Sponsored

2018 GT Orange Fury paint problems??

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
I purchased the car on 1/19/18 and didn't notice this until today while I was cleaning the car. There are two bubbles in the paint. (See attachment) This is the bottom edge of the passenger side door.

Is this rust? Should I have Ford dealerships fix this or am I better of having a reputable body shop paint the door and blend it? From all the threads I have read, it seems the dealership messes up things more than helping it look good.

I am truly sad to see this happen to a car with less than 2 months of ownership.
image1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Take it in ASAP. That is not normal

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I'd give the dealership chance to make it right. I'd also be inclined to go over the entire car and check for any other paint issues.

OP
OP
gmupatriot

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Sad to see this happen but I really hope the dealership can make it right.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
My 16 had factory paint issues. It looked like granules of sand in the paint.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It really perplexes me as to why this stuff has been going on for years.

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
For some reason Ford likes to apply the paint outside in the open. All of the mustangs I owned had dirt under the paint including the Shelby. Body panel gaps specially rear bumper on all of them. Ford sucks on quality control.

OP
OP
gmupatriot

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It really perplexes me as to why this stuff has been going on for years.
I cannot understand this either. I had many of the popular 4 door sedans (Camry, Altima, Accord, Buick Regal, Corolla, Infiniti G37) and none of those cars had issues that my brand new 2018 GT is experiencing. This car's MSRP is 47K approx and considering I was not expecting these issues. Its not only paint thats bad (there is a spot about 4in x 4inch towards the front of the hood that has its clear coat missing) but I cannot change the interior ambient light to this one color that I prefer and the intake pipe is misaligned and causes a kink in the flexible rubber pipe. I mean that's ridiculous as I have had cars that had MSRP half of the Mustang GT and none of these issues were present or experienced.

Anyhow, I will get this resolved and continue enjoying this beautiful V8.

Last edited:

Dave2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1
Ford quality control is total garbage. Someone had to have seen that!

OP
OP
gmupatriot

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For some reason Ford likes to apply the paint outside in the open. All of the mustangs I owned had dirt under the paint including the Shelby. Body panel gaps specially rear bumper on all of them. Ford sucks on quality control.
Ford quality control is total garbage. Someone had to have seen that!
I am truly sad to hear that Ford cannot get their sh*t together :/. I love the Mustang and the iconic image it holds in American history but corporate greed seems to win over :frusty:

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I am truly sad to hear that Ford cannot get their sh*t together :/. I love the Mustang and the iconic image it holds in American history but corporate greed seems to win over :frusty:
My paint is yellowing hardcore on all the composite body panels. Turning a cream color against the white :(. Ford has horrible QC. Another great example of poor QC was that my starter came from the factory bolted on finger tight and one morning jammed itself against the flywheel. Posted here and some other guy checked his and it was just finger tight too. I've found and fixed all kinds of other smaller stupid stuff since I've taken it almost completely apart a few times now.

Overall I think you get what you pay for. Fast, good, cheap, pick two. This car is fast and cheap. A porsche 911 is fast and good. A toyota camry is good and cheap. You're getting 10-20 year old supercar performance from the factory for under $40k for a base PP GT. That's a lot of car for cheap.
Sponsored