Sponsored

Baltimore Floods. State of Emergency declared.

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
Baltimore is the holding port for Export Mustangs I think.

Does anyone know how this affects the actual Port?
If so I assume many Mustamgs would have been flooded?

Here's the article copied. Hopefully it works. I'm posting from my phone,

"NEWS
Baltimore’s Catastrophic Flooding Is As Terrifying As It Is Surreal
PrepForThat Staff May 28, 2018

Heavy rains once again drenched the Baltimore, Maryland area, leaving the place the site of devastating flash flooding. Elliot City was the worst hit, at times, it appears that the city was submerged in a monster river.

Gov. Larry Hogan has declared a state of emergency for the state. Maryland Emergency Management Agency has been working with all effected areas. Swift water rescue has been out saving lives.

“This is an EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND POTENTIALLY CATASTROPHIC situation,” the National Weather Service tweeted.

Tons of brown water flowed like rapids down streets, moving automobiles and leaving ruins in its wake.

“It is equally devasting, if not more so, than the flood of July 30, 2016,” said county spokesman Mark Miller. “Right now, we’re solely focused on making sure everyone is safe and no one is injured or dies as a result of this flooding.”

As of now, no deaths have been reported, which is completely amazing after you watch the videos of the catastrophic flooding. Hundreds of rescuers were put into action as soon as the flooding began."
0 comments

PREVIOUS ARTICLE
Hillary Clinton Says She Wants To Take Over Facebook
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Ellicott City appears to be the part of town that's been hit hard. That's well west of the port. You guys waiting for 2018 cars should be okay.....relax!!

For those wondering where your Mustang last touched US soil (concrete!), here 'ya go:

See the red dot:

port1.jpg

Zoom in:

port2.jpg

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Interesting to note that cars with the OTT stripes don't have the plastic protection film applied.....

Tells us that the stripes are added after the cars have left the main production facility, I guess.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Interesting to note that cars with the OTT stripes don't have the plastic protection film applied.....

Tells us that the stripes are added after the cars have left the main production facility, I guess.

Yes, IIRC that's always been the case but the film is applied well after that stage, it's applied at the port after the car goes through one of those old school automated car washes :eyebulge: after being unloaded from the train.

My guess is it's left off so it doesn't lift the stripes when being removed. It's a pain to remove that stuff, especially when it's been on the car for at least a month and possibly two.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
Ellicott City appears to be the part of town that's been hit hard. That's well west of the port. You guys waiting for 2018 cars should be okay.....relax!!

For those wondering where your Mustang last touched US soil (concrete!), here 'ya go:

See the red dot:

port1.jpg

Zoom in:

port2.jpg

Thanks for that.

Are you are saying the flood waters won't exit to the sea near the Port?

Those cars in the aerial shot are 17's not 18's.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
The heaviest rainfall was to the west.

I included the pics to show the staging area. Topography in this area not conducive to flooding....anyone waiting on their 2018 car can relax (unless they bought a convertible :)).
Sponsored