breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
[MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] and any other auto guys....Did your gear indication work right away? Trying to get rpitsing's gear display to work. If you could send me over your as built that would be helpful for me trying to decipher this one! Thanks.
Sponsored

Cxmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
finally got my swap done and everything situated. got rid of all the errors and stuff and it all seems to be working correctly... however the mycolor doesnt show up at all, so i have no way of changing the colors or anything. anyone have this issue and know what to do to reset it?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Download the newest version of the software from their website. They just updated it last week.

[MENTION=31814]Cxmoney[/MENTION] send your as built data as it is now.

338lm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
To anyone else with auto trans,
Do you see Launch Control in the menu (and are able to enable it), and it does absolutely nothing, right?

In addition to Adaptive Cruise Control, I've been able to activate "Distance Indication" in the menu, but I'm not 100% sure what it does, or if it actually works.

Sponsored

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Do you see Launch Control in the menu (and are able to enable it), and it does absolutely nothing, right?

In addition to Adaptive Cruise Control, I've been able to activate "Distance Indication" in the menu, but I'm not 100% sure what it does, or if it actually works.
Yeah 720-06-01 controls what shows up in those menu's including if you see launch control or not. It probably doesn't do anything but it may adjust the TC a little when you launch it depending on if the abs pump config is compatible. Otherwise it does nothing.

338lm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT

Distance Indication and Alert... that looks awful.

For all those times you find yourself staring at your dash instead of the car in front of you...
distance indication.PNG

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] and any other auto guys....Did your gear indication work right away? Trying to get rpitsing's gear display to work. If you could send me over your as built that would be helpful for me trying to decipher this one! Thanks.
Yes, my gear worked right away. I also had the indicator with the factory original cluster as AED and Lund were able to add it to my tunes where it showed a little gear indicator all the time for auto cars.

JTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost premium manual Oxford white
questions about cluster swap

first of all I'm glad that you've been able to make this swap possible and fairly easy to follow to all that are interested.

I have a 2015 mustang Ecoboost premium with MFT and 401a and a manual transmission. I read that if you have to clear check engine codes you must reprogram the module, is that only for the first time or is that every time a check engine light comes up? I guess what I'm asking is with a properly programmed gauge swap will I be able to clear check engine lights and switch aftermarket tunes like normal?

Also what becomes of voice control and the other changed buttons, is there still a way to access the voice control with the newer buttons or do the newer functions take over?

Thank you.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
first of all I'm glad that you've been able to make this swap possible and fairly easy to follow to all that are interested.

I have a 2015 mustang Ecoboost premium with MFT and 401a and a manual transmission. I read that if you have to clear check engine codes you must reprogram the module, is that only for the first time or is that every time a check engine light comes up? I guess what I'm asking is with a properly programmed gauge swap will I be able to clear check engine lights and switch aftermarket tunes like normal?

Also what becomes of voice control and the other changed buttons, is there still a way to access the voice control with the newer buttons or do the newer functions take over?

Thank you.
New buttons still have voice control. Its on the right side upper switch right hand button as you can see here:
IMG_1558.jpg

Clearing codes (check engine light) does not do anything to the programming of any modules. Putting a tune on the car or returning to stock does not impact it either.

Sponsored

JTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost premium manual Oxford white
Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't realize that all the steering wheel buttons changed. I thought it was only the bottom right set.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The cruise does not change unless you have adaptive cruise already.

Cxmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So today I drove my car to work. I noticed another issue I seem to be having after the swap. Now while I’m 4th gear(and this only happens in 4th), at exactly 3k rpm the car feels like a revlimiter engages and does not go any higher than that at all. It didn’t happen every time though. If I shift up to 5th and then back down to 4th, it’ll go past 3k no problem. But occasionally while in 4th gear hitting 3k it flats out and will no go above 3k at all.

So as of now I have having 3 issues that I know of that has happened after my swap.

1. None of the mycolor options work or are even present anywhere in the cluster settings. With my old cluster I could change the colors. But after the swap all the mycolors defaulted to the OEM ice blue color and the option to change them now is no where to be found.

2. I no longer have a line lock option. I’ve never used it, but I remember having the option for it in my old analog cluster. It is nowhere to be found in the new cluster. Not sure if I am missing anything else feature wise from the old cluster to new cluster. This is just what I’ve noticed off the top of my head so far

3. 4th gear 3k rpm revs occasionally flats out as described above. This has never happened before the cluster swap. Not sure why this happens now.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Problem. Installed SCCM and new steering wheel buttons. Pony button does not work, nor any of that sets of buttons, the only function i have that does work is where the Audio control buttons used to be, was i supposed to switch the audio and control wiring to the other side along with the buttons? It's a base 2018 SCCM? It is programmed according to the list.

After pulling it, it looks the same as my 2017, the 3 subs assemblies, 2 stalk switches and the center portion that plug into the steering wheel have the same part numbers on their little stickers. Either they sent the wrong part in the correct numbered box, of the base SCCM, doesn't make sense, it should still read the buttons. Think FORD made a mistake? Have to return it?
Sponsored

Last edited: