Sponsored

New R to your spec at 5K over

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Since we are taking about Rs. I always wondered... Is the trunk naked in like there is no liner on the sides or floor (of the trunk)?
Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It was a track pack or base R for me but I could not find one.

This deal is very good, hopefully someone takes advantage of it.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
why the urgency to close the deal in one day ? It is not the last day to place an order for a GT350 R , or is it ?

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
It was a track pack or base R for me but I could not find one.

This deal is very good, hopefully someone takes advantage of it.
Same for me. But I had my heart set on the Track Pack in DIB. For my daily use, the R is only for bragging rights (same with the new GT500). While I'd take an R if it fell into my lap, I've no intention of seeking one out. The Track Pack is perfect for my needs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Folks, the way I see it the car is now spoken for. Thanks for everybody's interest.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Still a quick turn time.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
So for a base, you'd have to find one that was ordered that way but not spoken for...damn. Good luck with that.
Yes, as you mentioned good luck with that.

I could be totally off base but I would suggest that there will be less than 30 Base R models built for the 2018MY with most of them probably already spoken for.

It is my understanding that Canada will only get 2 Base R's for 2018 with both cars being spoken for.

Typically Canada gets 10% to 12% of the total production numbers for the U.S. market so if that holds true in this case it is easy to do the math regarding the number of Base R's for America.

For me the reasons of owning a Base R model are very simple.

I grew up in the Muscle Car era of the 60's and early 70's and during that time anyone who wanted the purist and lightest weight cars back then purchased Galaxies, Polara's, 442's (W30's), Coronets, Savoy's with radio delete, AC delete, no sound deadner and many other light weight components.

That formula excited me tremendously back then and still does now and has stayed with me for the last 50 years so when the new generation Base R's became available I could not order one fast enough.

Every time I sit in the drivers seat, put my car in Sport Mode and look at the radio delete plate in my R it takes me back to my youth and produces a big smile so it doesn't get any better than that.

Lastly, if we look back at the original 36 R models produced by SA back in 1965 the formula for the original R's was also based on as few feature comforts as possible and suggest that Carroll and his team would certainly approve of the way Ford has built these new generation Base cars with me being one of Ford's biggest fans of these base cars..

To own one of these Base R models built over the last 5 years is a real privilege and an honor and with only ~150 cars built during that time it only makes owing one of these cars that much more special.

:ford:

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
why the urgency to close the deal in one day ? It is not the last day to place an order for a GT350 R , or is it ?
Sorry, I missed the question. I believe it was a last min allocation that was unspoken for (I'm not exactly sure, but it doesn't matter). The order had to be placed yesterday and a color picked out. That was the rush. Just as I figured the buyer was able to change the color once a deposit was put down this morning. For what I hear, this car will be built very soon and there shouldn't be much of a wait (another bonus).

The buyer hasn't chimed in here, so I won't name him. If he wishes to make himself known, I'm sure he will do that on his own terms.

A great car and a very good deal. I'm glad it went to someone on this forum.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I grew up in the Muscle Car era of the 60's and early 70's and during that time anyone who wanted the purist and lightest weight cars back then purchased Galaxies, Polara's, 442's (W30's), Coronets, Savoy's with radio delete, AC delete, no sound deadner and many other light weight components.
There were some others out there. While I didn't grow up during the musclecar era, they were still relatively cheap and easy to find when I started driving. My first car was a '67 SS Chevelle. 375HP/396, 4 speed and posi. Mountain Green. No other options. Even had radio and heater delete. Miss that car something fierce. It was quite the adventure with no power steering or brakes.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
There were some others out there. While I didn't grow up during the musclecar era, they were still relatively cheap and easy to find when I started driving. My first car was a '67 SS Chevelle. 375HP/396, 4 speed and posi. Mountain Green. No other options. Even had radio and heater delete. Miss that car something fierce. It was quite the adventure with no power steering or brakes.
Your L78 Chevelle SS was a bad dude back in 1967 and coming with a radio and heater delete your car was ordered for one reason only and that was to either street race and/or for an NHRA/AHRA track.

Of course the L78 cars in '67 could not be ordered with an automatic transmission and only came with a 4 speed tranny.

What a great car and can see why you miss it!

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Congrats to the new owner. I'm happy with my lil 350. Its more car than I can ever drive up to. IE I will never take it to it's fullest potential. I could only imagine the R. The only reason I would have it is to just say I have a R.

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Lastly, if we look back at the original 36 R models produced by SA back in 1965 the formula for the original R's was also based on as few feature comforts as possible
Actually, the 1965 R models were race cars. Totally stripped. Shortened, plexiglass rear window, louvers removed, double size fuel tank with quick fill, uprated engine, etc. The 1965 street cars were, IMHO (having owned one), very much like our current R cars - especially the base cars, as you point out. With the R, Ford really did capture the essence of the first year GT350.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Hey BoostinFD....I hear ya.....doesn’t make sense to me either.....:D
If I had a choice, seeing where I live and how I drive my car (windows down,
no radio), a base R would make more sense. But I didn’t spec my car as it was a dealer spec’d inbound car.
Sponsored