Sponsored

Air Conditioning Stopped Working: Any thoughts before I take it in?

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm still under warranty & need to get the car in to be looked at.
Don't wait. They may have to keep the car for a few days. So the sooner you get it in, the sooner you get it back.
Sponsored

oldgeezer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT base, Ingot Silver, 6MT, 3.55
My case is a bit unusual. I can't seem to turn the a/c off! If I have the air on at all, I haft turn up the heat to have the air blowing anywhere near normal. So I just turn it off, drop the windows, and drive . . .

Stevegradu64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Mine appears to be the evaporator problem on a 2016 Ecoboost Premium. I am just out of warranty. This seems to be a common problem on the Mustang.
Ford used to have a slogan "Quality is Job 1". I guess they can scrap that!
I might not get it fixed and sell the car when I can. There should be zero repairs this expensive with a two and a half year old car!

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
My a/c failed in my 2016 today...as I was driving it after returning from deployment. Needless to say I am a bit pissed off. Ford should have a recall out on these for the number I have seen on here. My wife could have had this fixed a while ago. 11k on the vehicle. @#$& Ford.

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
For those has their warranty expired go get yourself an acpro100 can and refill it yourself, its not a permanent fix but at 46 dollars you can afford to do that every year instead of 2000 bucks

Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
For those has their warranty expired go get yourself an acpro100 can and refill it yourself, its not a permanent fix but at 46 dollars you can afford to do that every year instead of 2000 bucks
I wonder how fast these leak, I feel like I lost mine overnight...not a gradual thing. Not sure if a recharge would work well.

Sidenote: mine is going in tonight to get checked out. Want to get this handled before the summer hits. Hopefully the core isn't on backorder...

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
for those keeping score at home: receiver drier failed and the condenser sucked in the parts causing it to fail as well. They're replacing both parts to the tune of $1,000.

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
I wonder how fast these leak, I feel like I lost mine overnight...not a gradual thing. Not sure if a recharge would work well.

Sidenote: mine is going in tonight to get checked out. Want to get this handled before the summer hits. Hopefully the core isn't on backorder...
The AC uses 134A which it does act a lot like an on/off switch when the pressure isnt where it supposed to be. Just refilling it from 25 psi to 35 psi my Max AC went from 72 down to about 45.

Stevegradu64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Mine appears to be the evaporator problem on a 2016 Ecoboost Premium. I am just out of warranty. This seems to be a common problem on the Mustang.
Ford used to have a slogan "Quality is Job 1". I guess they can scrap that!
I might not get it fixed and sell the car when I can. There should be zero repairs this expensive with a two and a half year old car!
Update: Mine is an $1100 repair due to being 3000 miles out of warranty. My mechanic said he has NEVER seen a car this new with this type of problems

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Got mine back yesterday, blowing cold again, but everytime compressor kicks on I hear a whirring noise. Guessing it's shot too. Could have saved the labor if they did it in one shot.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I almost want to tackle doing this myself. The thought of the dealership service department ripping out my dash makes me nauseous.

Does anyone have a part number for the Evap core? I have dual zone climate. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Just had mine replaced yesterday, but the work order doesn't list the fomoco p/n

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I just topped off with AC Pro. It was about 15 lbs low. Its blowing cold again..for now.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
taking her in Tuesday to the dealership.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
took her to Ford dealership today. Condenser is leaking. I waited almost 2 hours for them to tell me. Had to call wife to pick me up. Manager said it will be ready Thursday because the part has to be ordered and it takes a full day to replace. On the plus side he said they would detail the car for free including wax. They have a sweet 350R on the showroom for $69, 731.00. Do want!

If your car is still under warranty I recommend taking it in for the fix.
Sponsored