Sponsored

Boost and mt82 1/4 mile

Dream50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Ok guys lets here some times in the 1/4 mile with a stock block and a mt82. I know the 6r80's are the super fast times but don't see much on the stick side of things as much. What's it take to get in the mid 10's with a manual.
Sponsored

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Ok guys lets here some times in the 1/4 mile with a stock block and a mt82. I know the 6r80's are the super fast times but don't see much on the stick side of things as much. What's it take to get in the mid 10's with a manual.
Mid to low 10s on a KB 2.8 with 14psi with street radials. I gain on everyone in the back end but have a 1.9 to 2.0 60'. High nines are possible with bias ply slicks and playing with my launch.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Mid to low 10s on a KB 2.8 with 14psi with street radials. I gain on everyone in the back end but have a 1.9 to 2.0 60'. High nines are possible with bias ply slicks and playing with my launch.
Are you guessing or have you run it?

I have been 10.28 with slicks, 10.87 on the stock 235’s. Stage 2 Whipple, 3.375 and 3.5 pulley, stock whipple tune.

TOROz06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt
Im on this boat, I want to be on high 9’s and I’m not sure witch route to take Whipple or twin turbos

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Im on this boat, I want to be on high 9’s and I’m not sure witch route to take Whipple or twin turbos

With a stick? Not impossible, but it sure has been eluding me. There are two ways to do it, a stupid ton of power and walk it out, or just enough power and be super efficient and light. Either way will cost a bundle. Consistent 9's... Let me know how you do.

Sponsored

TOROz06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt
With a stick? Not impossible, but it sure has been eluding me. There are two ways to do it, a stupid ton of power and walk it out, or just enough power and be super efficient and light. Either way will cost a bundle. Consistent 9's... Let me know how you do.
Yes M6

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yes it can done,but how consistently??and how much shit is going to break even with upgraded parts.

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP

It is much harder than you think! I'm going to attempt the stupid power way and make it up on the back half! lol When the motor is done I will attempt a DR run and see what happens. lol

I never did a two step launch to see if you can hook it, that seems to be the hardest part for a big power stick car.

TOROz06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt
It is much harder than you think! I'm going to attempt the stupid power way and make it up on the back half! lol When the motor is done I will attempt a DR run and see what happens. lol

I never did a two step launch to see if you can hook it, that seems to be the hardest part for a big power stick car.

That is definitely the hardest part getting the launch correct but good wheel tires combo plus suspension and 2step should help making not as hard

Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Lethal ran 9.70s with a stock motor and mt82. Also the Panda runs 9s on stock motor and trans. A couple of the few out there.

Heres a thread i started some years ago about power adder manual cars. Unfortunately not a lot of people posted up.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33697

Both required around or over 150mph to do it... Stock motor might last a couple passes there, but you are talking 1,000hp... Again, not impossible, but def. not easy.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I did 11.3 at 138mph leaving at idle on the stock clutch, driveshaft and half shafts. If the clutch ever gives up I may throw all the upgrades that have been sitting in my garage for over a year now on and send it on some slicks.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium 6 speed
Which track did you do this on?

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
My best was 10.9 stock everything besides the Paxton on 91oct tune. With Hoosier leaving at 2500 rpm. Sucks I know but gotta get a clutch and e85
Sponsored