Sponsored

What's your worst ticket?

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
What's your worst ticket?
Did the cop give you a break?
Did you fight it?
Sponsored

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
True story: I was driving home from work in my sister's fusion cause it was too cold for the stang that day. I usually carpooled with a coworker so we could take the HOV out of Pittsburgh. Well he didn't come with me that day and I didn't feel like taking an extra 30 minutes to sit in traffic so I still snuck onto the HOV. A city cop in a 10 year old unmarked impala got me at 100 in a 55 in the HOV by myself. Thought I was done for and would have to sell the Stang after I lost my license and insurance got F'd. But he asked if my last name was Irish (Day before Saint Patricks) and he let me go with a warning

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
33 over, hell ya I got a ticket, always get a lawyer to keep points off my license.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I rarely get popped for anything big. Too many years of doing this my "spidey sense" has gotten pretty good.

However, in my C5 Corvette on the way back from Atlanta I pulled over for gas, went in to get a soda and came out to find a pickup truck parked behind my car.

So apparently he was an off duty sheriff's deputy that had been trying to keep up with me at 125 mph. Since his credentials checked out and he refused to move his truck I was detained while he called in a state trooper. They jawed about it for a few minutes then the Trooper told me I could leave.

If the deputy had his way it would have been 55 over but I got the vibe the Trooper didn't care for the deputy very much.

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP - Competition Orange
91 in a 55 (36 over) back in 1999. This was in my 1992 LX coupe with Heads/Cam/Intake and Vortech S-trim. The officer did not cut me a break, but also did not arrest me or charge me with reckless driving.

Lucklily it was before the days of Super Speeder Laws and additional penalties.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Drag racing motorcycles back in 1980. Yep, got a wreckless driving ticket. However the police officer did not show in court. I think it had something to do with the phone call my detective sargent brother from a neighboring department made a few days before. Still too stupid to stop, a state police officer nailed us drag racing a year later for racing on I-75 at damn near the speed of light. There were 6 of us and he let us all go. Back when the fastest motorcycle you could buy was a Suzuki GS1100. Sadly I didn't learn my lesson until my brother-in-law's younger brother was killed in a motorcycle accident. 35 year ago. He was an awesome kid. Changed my attitude about racing on the street forever when I had to use my left arm to carry the casket because my right arm was in a cast from, racing my bike. I'd give all the money I have to bring that kid back...

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I was going 80 on the freeway. $450 bucks....for going 80...in my 2015 V6.

OP
OP
Jdenkevitz

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
I was nailed doing 97 in a 65 in PA on my way to State College passing through the Lewistown area. The area has a few sections that are almost like an autobahn.

The officer dropped the speed down so it didn't cross the reckless driving threshold.

The officer also couldnt find my registration listed in the system as I had bought the car weeks earlier, and the dealership hadnt bothered putting my info into the system yet.

He was going to impound the car but I got the dealership on the phone to verify everything.

BurnCycle

I drank what?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Back in 1989 - 105/55
30 Days in Jail (29 suspended)
$200 fine
30 day license suspension

Appealed...

$400 fine
90 day license suspension

Don't speed in VA... not even 28 years ago. I was 18 at the time and still in high school. I didn't need 29 days hanging over my head if I screwed up again. Not graduating due to being in jail also looks bad on a job application. :lol:

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Back in 1989 - 105/55
30 Days in Jail (29 suspended)
$200 fine
30 day license suspension

Appealed...

$400 fine
90 day license suspension

Don't speed in VA... not even 28 years ago. I was 18 at the time and still in high school. I didn't need 29 days hanging over my head if I screwed up again. Not graduating due to being in jail also looks bad on a job application. :lol:
I don't know how you guys do it in VA. What a police state.

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
Did the cop give you a break?
I got pulled over for speeding once. I had my kid in the backseat (in his car seat). When the officer came to my window, my kid and him locked eyes, and my kid started to scream. The officer got so flustered, he just let me go. :love:

Reactions: Ebm

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Clocked going 92 in a 70 on 95.

In VA anything over 80MPH is considered a reckless, regardless of speed limit and or anything over 20MPH. Reckless in VA = Felony or Misdemeanor which is punishable by jail time, fine and suspensions (yes, don't speed in VA), plus negative 6 points on your DMV driving record which stays for 11 years. Once you accumulate a certain amount of negative points on your DMV record you can receive suspensions or revoked. SO yes people, don't be speeding when you come through VA. You have to show up if you're out of state, you can not have a lawyer represent for you.

I also was considering applying for some government IT jobs and didn't want that crap on my record so I searched for the best lawyer in that area that I got my ticket. That was a waste because she sucked and I ended up getting myself out of it and reduced to a regular speeding infraction. So after I left the court between lawyer fees, online defensive class, court & ticket fees I was out of $1,400.

I was lucky though because right before that copped pulled me, I was going around 120-130mph. It was open road because I would leave for work 4am in the morning to beat all the traffic on 95. When he got me, I got into a more congested area and slowed down and then some guy tried blocking me off from changing lanes so I sped up to get in front of him and the cop was behind me.

There were many other times it could have been bad as well but I've gotten quite lucky. But I mean, I've been up to 150 in quite a few of my cars...

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
DUI back in 90... I don't remember much of it... because I was drunk.

But heck, I was innocent. Funny thing is when I processed my clearance 15 years later they could not find much on it (the old records were destroyed somehow), but I still told the entire truth (just in case they found the old officer and he happened to remember me/have his old notes... not likely, but hey).

That crap cost me over $2000 in total -- back then! I was like "wow", what a kick in the pants.

Heck, I've not had a drink now for three years... I still drink, just not had one in a while.
lol...

Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
No tickets.

That said, one time when I was 18, a cop decided to drive RIGHT on my tail. After a mile of this, I moved to the right line. The cop immediately followed. Then the lights came on.

After we both pulled over, he came up to my window and asked if I knew why I was being stopped. I told him that I genuinely had no idea. He proceeded to tell me that it was for driving in the right-hand lane. If that wasn't lame enough, I explained that I only drove in the right hand lane because of his being so close to my tail. The officer then said "Oh, thats because I was using you for cover." I was driving a white 93' Taurus at the time. -_-. He laughed it off and walked, noting how young I was and that I was around his daughters age.

Ok, it's not a ticket story per-say, but it is another example of Virginia craziness...
Sponsored

Last edited: