Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Won't argue it either. 6lbs of boost with a GT350 equating to 600+ RWHP.

I'm picking up a new daily, Focus ST and I can't wait to get almost the same gas mileage as my '07 Civic and also have twice the power when I want. But I'll stick to N/A on my 350.
No doubt the 350 stays in my garage. If you leave the environmental argument out of it, less is more. FI allows a smaller displacement motor to make the same power levels of an engine twice its size and achieve better gas mileage. From and investment and business perspective, DUH!!!! Why would automobiles not go FI? lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I'm interested to hear how you like the ST. I was halfway considering an RS but it's a bit overkill, the ST makes more sense, but wasn't sure if I'd be starved for power.
I buddy of mine has a Fieasta ST. I've driven it and its a hoot.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm interested to hear how you like the ST. I was halfway considering an RS but it's a bit overkill, the ST makes more sense, but wasn't sure if I'd be starved for power.
The FiST and the FoST are hilarious. I drove one of my friend's FoST for a week and it was great. I've driven an RS and the reviews are accurate. My GOD is that a stiff ass car. Like your lady's unmentionable right up your b-hole stiff. I would love to meet the supervisor who took a go in that thing and said "yes, this is acceptable" and just smack him upside the rooftop with said unmentionable. It is stiffer than the GT350 in Track Mode and not nearly as compliant.

Also why the FoST is great:

Torquey
Sips gas when you're not being a hoon
Sounds good, a resonator delete only has insane amounts of audible return (think of 2011 - 14 GT's with GT vs GT500 axlebacks)
Handles beautifully
Comfortable seats
Cargo room
Reasonably priced consumables
More reliable than the 2.3L

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The FiST and the FoST are hilarious. I drove one of my friend's FoST for a week and it was great. I've driven an RS and the reviews are accurate. My GOD is that a stiff ass car. Like your lady's unmentionable right up your b-hole stiff. I would love to meet the supervisor who took a go in that thing and said "yes, this is acceptable" and just smack him upside the rooftop with said unmentionable. It is stiffer than the GT350 in Track Mode and not nearly as compliant.

Also why the FoST is great:

Torquey
Sips gas when you're not being a hoon
Sounds good, a resonator delete only has insane amounts of audible return (think of 2011 - 14 GT's with GT vs GT500 axlebacks)
Handles beautifully
Comfortable seats
Cargo room
Reasonably priced consumables
More reliable than the 2.3L
I might take one for a test drive this weekend. Need to get rid of this 392... great on road trips - but city mileage on par with the R and not nearly as entertaining to drive.

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That's a pretty simplistic look at it. Not only do we always regulate and manage our emissions because of climate change concerns we also have an alternative energy business unit that works to orient our technology to how the energy markets will be changing in the coming years because of... climate change.
Occams razor. Plain as day...just as the sun warms the globe and a CO2 rich environment is undoubtedly ideal for plant life, thus O2 production...Science is science...as of today we haven't figured out how to harness unicorn farts for energy, and until then God gave us a beautiful earth created green product we know as oil.

:thumbsup:

Sponsored

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Okay, I'll relent. Just lots of BS out there that effects/affects us all, and greatly.

I'd hate to see NA go. I come from the Subaru/Mitsu tuner world. The 4g63 is a mighty engine at its 2 liters. Mine did 4.2 second zero to 60s easy, all day, and beat the shit out of most performance vehicles up to 12 cylinder engines in the canyons regularly...incredible beast the Evo...That said, I tore through gas, I wasn't getting any better gas mileage than a V8 if I was lucky. Granted, driving at 10 lots of the time.

There is a reason I didn't go back and why was because there is no replacement for displacement. Its science kiddos...And the 2 liters were far inferior when it came to power delivery, top speed, and sound...They can be made fast, for sure, but they'll never be a flat plane crank or any V8 for that matter...Never.

I'd still rock an RS.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ha I wish...Another reason why I'm getting the FoST is that it's within my price range. I'm picking one up for about $15K used with around 40,000 miles on it. I can't believe Scat Packs and 392's are still in the low to mid range used.

Lightning Blue GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duey
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 #H2996, 12 FX35, 09 G37S
LMAO... How many NUKES USA,USSR,ROCKET MAN, and other countries have set off over the last 50 years there is the problem with the Global warming BS!!! The government is worried about how much water we use and big N/A cars that's a bunch of BS to steal money from "US" the working class people that pay for everything.
just my .02
GIVE ME A 7.0L N/A making 700+ HP and let me have my fun dammit

Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Ha I wish...Another reason why I'm getting the FoST is that it's within my price range. I'm picking one up for about $15K used with around 40,000 miles on it. I can't believe Scat Packs and 392's are still in the low to mid range used.
Yeah I'm surprised my '15 is still hovering around $30k.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I'm not disagreeing with that at all.

Also I love when people bitch about "tree huggers" or other advocates ONLY when it impacts what they find fun. You never see people complaining that the air in LA or other major cities are much cleaner since the 70-80's thanks to "tree huggers" and no longer comparable to cities in China, but touch my v8.. Now they are evil.

Is it over hyped? Maybe. I haven't honestly looked into it that much, but I'd honestly be amazed if you have either. Most people haven't. The more "normal" people buy "green" cars the better for the v8 IMO as if 90% of people are buying hybrids, electric, and high efficiency cars, then there is less reason to regulate a performance v8.
It’s this last sentence that helps explain the final death blow for N/A cars, not unlike how the manual trans is a dying breed. It is all about money. Manufacturers will not continue to produce vehicles that show small sales numbers with the costs involved to certify them for sale. So as fewer of the kinds of cars we want to drive are sold the fewer become available year after year.. And on top of that add in CAFE standards and N/A cars don’t stand a chance. So yes many people are buying cars with electric drive trains and all manner of hybrids, etc. and the fun cars are slowly fading away. It does appear though that high performance is not dead as electric cars can produce some lurid performance numbers but it is not the same as the smells and sounds of a N/A engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.