Sponsored

You CAN log boost via your sct x4

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
What's the matter with the boost pressure display in the gauge function of the X4. When I datalog with the X4 I get the boost pressure there too. It is the same signal on the CAN bus the ECU used to control boost.
The non-ecoboost models don't read boost, since they don't come with boost.
Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
The non-ecoboost models don't read boost, since they don't come with boost.
Did you get yours setup yet. it is really easy and all you need is a firewire cable, 3 Bar map sensor and plug, and some vacuum line with a tee. The firewire connects to the SCT x4 and then you use three wires from the firewire to get 5 volt, ground and signal wire. I bought the SCT firewire that had bare wires on one end and a plug on the other. If I were to do it again i would but a generic 10 foot firewire and cut the end of it off. I had to add wire to the SCT version.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Did you get yours setup yet. it is really easy and all you need is a firewire cable, 3 Bar map sensor and plug, and some vacuum line with a tee. The firewire connects to the SCT x4 and then you use three wires from the firewire to get 5 volt, ground and signal wire. I bought the SCT firewire that had bare wires on one end and a plug on the other. If I were to do it again i would but a generic 10 foot firewire and cut the end of it off. I had to add wire to the SCT version.
Not yet. I haven't even had time to look at and order the parts yet.

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You can do the same thing with the analogue 1 or 2 input on your nGauge

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
What sensor did you end up with? Just a generic 3 bar or did you spring for a GM one?

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I bought the cheap one on ebay for 13 bucks but I ended up buying the AC Delco one off rock auto for 82. The plug that came with the ebay sensor worked but I had to modify it slightly. Some have had good luck with the cheap sensors though. I noticed there was one on amazon for 20 that had good reviews. Either way it is great to be able to log boost for 100 bucks or less. I also setup my SCT where I can log one run without having the laptop hooked up which saves time at the strip.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Yeah I usually log without my laptop as well. I wish the SCT was like my old Cobb Accessport I had on my Subaru. It would keep storing logs as you make them on the device, instead of one at a time.

Aussie-up-north

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
Anyone no the correct formula for a AEM 150psig for oil pressure on the SCT x4 and also have it read PSI.

I’m going crazy.
Sponsored