Sponsored

Does 301A PP2 include Recaro seats?

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
pssss. The 1LE package includes Recaro's, a HUD, and track ready diff & trans coolers (and a better TREMEC manual transmission).

And it's $1500 cheaper on a 1SS verses a base GT.

Maybe Ford want's to stop making Mustang's too? Like the rest of their car lines.
I hope not...Gotta be one good looking pony car to pick from..I'll take less in the "this and that" department if it means they will continue to build the mustang.
Sponsored

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
pssss. The 1LE package includes Recaro's, a HUD, and track ready diff & trans coolers (and a better TREMEC manual transmission).

Maybe Ford want's to stop making Mustang's too? Like the rest of their car lines.
It really is a head scratcher since the 1LE package should have been the benchmark for the PP2. I guess Ford wants you to spend $15k (GT350) more than Chevy to get the same level of hardware. I would be all over a $45k PP2 with the coolers and Tremec.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2

pssss. If I could see out of the damn thing and I didn't feel like I was sitting in a Cavalier quality interior, I'd have been all over the one I test drove that they were trying to give away to me. I don't need coolers, but I do wish the Mustang had the Tremec.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I will confirm later today, but I'm pretty sure the Recaros (at least the cloth ones) are not power seats. That picture also shows the standard rear seats and I'm pretty sure the rear seats match the front Recaro cloth pattern.
Both cloth and leather Recaros are manual.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
pssss. If I could see out of the damn thing and I didn't feel like I was sitting in a Cavalier quality interior, I'd have been all over the one I test drove that they were trying to give away to me. I don't need coolers, but I do wish the Mustang had the Tremec.
They both suck compared to my STI in terms out of the view out. 5th Gen Camaro WAS terrible, 6th Gen is pretty similar to the Mustang (I am 6'4", maybe worse for short people). Interior is a mixed bag, somethings I like better in the Camaro, some I like better on the Mustang.

But my real point is when your competition offers A, B, C, & D for price x, you shouldn't offer just A & B for the same (or higher) price. The regular PP needs to go back to ~$2300, and as the PP2 doesn't include half of what is in the 1LE package, it needs to go to down to something like the current ~$4000 of the regular PP.

PS - forgot to mention the 1LE has 4 piston rear Brembos, and 2 piece front rotors also not in the PP2 package.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It really is a head scratcher since the 1LE package should have been the benchmark for the PP2. I guess Ford wants you to spend $15k (GT350) more than Chevy to get the same level of hardware. I would be all over a $45k PP2 with the coolers and Tremec.
Both the Coyote and the Voodoo are way higher level of equipment than the pushrod V8 in the Camaro.

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe
I like my 17 v6 seats. Ford do not provide 051A package for 2017... That`s too bad. And they do not let V6 get SYNC3, performance pack , Track handling pack and so more function.
Ford didn't provide the 051A package for the Coupe for 2017. They did provide it for the Convertible. Not much sense there.:doh:
Yeah, they didn't provide many options for the V6 in '17 because they had already decided that it would be gone in 2018. Sigh.:tsk:

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
They both suck compared to my STI in terms out of the view out. 5th Gen Camaro WAS terrible, 6th Gen is pretty similar to the Mustang (I am 6'4", maybe worse for short people). Interior is a mixed bag, somethings I like better in the Camaro, some I like better on the Mustang.

But my real point is when your competition offers A, B, C, & D for price x, you shouldn't offer just A & B for the same (or higher) price. The regular PP needs to go back to ~$2300, and as the PP2 doesn't include half of what is in the 1LE package, it needs to go to down to something like the current ~$4000 of the regular PP.

PS - forgot to mention the 1LE has 4 piston rear Brembos, and 2 piece front rotors also not in the PP2 package.

Not that you aren't correct on each point, but there's a reason the Mustang outsells the Camaro by a nice margin. It's called looks and drivability. I drove both. To me, the Mustang is just more fun to drive.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid

The 1LE is an amazing performer and a great value, that's for sure.

Yet for some reason, they just don't sell. Those "in the know" can use that to get a great deal, but GM really needs to address the livability shortcomings if they want the Camaro to really shine.

Since they already have a Corvette as a full-on sports car, they should have some leeway to make the Camaro a bit more practical and easier to see out of, which I think would really help their sales.

-T

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Here's a couple pics showing the cloth Recaros and the rear seats with the same fabric. The cloth Recaros are completely manual. There is a bar under the front of the seat to move the seat forward or backward. There is an adjustment lever on the side of the seat (driver's seat only) for raising and lowering the seat (like a pump action). Then you have the adjustment lever for tilting the seat back. The seats wrap you pretty well, you certainly don't move around in them at all. They seem to be a more accurate representation of a true Recaro racing seat than those found in the Camaro SS 1LE as there are actually slots for a five point if you would want to go that route.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
Sponsored