Sponsored

Question Tegarding Clutch Spring

Jaws12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Quite a few people I know with GT350s have told me to order the Steeda Clutch Spring for my car.

My question is what are the benefits?

I find the clutch engagement and feel fine with stock spring.

I’m just trying to understand.
Sponsored

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Quite a few people I know with GT350s have told me to order the Steeda Clutch Spring for my car.

I find the clutch engagement and feel fine with stock SPRINGS.

Replaces 2 springs with 1. For me, I like the feel better (more linear, better engagement) with the Steeda spring. If you like it the way it is, leave it.

Krischapel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

It’s personal preference. If you are happy with the stock than no reason to change it out. I personally like the feel of the steeda spring. I was fine with the stock spring with the exception of going first to second gear. Never could get a smooth shift from 1st-2nd. Steeda spring is more linear, and I feel the engagement a bit better. It does make the clutch a pinch “heavier” but hardly a difference in that category. Was stuck in traffic for an hour and a half on Saturday, and the weight was negligible.

But like I said, in the end it’s user prefernce. I say pay the $20 and take the 5 mins to install it and test it out. If you don’t like it you can easily go back to stock.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I have the Steeda, I would do Steeda or no spring at all. The stock spring feels articulated and non linear. The cheapest and best mod is swapping out the stock spring

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

No need to change it for the sake of changing it. If you like it stock then you’re good to go.

Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
No need to change it for the sake of changing it. If you like it stock then you’re good to go.
I agree - if you like it and are used to it, don't change it.

I've driven stick shifts for 48 years and it drove me crazy. Couldn't be more pleased with changing it out.

wrh3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
One of the first/best/easy/cheapest mods (don't usually get to say those words in the same sentence).

Linear and much improved feel over the 2 stage OE spring.....but if you like OE, you'll be fine as long as you don't drive a care with the better spring :D But some people might not be able to tell a difference?

I went on a test drive with a friend and the clutch feel was a deal breaker for a him until he drove my car.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Do it because we told you to. Don't try to resist the peer pressures of this forum. Your car knows when you don't listen to us.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I actually know where the catch point is on the clutch now. However if the stocker works fine for you then don't fix what's not broken.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I prefer the stock spring. I bought the Steeda spring and tried it. Didn't like it.

However, it's such an easy and inexpensive mod, if you are curious at all I would recommend trying it and decide for yourself.

Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I pulled the stock spring and ran with no spring for 2000 miles before succumbing to the blah, blah, blah about the Steeda spring. What a waste of money. It's out and back to no spring and my left foot is very happy.

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
I pulled the stock spring and ran with no spring for 2000 miles before succumbing to the blah, blah, blah about the Steeda spring. What a waste of money. It's out and back to no spring and my left foot is very happy.
I have the Steeda spring. I haven't tried no spring at all. Can you tell me the difference between no spring and the Steeda? Thanks!

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Yeah that 20 bucks sure is a killer... :rolleyes:
Sponsored