hard to get thru 1-2 without bucking. So this definitely won’t hurt:D
I installed it on my coupe as the first several months with the stock spring were terrible. I have not swapped it on the vert yet because for some reason it doesn't seem as bad? I keep wondering if someone swapped out the spring already because it does not feel like the stock spring :shrug:
You will notice a bit more firmness in the clutch pedal with the steeda, but it's not significant and worth the trade off. The only thing that makes the clutch feel heavier after that is to drive a GT350. I test drove one and thought the clutch was broken because I could not feel anything at all it was so light...

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I installed it on my coupe as the first several months with the stock spring were terrible. I have not swapped it on the vert yet because for some reason it doesn't seem as bad? I keep wondering if someone swapped out the spring already because it does not feel like the stock spring :shrug:
You will notice a bit more firmness in the clutch pedal with the steeda, but it's not significant and worth the trade off. The only thing that makes the clutch feel heavier after that is to drive a GT350. I test drove one and thought the clutch was broken because I could not feel anything at all it was so light...
I will trade off for the extra firmness any day of the week. My clutch feels a tad lighter than I think it should anyway.. Looking forward to the new experience.

My parts are starting to really pile up. Gonna need a week or two in order to get everything installed....:D

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I will trade off for the extra firmness any day of the week. My clutch feels a tad lighter than I think it should anyway.. Looking forward to the new experience.

My parts are starting to really pile up. Gonna need a week or two in order to get everything installed....:D
Awesome, excited to see your progress on the mods! Gotta get that build journal going!!
How's the snow situation looking for you there? We have one more storm coming tonight and then clear sailing from there... cannot wait!
Both my city and Green Bay broke the all time records for snow fall with over 28"
This has been surreal....

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Awesome, excited to see your progress on the mods! Gotta get that build journal going!!
How's the snow situation looking for you there? We have one more storm coming tonight and then clear sailing from there... cannot wait!
Both my city and Green Bay broke the all time records for snow fall with over 28"
This has been surreal....
Yep!!!!!.... Journal for sure:thumbsup:

This has been one hell-of-a winter everywhere it seems...:tsk:

As far as snow goes here, its getting better. Had some freezing rain pass thru last night, just rain now. And like you, we are looking clear after this week.

Soon gonna be rumbling again......:cheers:

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] I just got off the phone with Jigar in sales and I have to say he was absolutely wonderful to deal with.

Looking forward to receiving my purchase, as well as my next purchase..Thank you :cheers:
Those are one my possibilities list too. :) I have to get more than 70 miles on the damn thing first though. :D

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I was thinking about the jacking rails. Let me know if you notice any difference besides the obvious one easier and safer to jack up.

thanks

CVCashmere

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I was thinking about the jacking rails. Let me know if you notice any difference besides the obvious one easier and safer to jack up.

thanks

CVCashmere
Will do !!!!!:thumbsup:
Sponsored