Sponsored

Vortech V7JT installed not really happy

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
One like someone eles mentioned the pcm is still learning,also the knock sensors learn!!!,Going into wot in lower rpms causes burst knock,will not hurt the car but pulls alot of timing out.Let the car shift on its on own in drive and come back.and tell me how it feels lol.These cars dont like to be locked in a gear at a low rpm and go wot,thats why the downshifts are programmed the way they are.
Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
If the car does not feel fast and it is making good boost then the car is probably pulling timing from false knock or real knock from spinning. I am running a smaller blower and my car certainly feels fast. If you get tired of that JT sell it to me and get a whipple LOL.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
My opinion.....you got turbo problems on what otherwise is a pretty simple setup. I went centri because it’s simple....x RPMs= x boost. Don’t give up on it but things to do....check logs for knock. Put it on a Dyno, take it to the track. If you’re not happy then take torque booster out of the equation and put a proper sized pulley for 10-11psi and see what it does.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Thanks for the advice guys. Oh I have a 6speed with 3:73 Tommy V.I just wanna up the boost to 12 lbs. I need more boost lol. I didn't realize the car would "Knock" if the tires were spinning. 1st gear is useless I can roll into second and still spin. 50mph rolls in 3rd gear feel pretty good. Still shifting at 7000 with the 18intake. I have oil pump gears and crank sprocket. I might take it 7500

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Thanks for the advice guys. Oh I have a 6speed with 3:73 Tommy V.I just wanna up the boost to 12 lbs. I need more boost lol. I didn't realize the car would "Knock" if the tires were spinning. 1st gear is useless I can roll into second and still spin. 50mph rolls in 3rd gear feel pretty good. Still shifting at 7000 with the 18intake. I have oil pump gears and crank sprocket. I might take it 7500
Boost+18 manifold+billet opg's&CS?!!!! That should easily still be gaining power beyond 7,500. Crank that shit to 11!:headbang:

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
The higher you rev it, the more power it should make! :headbang:

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Id start at 7700 and go from there. Not only is there more power up there but you also land in a better spot in next gear. 7000 is good on stock manifold.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
First time I've owned a blower car. I know vortech/paxton dont have the same bottom end torque like a whipple but I was expecting a little more fear factor. I'm tuned for 10.5 pounds but I've only seen 9.5 maybe because its 90 degrees out side... not sure. Car hasn't been on the dyno yet just street tuned by lund. Driveability is spot on tho. Car is alot faster of course lol. 1st and 2nd are useless. Did a 2nd gear 30mph roll blew the tires off... smile on face lol. 3rd gear was hoping for a little more pull down low but once I hit 4th it pulled like a train. hoping once I up the boost to 12 to 13 pounds I'll have a bigger smile on my face. What do you guys think? Will I be able to notice a pound or two of boost? Thanks

Mods
Vortech jt trim v7
8 rib pulley upgrade
Id1000 injectors
JLT intake for vortech kit
VMP boost a pump
Beefcake torque booster kit (turbosmart hypergate45 wastegate)
Turbosmart e-boost boost controller
Longtubes
Rst clutch
Ok....car is fast lol. Been playing with it for a couple hours now, tried a couple of 2nd gear 40 rolls at 75 degree weather. Blew the tires off but it was fun. I noticed it at times it felt like it didn't wanna give me all the boost..for example, I would come out of 3rd with full boost go into 4th and it felt like it was holding back, switch into 5th starts pulling hard. Sometimes it would pull hard in 4th and hold back when o switched to fifth. Tune related??? These blowers dont get heat soak do they? Has anyone experienced this. Didn't do it all the time but it did a couple
I can’t tell if you like it or not. Half of each paragraph is saying you think it sucks, but then the other half is spent saying how fast it is. Which is it? Are you happy or not?

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
It's hard to tell lol. At first I wasn't to much of fan because I didn't have enough seat time. After getting on it lastnight a 100 times I've grown to like it. I'm only on 10lbs and once I turn it up to 12 I think it'll be happier. I've noticed a couple of times coming out of 2nd gear after alot tire spin when I switch into the next gear... it felt like the car didn't wanna give me all the boost. Someone said because of the tire spin, pulling timing or false knock or knock etc. I only get traction at 50mph in 3rd on a nitto invo 315 35 20 tire but I've noticed so far... from 3rd gear 50mph roll and up it pulls like a MF. So to answer your question im 75% happy.

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
Not to sound like an asshole, but being able to blow the tires off is why you paid thousands of dollars to put that Vortech on lol. Just take some time to get used to how it drives because don't forget, its still a 700hp car and it doesn't take much to be sideways looking at a tree.

Sponsored
OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Lmfao exactly. I mean... it's fun as hell. I love blowing the tires off. Damn sure not trying to run into anything or anybody or blow the motor up but I wanna be able to bust some ass too. All this money i spent. She better make 700hp safely at the wheel.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
The more I learn the car the more I love it. 3rd gear 50mph 55mph roll. I cant wait to get some tires and half shafts so I can do digs and 40mph rolls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium 6 speed
The more I learn the car the more I love it. 3rd gear 50mph 55mph roll. I cant wait to get some tires and half shafts so I can do digs and 40mph rolls
Check your knock with a data log. Anything positive is bad. Turn off advance trac off as well, not just traction control. If those two are done, the car should be SCARY fast for someone who has never had a blower on their car.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Check your knock with a data log. Anything positive is bad. Turn off advance trac off as well, not just traction control. If those two are done, the car should be SCARY fast for someone who has never had a blower on their car.
Sounds like a recipe for a Mustang crash meme.
Sponsored