Sponsored

New member plus AT vs Manual for Ecoboom

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
You can find all that info in past threads, I'm not inputting more because it leads to name calling, speculation and crap talking on this website and there is no definitive proof of one thing or another...I'm over it...

Maggneto - See? 40 miles past fill up

Witchhunting
Not sure why you call me a witch hunter when I am the one defending against the which hunters, aka the Valencia engine defect or Spanish engine only peeps.

When you fill up with gas normally there are about 2 gallons left in the tank, about 40 miles before the new gas is consumed, more or less.
Sponsored

kert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
Why does the user manual suggest shifting into 6th at 50 mph on a base model? That's only 1500 rpm lol. I don't think a single ecoboost on this forum failed from LSPI. All of them are also Spain build engines, no Cleveland's yet (sure there will be one at some point if enough power is pushed).

Ite all related to tuning and likely for fatigue from pushing too much power. One was a factory defect (cam bolt), rest were tuned poorly.
1500RPM and 6th gear isn't necessarily a problem. It's when you decide you want to accelerate quickly and you now have 20lbs of boost that you create the LSPI conditions. The owner's manual is giving recommendations for best fuel economy which also requires gentle acceleration.

OP
OP
Ecoboobs

Ecoboobs

RAINF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP (Poverty Pack) 2.3T A/T
You can find all that info in past threads, I'm not inputting more because it leads to name calling, speculation and crap talking on this website and there is no definitive proof of one thing or another...I'm over it...

Maggneto - See? 40 miles past fill up

Witchhunting

No worries man. Thanks for chiming in anyways and I'll do some more searching. Good info that there are confirmed x2 A/T that have blown.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With Woodstock engine build plant confirmation that brings the total number of confirmed Cleveland failures to 4 out of 6 that I am aware of this year. Just trying to keep it honest

Sponsored

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
I'll tell you after my cobb arrives :p

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Don't quote me but they are on the 5th generation + of this block so hopefully thats all solved.....

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't quote me but they are on the 5th generation + of this block so hopefully thats all solved.....
I have heard this as well but I would like to hear from a few professional engine builders on the significance of the block build versions. Is it normal for manufacturers to update engine blocks in the same manner? If the blocks are defective and require an update why hasn't anyone provided some evidence of faulty blocks? What is different about them?

I find it difficult to believe there is any significant design differences between the versions. Any change in design would require significant time to test the changes.
ftsl24dds6fdiv7foyhi.jpg
Sponsored