Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
Thanks Aubrey. The problem is i still have 19” rims so the 305/35 profile is ok but as soon as you go to a 305/30 it gets messy
230C2249-42D9-4E3D-815C-EB03EAF08671.jpeg

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Any reason you can't go 305/30/19?

I don't think Michi make anything in 305/35/19
Michelin do have 305/35/19 which is a very close match to the OEM overall diameter but difficult to source here. Some guys have brought them in from USA. But in Oz we can get 295/35/19 easily enough.

Thanks Aubrey, that’s a handy reference.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just concerned with the change in rolling diameter
Oh, i just checked and you're right. It's >5% variance in rolling diameter...

You're in a really shit situation with tyre size from the calculator I used with whats available sizing based on Michi site.

The best i can come up with that's wider and within tolerance was 325/30/19, which i would assume is too wide

EDIT: Didnt see the new posts on a different page lol....

Sponsored

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
I'm not sure where my tyres came from, I had the Ferrada wheel importer source them for me.
All I know is it was a bit of a juggling act to get them; to fit the 20" rims, then the wheels to clear the internals; not rub the body work at the rear; and even with the stock offset (i.e. same as stock wheels).
I believe my speedo is now less than 1% out overeading what I'm actually travelling which is OK. So travelling at 59kph and speedo shows 60kph.

Last edited:

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Michelin do have 305/35/19 which is a very close match to the OEM overall diameter but difficult to source here. Some guys have brought them in from USA. But in Oz we can get 295/35/19 easily enough.

Thanks Aubrey, that’s a handy reference.
That’s what I run here in the UK, and can confirm that my speedo is 2 MPH fast when compared to GPS.:)

Ie at a true GPS 70MPH my car speedo is reeding 72MPH..:)

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Got front, full bonnet, full front fenders, mirrors, front of rear wheel arches and top of rear bumper.
I know it's been a while since you had this done but can I ask what you think of it now and if it's not rude what did it cost as I am thinking of the very same thing for my new Mustang.
Cheers GT450

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I know it's been a while since you had this done but can I ask what you think of it now and if it's not rude what did it cost as I am thinking of the very same thing for my new Mustang.
Cheers GT450
Hey Steve,

The paint on these cars is very soft and will chip very easily. My PPF (Suntek) is holding up very well - you cannot see it unless you're looking for it and the protection it provides from stone chips is second to none. It has saved me from carnage on numerous occasions.

I see that you're in Melbourne - I got mine installed by Protekt Auto in Sydney. I went for the full front kit (as per the below link) which was installed as part of a larger package including Opti-Coat. General pricing is included in the link, however this is based upon a small hatch, so I suspect that pricing for the Mustang would be slightly higher.

https://www.protektauto.com.au/stonechip-protection

Sponsored

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Hey Steve,

The paint on these cars is very soft and will chip very easily. My PPF (Suntek) is holding up very well - you cannot see it unless you're looking for it and the protection it provides from stone chips is second to none. It has saved me from carnage on numerous occasions.

I see that you're in Melbourne - I got mine installed by Protekt Auto in Sydney. I went for the full front kit (as per the below link) which was installed as part of a larger package including Opti-Coat. General pricing is included in the link, however this is based upon a small hatch, so I suspect that pricing for the Mustang would be slightly higher.

https://www.protektauto.com.au/stonechip-protection
Thanks for that Drewbo i appreciate your opinion.
GT450 Steve.

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Thanks for that Drewbo i appreciate your opinion.
GT450 Steve.
I removed the broken reverse collar lockout from the gearshift out and I am awaiting delivery of the one piece billet collar so I can use the car again. Not a particularly easy job no matter what the videos show you, but one I hope is well worthwhile.

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Here's one for you guys , A pillar gauge pods ! None available in rhd ? Apparently not

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Look what I've found in my boot!

They're in the wrong compartment now but by this time next week...

IMG_6033.jpg