Sponsored

JMP Twin Turbo and the Procharger

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
So here is the BLUF:

Moved to Germany and stored the Stang back in good ole USA till I return. I am about to embark on a project build. During my time here I will be collecting parts and saving funds for the eventual culmination of the Procharger or JMP Twin Turbo. I dropped my original idea of a custom 3.5 conversion using the super six kit. So really this is a community feeler for all to drop opinions on what they think is the best option per the two choices. Goal is 500whp. Eventually when I start this in earnest and figure out my build sheet I will start a thread for us 3.7ers to follow and give opinions as it comes along. But that is a bit off at this point.

Alright bring it! Oh and please let's talk supporting mods with this FI build.
Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
For the longest time I wanted to do the supersix kit but reading about it makes me want the jmp kit more. I think I read somewhere that a basic twin turbo kit is cheaper than prochager. Since I mostly like cruising and corners jmp might be better for me. My goal is just more torque. I'd be happy with 350ish ft-lbs to the rears. But we'll see where I end up and I still have 11 months of warranty left.

As for supporting mods, if I were to just get one it would be an aluminum driveshaft.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'd make sure you upgrade the brakes too, nice to go fast but want to make sure you're able to stop at the same time. Maybe the vertical links and control arms to make sure the power gets put down.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
I'd make sure you upgrade the brakes too, nice to go fast but want to make sure you're able to stop at the same time. Maybe the vertical links and control arms to make sure the power gets put down.
Although they aren't the best, the V6 comes from the factory with well equipped brakes. I haven't had any issues with braking, even with my 3.5 turbos...

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Well let me list what is already done suspension wise:

-Lockout Kit (BMR)

-Shocks and Struts (Steeda)

-performance lowering springs (Vogtland)

-Toe links (PP ford)

-Billet Aluminium Performance Vertical links

-Full strut brace package (Ford cowl brace, strut tower, etc)

-Sway Bars (PP ford)

-Swaybar Endlinks F/R (Steeda)

-Front Brakes (Ford GT base set)

-Brake Pads (Hawk)

-Drilled and Slotted Rotors F/R (Stoptech)

Sponsored

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
For the longest time I wanted to do the supersix kit but reading about it makes me want the jmp kit more. I think I read somewhere that a basic twin turbo kit is cheaper than prochager. Since I mostly like cruising and corners jmp might be better for me. My goal is just more torque. I'd be happy with 350ish ft-lbs to the rears. But we'll see where I end up and I still have 11 months of warranty left.

As for supporting mods, if I were to just get one it would be an aluminum driveshaft.
I have the price breakdown sheet for the JMP kits. Single turbo kit starts at 3000 and twin at 3700, but that 3700 will quickly approach Procharger territory after throwing in fuel injectors and dyno tuning time. However, for basic twin kit that will work right away your still looking at about 1g savings over the Procharger, but honestly that's probably being a little too optimistic. Hence the discussion I'm trying to create in identifying which route.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Although they aren't the best, the V6 comes from the factory with well equipped brakes. I haven't had any issues with braking, even with my 3.5 turbos...
Really love your custom 3.5 build! I just didn't have the desire to scratch together a build. Needed something out the box. But props to u.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Thanks for that info. So 3700 is like a bare kit. Well it seems like pricing will be similar to prochager when all things are done. It'd be nice to test drive both to see which one feels closer to what you'd like.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
I've daily driven my Procharged 3.7 for 2 years now and for a good all around car I still say it is hard to beat. No there isn't gobs of low down torque but just downshift and the boost is immediate. If you are dead set on 500whp you have to up the boost to 12+ PSI which is going to take lower compression forged pistons and/or racegas/E85.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Thanks for that info. So 3700 is like a bare kit. Well it seems like pricing will be similar to prochager when all things are done. It'd be nice to test drive both to see which one feels closer to what you'd like.
No man don't get the wrong idea. It's definitely not a bare bones kit. The cost is 3700 minus the injectors, tuner, and dyno time to dial it in. I mean the Procharger kit with EVERYTHING is 6 grand. Injectors can be very expensive on their own. JMP states u need to buy their 700 dollar injectors for them to tune it. So that's the factor u have to consider. Plus I am speaking about going 500rwhp.

2015-2017 Mustang 3.7 V6 Twin Turbo Kit - $3,700 Base Price
- Private Label Twin Journal-Bearing Billet 54rmm Turbos
- Dual 38mm Wastegates
- Turn-Downs for turbo mounting (bolt to stock or shorty headers)
- 50mm Blow Off Valve
- Ecoboost MAP Sensor
- 2.5” Downpipes
- Open Dump Tubes
- Front Mount Intercooler
- Custom Intercooler Piping
- All Oil Lines and Misc. Fittings

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
So, assuming you already have a tuner, you'd be looking at something like $4500-5000 plus whatever you do for install?

I wish there was something more like $3k but you definitely pay to play with FI. Depending on how I still feel about the car in a few more years, I might consider it and keep the stang a few more years, pay off all my loans, and grab a Cayman.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
The single turbo kit is 3 grand.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
It's just that it's a rear mount that takes away your exhaust. I have too much invested in my exhaust to change that and the rear mount doesn't interest me. It does list the same gains though.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
Really love your custom 3.5 build! I just didn't have the desire to scratch together a build. Needed something out the box. But props to u.
Thanks! I have been considering swapping to a procharger system recently. The torque on my setup is a blast to drive, but I prefer the linear power from the procharger. I think it suits our engine well

Also, you need to upgrade injectors for boost. You wont go anywhere with stock..

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Thanks! I have been considering swapping to a procharger system recently. The torque on my setup is a blast to drive, but I prefer the linear power from the procharger. I think it suits our engine well

Also, you need to upgrade injectors for boost. You wont go anywhere with stock..
Well that's a given with injectors, just answering a question for another. I hear this JMP kit with the turbos mounted under body has a good linear range. It's what the dyno sheets show anyways.
Sponsored