Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Thanks David, your tests go a long way to illustrating the 'Oil Cooler Issue'. In your opinion to eliminate the pulsating oil pressure would it be worth getting rid of the RHD Oil cooler setup when installing the Mishimoto kit, using something similar to the Ford Perf Remote Oil adapter kit M-6881-M50A & relocating the oil filter at the same time (This would require US spec engine brackets (BMR MM008))?

Thanks

Mick
The pulsation is not a problem if there is no oil cooler at this point.
In our opinion the simpler way is to remove the standard oil cooler and replace it with our by -pass manifold while installing the Mishimoto kit. Mishimoto has used Streetfighter to create a solution for RHD Mustangs. Our Streetfighter Oil Cooler package includes the Mishimoto kit and By-pass manifold.

The by-pass manifold is a robust design and removes all risk of any failures, while the cooling is enhanced by the rest of the kit. All stays in the original position with no need to relocate any of the oil filter assembly or replace engine mounts.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Would be great if you could convince Ford Australia to cover the cost of this conversion for all RHD Mustangs. Would be a lot cheaper for them than replacing full engines not too mention the Marketing advantage this would provide FORD for taking the precaution for its loyal customers.:ford:
I cannot see that happening at all as they had the chance to do something with the 2018 Mustang release.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
All stays in the original position with no need to relocate any of the oil filter assembly or replace engine mounts.
David I think MM777 is saying that some of us do WANT to relocate the filter to make changing it easier (but don't want to pay for oil lines that then get thrown in the bin when the remote filter is added)

I cannot see that happening at all as they had the chance to do something with the 2018 Mustang release.
Are you intending to test an 18? They may have fixed the issue by reducing/eliminating the oil pulsation.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Will this fit a UK RHD ?
Can this be monitored using an existing gauge ?

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Will this fit a UK RHD ?
Can this be monitored using an existing gauge ?
Yeah it's designed for all RHD Mustangs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Are you intending to test an 18? They may have fixed the issue by reducing/eliminating the oil pulsation.
Yes, we will testing in the next few days.

etbiru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yes, we will testing in the next few days.
David, the last time I changed the oil in my car I remember having difficulty installing the motorcraft oil filter that happens to be larger than the factory installed one.

My question is with this kit having the sandwich plate before the oil filter would this make mounting/installing the oil filter harder in a already tight space?

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do Streetfighter have any UK re-sellers or ship to the UK ?

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
David, the last time I changed the oil in my car I remember having difficulty installing the motorcraft oil filter that happens to be larger than the factory installed one.

My question is with this kit having the sandwich plate before the oil filter would this make mounting/installing the oil filter harder in a already tight space?
The oil filter us simply replaced with a smaller shorter unit. Removal and replacement becomes even easier than standard.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Do Streetfighter have any UK re-sellers or ship to the UK ?
We have supplied Nemisis in Bromsgrove previously. Give them a try. Alternatively you can contact me directly.

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
I didn't want to wait for the oil cooler to destroy my engine and leave me stranded in the middle of no where, so I had the street fighter kit installed by my service dept, ( not a job for the back yarder), Thanks to David for his advise.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Something i've been meaning to ask - Since you advertise an '"optional oil pressure and oil temp sensor bosses' which I believe then plugs into the Nguage since it's part of the 'complete kit', does that mean that we lose the built in engine temp that's in the dash, or do we lose any of the factory temperature/pressure readings for anything?

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
We have supplied Nemisis in Bromsgrove previously. Give them a try. Alternatively you can contact me directly.
I've dealt with Guy before, however he never responded to my last shopping list. I'll be in contact over the next few weeks, I've already got a ton of parts to fit, coming from Stackry.

Something i've been meaning to ask - Since you advertise an '"optional oil pressure and oil temp sensor bosses' which I believe then plugs into the Nguage since it's part of the 'complete kit', does that mean that we lose the built in engine temp that's in the dash, or do we lose any of the factory temperature/pressure readings for anything?
This is what I was wondering too but never got an answer.

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
No. No factory options are lost at all.
Rather, we have provided the extra bosses within our kit should you want to fit the extra sensors.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.