Sponsored

2018 GT Stock Quickest Pass ?

Digiam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 camaro ss A8
Ive been waiting and waiting and waiting..... on the GT500. I wouldn't mind taking a look that way. Seems like my kids will be out of college by the time it comes out anyway..lol. If the styling is right, power is there, and it can be had with the A10, id give it a hard look too. I know the ZL-1 is all the talk right now but in the past they always end up bringing up the rear in power. the new ZL-1 has a tiny ass blower and heat soaks quick. Not much room to push power much higher other than for one dyno run just to say you did it. Then its pulling timing and making shit for power.
Sponsored

Digiam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 camaro ss A8
I love both cars very much and looking forward to the Camaro refresh. Maybe a power bump of 475 hp/lb?
I doubt there will be a power bump. When the 14-15 Camaro refresh happened, people thought it would get a bump because it was known that the 11-14 mustang GT's were faster. GM didn't care a single bit. Same power. Same crap L99 in the auto with only 400hp. Im thinking they will add the styling, a few new packages to allow some folks to get a V8 cheaper, maybe 1-2 new colors, and the A10.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
I doubt there will be a power bump. When the 14-15 Camaro refresh happened, people thought it would get a bump because it was known that the 11-14 mustang GT's were faster. GM didn't care a single bit. Same power. Same crap L99 in the auto with only 400hp. Im thinking they will add the styling, a few new packages to allow some folks to get a V8 cheaper, maybe 1-2 new colors, and the A10.
Just the A10 would help it a ton. Might not need the power bump, but would be nice.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think we're all waiting for the GT500 hahaha. I wonder if they'll release it with the A10? Ford releases the Shelby's only in manual (which is fine by me).
Word on the street is a 7spd DCT

Just the A10 would help it a ton. Might not need the power bump, but would be nice.
I'd be interested to see how much the A10 would help. The power the LT1 makes is pretty wide, not sure if it would have much advantage over the A8.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Word on the street is a 7spd DCT

I'd be interested to see how much the A10 would help. The power the LT1 makes is pretty wide, not sure if it would have much advantage over the A8.
The reason it would help a lot is the more efficient power transfer. Hence less power train loss.

Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Unlikely.

More probable is a 5.2LSC with a CPC tied to either the M6 or a A10.
A member on this website had a lengthy conversation with someone who spent some time in one of the Ford buildings and had some insight on the new gt500.

I won't spill any beans because he will likely post at some point but based on his conversation and a little digging, there is a chance it could be a tremec DCT.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Considering it already has an 8 speed, I don't see it helping out much at all.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Im also waiting on the Camaro Refresh. If its gets a small power bump and the A10 and is reasonably priced. That will be my next car.

On a side note.. the new GT500 really interests me also.
More than a little bump.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Apparently they think we're saying the new GT will take out a Z06 and a GTR?

What the crap.

Sponsored

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
The A10 may or may not help in straight line performance, but will be a welcome upgrade over the A8 which has had flaky shudder issues and slow responding paddles. :rant:

gt4urass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
It would definitely help. The gear spacing is obviously fantastic in the 10 speed. The first gear is even steeper, so, traction limitations aside, the already great 60' of a stock stalled sis gen will only improve. They would have a comfortable ET and trap advantage with that change alone.

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
The A10 may or may not help in straight line performance, but will be a welcome upgrade over the A8 which has had flaky shudder issues and slow responding paddles. :rant:
Which also means that it's probably going to see a price increase too no? I really don't see how the Camaro will benefit that much from the 10 speed vs 8. It definitely wont be anything like going from a 6 speed to a 10 speed. --Cheers

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Which also means that it's probably going to see a price increase too no? I really don't see how the Camaro will benefit that much from the 10 speed vs 8. It definitely wont be anything like going from a 6 speed to a 10 speed. --Cheers
Just from the simple fact the A8 isnt all that great. The A10 is a great welcome.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I doubt it benefits from the 8 to 10 change much. But I also doubt it’ll cost GM anymore to put the 10 in the SS. You got em. Might as well use em.
Sponsored