What will be the 2019 GT500’s HP range?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'87 Mustang (Sold); '13 Mazdaspeed 3; '19 Ranger
I vote 755 as per the Easter egg as well (though on the poll above I chose the 756-775 bracket). It does not need to beat the Demon, just the ZL1. The Demon is so narrow in its purpose, that I think Ford will be more than comfortable in coming in lower to have some cushion for maybe something like the Demon in the future if they see the need. Of course I would love to see over 800, and I am more than sure that Ford can do it, but for a track beast like the GT500 that needs to do a lot of things well, I do not think they will worry about the Demon's numbers too much.

You don't see a lot of Corvette guys crying because the new ZR1 has less horsepower than the Demon do you? It is because it is a completely different animal.
Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I personally think the original number was supposed to be 755/710 but after talking to a friend of mine who works in the industry, he is concerned that hitting the number with emission requirements is too difficult and I agree with him.

I'm saying 727.

Sponsored

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I think it's amazing that more people are in the 756+ region.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I think it's amazing that more people are in the 756+ region.
I think that would have been a fine number pre Demon/ZR1! Now the bar has been raised. Either you jump over it or not! This a horsepower WAR after all! Ford needs to fire both barrels on this one.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I think that would have been a fine number pre Demon/ZR1! Now the bar has been raised. Either you jump over it or not! This a horsepower WAR after all! Ford needs to fire both barrels on this one.
A real, good ole American V-8 horsepower war...in the 21st century, I mean come on man who would have thought we would see cars like this being produced?!
Back in the late 80s & early 90s we thought we had a hot set-up in a Fox-body with a K&N air filter (home-made ram-air,). 2 Chamber Flow Masters hooked up to short-tube or equal length headers. You really had a "fast car" if you installed the "E" or "B" 303 cam with the GT40 heads and intake.
My, my how we have progressed :ford:

Sponsored
OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Depends on the drive system components and type, auto or manual. A safe spot is 15% but could be 5% less. At 15% that comes out to 867 HP.

If the GT500 has the DCT that it seems to show in the brake rotor pic, my guess is 11% loss with the DCT.
For the longest time Bmac has been saying beast and he gave the vote to 801+. I believe him, but I worry what the final verdict will be when it comes to what will pass emissions etc. I hope they don't end up having to shed a bunch of HP. I remember the raptor in '16, NO numbers were given just a tad before the order banks open, like 2 weeks. I hope we get numbers next month not may :(

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
I'm going with 765-775. I saw somewhere that said this might be the same block used in the Cobrajet but detuned with the smaller blower, full street exhaust and such for emissions...Anyone know if there is any truth to this?
Another thought too is that Roush I believe is offering a "729" model for 2018 which I assume is using the 5.0. So unless there is a huge price difference for the Shelby I would think they would probably keep the HP numbers maybe 40-50HP higher so as to not knock the Roush out of the water...then again I could be completely wrong.....and hey, if it comes out anywhere over 750 I'll be preety pleased anyhow, 800 or over would be really bad azz....:cheers:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I'm going with 765-775. I saw somewhere that said this might be the same block used in the Cobrajet but detuned with the smaller blower, full street exhaust and such for emissions...Anyone know if there is any truth to this?
Another thought too is that Roush I believe is offering a "729" model for 2018 which I assume is using the 5.0. So unless there is a huge price difference for the Shelby I would think they would probably keep the HP numbers maybe 40-50HP higher so as to not knock the Roush out of the water...then again I could be completely wrong.....and hey, if it comes out anywhere over 750 I'll be preety pleased anyhow, 800 or over would be really bad azz....:cheers:
Over 800 would be worth the wait.

Sub 750 would only beg the question as to what the heck took so long.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
. I hope we get numbers next month not may :(
Whenever and wherever its revealed I, too, really hope they reveal at least the HP number at the same time. Whilst the GT500 won't be a one-trick pony, the HP number WILL be important.

One thing worth noting......there's a member of several GT350/GT500 Facebook pages who has proven to have very reliable information in the past.....he's indicated that it WILL appear in the "New Year", but not to expect it at Detroit or New York, reminding us that the GT350 was revealed at a "separate event", albeit one just the day before the LA Show. Make of that what you will.
Sponsored