Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
What the hell, does the oil line feed into the windshield washer nozzles or something lmao
Sponsored

pbrmeasap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R & 2016 Charger SRT392
So much for this pertaining to earlier production models. Picked up my 2018 R a week ago from out-of-area dealer and had the less than wonderful experience of an oil cooler line failure while driving home on the interstate. It began during driving rainstorm so did not realize that oil was leaking until had stopped raining and saw that smoke was pouring out the rear. Upon stopping saw that puddle was quick forming underneath the vehicle and oil was burning on the engine block. Couldn't tell what exactly had failed but seemed to be near the front left, which has turned out to be the oil cooler line.
Needless to say, extremely frustrating to have to deal with this and the fact that the entire underside and rear bumper, trunk lid, etc. was just covered in oil. Doesn't seem to be any motor damage, no doubt due to the 10 quart capacity and deep pick up.

Again, just extremely disappointing that this continues to be an ongoing issue that has clearly not been fully resolved.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
So much for this pertaining to earlier production models. Picked up my 2018 R a week ago from out-of-area dealer and had the less than wonderful experience of an oil cooler line failure while driving home on the interstate. It began during driving rainstorm so did not realize that oil was leaking until had stopped raining and saw that smoke was pouring out the rear. Upon stopping saw that puddle was quick forming underneath the vehicle and oil was burning on the engine block. Couldn't tell what exactly had failed but seemed to be near the front left, which has turned out to be the oil cooler line.
Needless to say, extremely frustrating to have to deal with this and the fact that the entire underside and rear bumper, trunk lid, etc. was just covered in oil. Doesn't seem to be any motor damage, no doubt due to the 10 quart capacity and deep pick up.

Again, just extremely disappointing that this continues to be an ongoing issue that has clearly not been fully resolved.
ford recently released an SSM for the orings for the oil cooler adaptor, which is diffrent than the hose recall. still, sucks it happend.

SSM 47364 - 2015-2018 Mustang GT350 - Engine Oil Leak From Oil Filter Adapter Or Oil Cooler
Some 2015-2018 Mustang GT350s may exhibit an engine oil leak that appears to be originating from the oil filter adapter or oil cooler. If the leak appears to be originating from the oil cooler, be aware that the leak may actually be originating from the oil filter adapter, and oil may run down the oil cooler tubes and drip off of the cooler, making it appear that the leak is originating from the oil cooler. If the true source of the leak is caused by a damaged O-ring where the oil cooler tubes meet the oil filter adapter, be aware that these O-rings are now available as a separate service part from the oil cooler tubes. Replacement O-rings can be ordered using part number FR3Z-00815-A. For claiming, use causal part 6B850 and applicable labor operations in Section 6 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

Last edited:

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
This is the first one I've read or heard about since the recall. Sorry

FastLap57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
FRANK
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350 LARIAT 4x4
If the tubes have been replaced by the Service Bulletin as mine have wouldn't that also correct the O-Ring problem........

Sponsored

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R (HR815) + 23' Rivian R1S
Vehicle Showcase

Sorry to hear that. What a nightmare.

Can you please elaborate how you took care of the problem on the road and eventually got the car home?

This is the nightmare scenario I have rattling around my head if I were to drive a car home from an out of state purchase.

AeschyA

JR195
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2013 JKR10A
This is the nightmare scenario I have rattling around my head if I were to drive a car home from an out of state purchase.
I drove mine back about 550 miles from an out of state dealer, and it was the most enjoyable 550 miles I have ever driven. (It also might have been the quickest 550 miles I have ever driven, but that was not intentional ... it just sort of happened).

Cannot let the "what ifs" in life paralyze you - you miss out on all the fun ;)

ronaldwalter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby
I also purchased my 18 out of state and drove 2000 miles in 2 1/2 days home with no problems. Checked oil level every morning and the level was full.
Best drive I’ve ever had.

QUOTE=BadKarma!;2302018]Sorry to hear that. What a nightmare.

Can you please elaborate how you took care of the problem on the road and eventually got the car home?

This is the nightmare scenario I have rattling around my head if I were to drive a car home from an out of state purchase.[/QUOTE]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350 | 1966 A-Code fastback
Drove mine home from Texas to LA, I agree with Ronald. Don't let that worry stop you from doing it. Was an awesome experience!
Sponsored