Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
Just for a clarification does the price increase or not the longer you wait to buy ESP?
Sponsored

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
I don’t know. I complained to Ford because my window sticker said satellite radio but my car didn’t have it and they gave me the extended service plan.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just for a clarification does the price increase or not the longer you wait to buy ESP?
If I recall, with any aftermarket or manufacturer extended warranty plan, the price will cost more after the vehicle is out of its initial bumper to bumper warranty period AND is also based on total accrued miles. So the more miles racked up on the vehicle, the higher the cost for an extended plan.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If I recall, with any aftermarket or manufacturer extended warranty plan, the price will cost more after the vehicle is out of its initial bumper to bumper warranty period AND is also based on total accrued miles. So the more miles racked up on the vehicle, the higher the cost for an extended plan.
FYI ... you can't buy Ford's genuine extended warranty once the vehicle is outside the original factory warranty (time or mileage). Here's the message you'll get on Flood Ford's site when trying to buy when the vehicle's factory warranty has expired. You'd have to buy a 3rd party warranty in that case.

So if anyone wants the Ford extended warranty be sure to buy it BEFORE your factory warranty expires.
Capture.JPG

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
FYI ... you can't buy Ford's genuine extended warranty once the vehicle is outside the original factory warranty (time or mileage). Here's the message you'll get on Flood Ford's site when trying to buy when the vehicle's factory warranty has expired. You'd have to buy a 3rd party warranty in that case.

So if anyone wants the Ford extended warranty be sure to buy it BEFORE your factory warranty expires.
Sitting at ~35,100 miles right now. My nose might be playing tricks on me, because I started smelling that characteristic musty smell right before you lose the refrigerant.

Would be a damn shame since I haven't used the AC much since the evaporator was replaced. Guess I need to get my ass moving and get an extended warranty, even if I don't really want to. I shouldn't have to pay so much for ford's ineptness to get a working solution in these cars.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

You may be only half right. It also says to visit a Ford dealer if the car isn't still under warranty. I read (I think on a Ford site), that you can buy after the factory warranty expires but only after a Ford dealer gives it a full inspection to make sure the car doesn't have any problems covered by the warranty. So a web site like that couldn't sell a policy for an out of warranty car.

Even if I'm right, its still a bad idea to wait because you would be at the mercy of a local dealer who knows you can't really price shop. Plus I suspect the plan would be more expensive after factory warranty because "they can" and also someone has to pay the dealer for that inspection.

fury88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GT Premium Convertible - Legend Lime
Welp brand new 2018 Orange Fury and my A/C was crapped from day one. Thought maybe they just forgot to fill it with coolant. Got it filled 6 weeks ago and but don't know how long it lasted. Been too cold to use it. Turned it on late last week and it's out again. Dealer mentioned something about a bulletin on Evaporator core. I said to myself this can't be good. Grrrr. Not happy to find this thread. It goes back in tomorrow for them to likely replace this. I don't even have 1500 miles on the darn thing!!!!!

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Welp brand new 2018 Orange Fury and my A/C was crapped from day one. Thought maybe they just forgot to fill it with coolant. Got it filled 6 weeks ago and but don't know how long it lasted. Been too cold to use it. Turned it on late last week and it's out again. Dealer mentioned something about a bulletin on Evaporator core. I said to myself this can't be good. Grrrr. Not happy to find this thread. It goes back in tomorrow for them to likely replace this. I don't even have 1500 miles on the darn thing!!!!!
I think you'd be the first 2018 owner to report this. Wonder if they used the same core as 2015-17.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Geeze. How friggin hard is to design a evap core that can last? Glad they don't make any aircraft parts. I seriously hope your's is a fluke.

fury88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know, right! I'm now seriously considering the extended warranty from Flood Ford. It's not bad and if the A/C is going to have problems it might be worth the peace of mind.

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know, right! I'm now seriously considering the extended warranty from Flood Ford. It's not bad and if the A/C is going to have problems it might be worth the peace of mind.
I printed out the warranty quote from Flood, and took it to my local dealer who matched it to the penny. I told them politely that I am buying the ESP today, either from Flood, or you, but I am buying it today at THAT price.

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
I printed out the warranty quote from Flood, and took it to my local dealer who matched it to the penny. I told them politely that I am buying the ESP today, either from Flood, or you, but I am buying it today at THAT price.
Question: Whats the difference between buying the ESP from Flood vs the dealer? I am interested in purchasing it through Flood Ford but I keep seeing folks going to the dealer to match the price.

Thanks

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question: Whats the difference between buying the ESP from Flood vs the dealer? I am interested in purchasing it through Flood Ford but I keep seeing folks going to the dealer to match the price.

Thanks
It's the same warranty, from the same folks (Ford) The only difference is how much you may pay for it.

fury88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good call. I considered checking with them so I should do that.

Stig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
to be traded for 2015 GT premium (just ordered)
I just joined the leaking evaporator coil club. In Mar 2017 I had a leak in my refrigerant line and one year later I now have a leak in the evaporator coil. Last years repairs cost 680.00 and now I’m told to replace the evaporator coil it will be $1695.00 for parts and labor. This is insane. This is the first vehicle I have owned that has had AC issues.
Sponsored