Sponsored

I'm procharged and looking to buy oil pump gear and crank sprocket

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Hey guys I'm looking to buy oil pump gears and crank sprocket. Can you guys point me to the direction of which one you guys recommend??

Thanks
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Hey stang. Any of them will be good over a factory one. Things ive gathered is that boundary gears are made of a slighty weaker steel vs MMR and TSS. I dont believe anyone has broken a billet OPG no matter the brand at our power levels. If/when I go with one ill be getting a boundary set with CS.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have boundary OPG and TSS CS

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
I run the MMR gears but I truly haven’t heard of any aftermarket ones failing at all. I’d say you’re safe to go with the cheapest aftermarket one you can find.

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Hey stang. Any of them will be good over a factory one. Things ive gathered is that boundary gears are made of a slighty weaker steel vs MMR and TSS. I dont believe anyone has broken a billet OPG no matter the brand at our power levels. If/when I go with one ill be getting a boundary set with CS.
Do you have any links or info on the boundary gears being weaker?
No way to post something like that without some info or thought out reasoning.
I like TSS, cause they are based out of Orange, Texas, and have a long history supporting Ford. But I would NOT poo poo Boundary unless there was stout evidence for them being weaker.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Do you have any links or info on the boundary gears being weaker?
No way to post something like that without some info or thought out reasoning.
I like TSS, cause they are based out of Orange, Texas, and have a long history supporting Ford. But I would NOT poo poo Boundary unless there was stout evidence for them being weaker.
It’s in this forum, feel free to search.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Ran out of time to rub one out this AM? Puts me in a bad mood too. :doh:
Grab a beer? :cheers:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72186&highlight=Boundary&page=2

That info is so far in the weeds... lol, I heard Tim Eichorn would rather that post disappear. I would take that thread with a serious grain of salt and its ripe for responsible moderator cleanup. You check YB and other forums first for any corroboration?

First off, our motors are interference motors. If you catch a valve you shatter the roller followers and the roller bearings love to ride the galleys down to the pump pickup. Run one thru an oil pump and the gears look like shit.

Then a story about a customer “bringing in” a torn up gear? Come on mang:shrug:

Either 9310 or 4140 are excellent choices and their finished properties can over lap considerably depending on heat treatment. These parts are built by laser scanning an OEM gear, processing the data to create a wire edm tool, and speccing a heat treatment by a production shop. Its pretty hard to screw that up. If you do screw up the material or heat treat, it will be hella obvious and someone will post a brinell series and bust the mfg on alloy or heat treatment.
If dims are off, people are going to post micrometer or at least caliper measurements (calipers are inadequate for precision gears).

Out of respect for people that bust their asses to build a business, I am simply suggesting that it sounds hard to believe Boundary has built a business around making quality gears for a decade and decided to make crap gears for Mustangs. Dont take my word though; there are trusted vendors (reputation and trust is their life) who feel compelled to make their first hand experience known.

Fantastic response

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Ran out of time to rub one out this AM? Puts me in a bad mood too. :doh:
Grab a beer? :cheers:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72186&highlight=Boundary&page=2

That info is so far in the weeds... lol, I heard Tim Eichorn would rather that post disappear. I would take that thread with a serious grain of salt and its ripe for responsible moderator cleanup. You check YB and other forums first for any corroboration?

First off, our motors are interference motors. If you catch a valve you shatter the roller followers and the roller bearings love to ride the galleys down to the pump pickup. Run one thru an oil pump and the gears look like shit.

Then a story about a customer “bringing in” a torn up gear? Come on mang:shrug:

Either 9310 or 4140 are excellent choices and their finished properties can over lap considerably depending on heat treatment. These parts are built by laser scanning an OEM gear, processing the data to create a wire edm tool, and speccing a heat treatment by a production shop. Its pretty hard to screw that up. If you do screw up the material or heat treat, it will be hella obvious and someone will post a brinell series and bust the mfg on alloy or heat treatment.
If dims are off, people are going to post micrometer or at least caliper measurements (calipers are inadequate for precision gears).

Out of respect for people that bust their asses to build a business, I am simply suggesting that it sounds hard to believe Boundary has built a business around making quality gears for a decade and decided to make crap gears for Mustangs. Dont take my word though; there are trusted vendors (reputation and trust is their life) who feel compelled to make their first hand experience known.

Dont think so highly of yourself, I dont trigger easily, youre way overthinking my "feel free to search" response. You also missed the part of my response where I said if I get OPGs Ill get boundary so I dont know why you think im trying to knock them, just giving OP info to help him make his decision. Its a holiday, chill son.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Dont think so highly of yourself, I dont trigger easily, youre way overthinking my "feel free to search" response. You also missed the part of my response where I said if I get OPGs Ill get boundary so I dont know why you think im trying to knock them, just giving OP info to help him make his decision. Its a holiday, chill son.
Sry. Was drinkn w fam. You are correct. Chill in progress.
Big thanks and mad respect for all those who have served.

2-tone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt m6
Got mine from beef. I ran boundary opg and mmr crank sprocket on stock motor. TSS for both in my built motor. I beat all of them with my 2 step and bouncing off the rev limiter. Boundary opg and mmr sporcket looked basically new after 10k boosted miles.
Sponsored