Sponsored

Accidentally shifted in to 1st while going 50 mph

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
I was wondering the same thing. At 50 mph, I didn't think it would drop into 1st, without force and a corresponding grind or clunk.
If you're doing spirited driving you probably wouldn't notice that you're applying that force. My friend money shifted like 3 times when he had his EB, from the top of 3rd gear to 2nd instead of 4th. Car didn't explode, but the little wrench icon came on (assuming it's limp mode) until he turned it off and on again. Car was fine overall though by some miracle.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
For some reason I haven't been able to get smooth shifts in to 3rd in this car unless I'm really gunning it
Check out the Steeda trans bushing.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
How many miles on car? My MT 82 shifts a lot better after 13K miles than it did at 10 miles. Maybe the rough shifts are just it needing to break in.

Beyond that, change the trans fluid to something like BG.

And beyond that, maybe you're just not rowing like you should. I find that every new or different transmission I shift needs to be shifted a little differently. They all have their quirks.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
That largest benefit to an aftermarket shifter is the stronger centering spring that helps you hit 3rd and 4th easier.

Sponsored

GTF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Race Red
If you're doing spirited driving you probably wouldn't notice that you're applying that force. My friend money shifted like 3 times when he had his EB, from the top of 3rd gear to 2nd instead of 4th. Car didn't explode, but the little wrench icon came on (assuming it's limp mode) until he turned it off and on again. Car was fine overall though by some miracle.

A week a go I had the scariest moment of my life. I have been doing track days
for the last 10 years and mainly at RoadAtlanta. I was at the Just track it Event on 3/9/2018 and noticed after 20 mins in the session that shifting was getting more difficult... and coming down Turn 12 where the car feels in the air for a moment when shifting from 3rd to 4th my rears locked up and the car started violent spin that I thought I was going to do like unlimited circles. Thanks to God! my reaction was so quickly that I clutch in in milliseconds, shift and could control the car on the drift and then continue the lap.
I have never mis shifted from 3 to 2, still don't know if I put second gear or what but I continued my last session and have driven the car 1000 miles after that ( just did a trip to TN) and so far no issues.
Sponsored