NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

DJH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Just tried to install the official 3.0 update. Got the message saying, "system is up to date". I'm currently on 3.0 build 17194. Anybody else have this problem?
Same for me. I believe the options are to downgrade to 2.2/2.3 then upgrade to the official version, or to wait for six or seven years for version 3.1 to arrive.

I do have the files and instructions to downgrade, but everything is working fine at the moment, so I’ll probably leave things alone for now.

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato

Sponsored

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
I installed 3.0 build 18025 over 3.0 build 17126 with no problems at all.

My install only replaced the core operating version, and nothing else - maybe this is why I was able to update where some of you can't?

The file JR3T-14G381-AL.tar.gz is the core file, the other two are tiny files - one of which creates the XML install report which can be uploaded to Ford if you want to. Not sure what the 2nd small file does.

; Gen 3 - Assembly Update - 3.0.18025

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-TCB
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TCB.tar.gz
Item2 = JR3T-14G381-AL
Open2 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AL.tar.gz
Item3 = GB5T-14G386-AA
Open3 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz
Options = Delay,AutoInstall

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I installed 3.0 build 18025 over 3.0 build 17126 with no problems at all.

My install only replaced the core operating version, and nothing else - maybe this is why I was able to update where some of you can't?

The file JR3T-14G381-AL.tar.gz is the core file, the other two are tiny files - one of which creates the XML install report which can be uploaded to Ford if you want to. Not sure what the 2nd small file does.

; Gen 3 - Assembly Update - 3.0.18025

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-TCB
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TCB.tar.gz
Item2 = JR3T-14G381-AL
Open2 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AL.tar.gz
Item3 = GB5T-14G386-AA
Open3 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz
Options = Delay,AutoInstall
One reason some want to use the official 18025 is that it has 8 files (see autoinstall below), at least the 2016 with NAV version does. The leaked 18025 I installed before just had 3. Later someone posted installs with a few more files. But even those files are newer in the official download I got from owners.ford.com

; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.0.13 - Only for Nav/NA assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025_PRODUCT]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-THA
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-THA.tar.gz
Item2 = HB5T-14G386-TCB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TCB.tar.gz
Item3 = HB5T-14G386-AHH
Open3 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-AHH.tar.gz
Item4 = JR3T-14G391-CD
Open4 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G391-CD.tar.gz
Item5 = JR3T-14G381-AL
Open5 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AL.tar.gz
Item6 = JR3T-14G423-CA
Open6 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G423-CA.tar.gz
Item7 = HB5T-14G387-AAB
Open7 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G387-AAB.tar.gz
Item8 = GB5T-14G386-AA
Open8 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
One reason some want to use the official 18025 is that it has 8 files (see autoinstall below), at least the 2016 with NAV version does. The leaked 18025 I installed before just had 3. Later someone posted installs with a few more files. But even those files are newer in the official download I got from owners.ford.com
the breakdown of that goes like this: if you've done the previous unofficial 3.0.17276 they already came with the files that come in the official 18025, which are gracenotes and voice files, some other small files in there are about checksum, generate xml, check if its nav, etc,.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
the breakdown of that goes like this: if you've done the previous unofficial 3.0.17276 they already came with the files that come in the official 18025, which are gracenotes and voice files, some other small files in there are about checksum, generate xml, check if its nav, etc,.
soooooo, we not missing much if we on the unofficial 18025?

Sponsored

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
How I went from 17194 to 18025 WITH NAVIGATION

I am doing this on a Mac, so here are a few hints that will help you along:
-Do NOT have your ZIP files open after downloading, in Safari- Safari>Preferences>General Tab>Open "safe" files after downloading (you do NOT want that box checked)

-Format your Memory Stick BEFORE you load files: Disk Utility>Select your External Drive>Click Erase (at top)>Select ExFAT

I had to find 2.2 NAV VERSION and "downgrade" my system, I was able to find it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bkfl9fc07ymc5z/SYNC3%20NAV%20V1%20TO%20V22.zip?dl=0

***I am told this is the NON-NAV Version of 2.2 but I did NOT download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YcDQzAaaVbvAnCH-PkzeGA2rsAXNBmfD/view ***

When you open this ZIP file you want to load autoinstall.lst and SyncMyRide Folder (this has sub files). The ZIP file has a "read me" file so take a look at that.

Plug USB into car and across the top of the screen it read "Updating System Software..." Let it do it's thing until it prompts you to remove the USB
After install I had to shut the car down for a little, I even locked the door to get the system to shut down.

Started up and checked, it was 2.2

When that was completed I formatted the USB again and loaded the Official Ford Update per the instructions on the Ford site.

A few things I noticed:
-It will tell you the install is complete....wait....its NOT done....the screen will cycle off but your music will keep playing..."Updating System Software..." will be displayed again.
-You will get a prompt to remove USB that is when its really done
-I had to cycle the car off to get the system to show an update from 2.2
-When I first started up in 3.0 my 911 was lost, the car played that message over the speakers.
-I now had a setting for seats, and the driver seat had a selection for "massage" nothing worked when I attempted to use this feature. Phone was inside so I didn't get a photo. Maybe someone else can?
-Each tab alone the bottom was its own color, radio was RED, Climate was BLUE, Settings was Purple....strange
-Also in this initial start up my navigation was lost, didn't even have the tab at the bottom
-Cycle off....Ford logo appeared and not the Mustang Logo
-Cycle on (2nd time) Mustang logo appeared and lost the seat massage option (didn't work anyway) and gained navigation back, 911 still missing.

I fooled with it a little more but things seem to be okay besides losing my 911

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How I went from 17194 to 18025 WITH NAVIGATION

I am doing this on a Mac, so here are a few hints that will help you along:
-Do NOT have your ZIP files open after downloading, in Safari- Safari>Preferences>General Tab>Open "safe" files after downloading (you do NOT want that box checked)

-Format your Memory Stick BEFORE you load files: Disk Utility>Select your External Drive>Click Erase (at top)>Select ExFAT

I had to find 2.2 NAV VERSION and "downgrade" my system, I was able to find it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bkfl9fc07ymc5z/SYNC3%20NAV%20V1%20TO%20V22.zip?dl=0

I am told this is the NON-NAV Version of 2.2 but I did NOT download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YcDQzAaaVbvAnCH-PkzeGA2rsAXNBmfD/view

When you open this ZIP file you want to load autoinstall.lst and SyncMyRide Folder (this has sub files). The ZIP file has a "read me" file so take a look at that.

Plug USB into car and across the top of the screen it read "Updating System Software..." Let it do it's thing until it prompts you to remove the USB
After install I had to shut the car down for a little, I even locked the door to get the system to shut down.

Started up and checked, it was 2.2

When that was completed I formatted the USB again and loaded the Official Ford Update per the instructions on the Ford site.

A few things I noticed:
-It will tell you the install is complete....wait....its NOT done....the screen will cycle off but your music will keep playing..."Updating System Software..." will be displayed again.
-You will get a prompt to remove USB that is when its really done
-I had to cycle the car off to get the system to show an update from 2.2
-When I first started up in 3.0 my 911 was lost, the car played that message over the speakers.
-I now had a setting for seats, and the driver seat had a selection for "massage" nothing worked when I attempted to use this feature. Phone was inside so I didn't get a photo. Maybe someone else can?
-Each tab alone the bottom was its own color, radio was RED, Climate was BLUE, Settings was Purple....strange
-Also in this initial start up my navigation was lost, didn't even have the tab at the bottom
-Cycle off....Ford logo appeared and not the Mustang Logo
-Cycle on (2nd time) Mustang logo appeared and lost the seat massage option (didn't work anyway) and gained navigation back, 911 still missing.

I fooled with it a little more but things seem to be okay besides losing my 911

Hope this helps.
Sounds like the 2.2 file you have will work with 2017 Mustangs. I wonder if it will work with 2016 Mustang too? I remember reading somewhere that the files were different in those old versions :shrug:

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
Sounds like the 2.2 file you have will work with 2017 Mustangs. I wonder if it will work with 2016 Mustang too? I remember reading somewhere that the files were different in those old versions :shrug:
I didn't even know that was a thing. The guy that provided the link claims that it worked on his 2016 with NAV.....wasn't a Mustang.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
2. Now you can rewind the song by moving the slider (free rewind, for mp3 files)
Made me check. WMA files, too.

This is something I missed. One of those things you just expect and when it's not there, you wonder why. Like my ATS that skips to a random song instead of the previous one if you hit back in shuffle mode.
Sponsored