Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT PP
Alright so I got her about 3 months ago and so far I've gotten done:

Flowmaster Outlaw axelbacks
Roush CAI
MPT 93 Tune

Besides that, car is pretty stock. I was thinking doing shorty headers but I also want gears.. where do you guys think I should go next?
Sponsored

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Drop that thing. Some aftermarket wheels wouldn’t be a bad option either.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on what you want with it tbh. You can do just springs, or while you're already down there swap in some new shocks and struts and maybe camber bolts/plates.

And for your headers vs gears, are you hoping for more performance or sound?

Just curious, what part of SoFlo are you in? Curious how your exhaust sounds in person!

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
The GT TB is a good choice. I got my old kit for sale.

Sponsored

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I'm pretty new to modding and aftermarket parts, how in depth of a process is that? Would I just need some springs? Or a ton of parts.
You can just do the springs. If you are paying someone to do it I’d probably have them do the struts too. Shocks are super easy on Mustangs. The steeda subframe bushings are a great mod as well if you’re looking at upgrading the suspension. Not sure how bad wheel hop on the V6 vs GT but it helped on mine.

OP
OP

bucsfan514

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT PP
Depends on what you want with it tbh. You can do just springs, or while you're already down there swap in some new shocks and struts and maybe camber bolts/plates.

And for your headers vs gears, are you hoping for more performance or sound?

Just curious, what part of SoFlo are you in? Curious how your exhaust sounds in person!
Sounds good! Might be going with the suspension and the Steeda subframe mod to clear up wheel hop. Now it's just about finding a reputable performance shop that won't quote me out the wazoo lol.

With the gears/headers, I want that lower baritone sound with some added torque which is why shorties sound appealing to me. Every shop seems to groan when I ask them about installing them though. Gears..is kind of a must. These stock 3.15's just suck. They're way too tall. Good daily driver but I can downshift from 4th and still not be in the powerband.

But I'm in Boca! The car sounds pretty good I think. Deep in the low to mid rpm's but when I go full throttle and redline it, it sounds kind of spitty and high, which is understandable for being a V6

OP
OP

bucsfan514

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT PP
You can just do the springs. If you are paying someone to do it I’d probably have them do the struts too. Shocks are super easy on Mustangs. The steeda subframe bushings are a great mod as well if you’re looking at upgrading the suspension. Not sure how bad wheel hop on the V6 vs GT but it helped on mine.
Wheel hop definitely is a thing on these cars as well. I was looking at the subframe bushing and it really does look like a nice bang for your buck mod. Seems like something I could probably do myself as well.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I would say gears first if you can find a takeout rear from another mustang. 3.55s if auto or 3.73s if manual. You could probably complete the swap for around $400 if you do the work yourself.

You could also do a GT TB as it gives better throttle response and mid range performance. Then I would do shorty headers.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good! Might be going with the suspension and the Steeda subframe mod to clear up wheel hop. Now it's just about finding a reputable performance shop that won't quote me out the wazoo lol.

With the gears/headers, I want that lower baritone sound with some added torque which is why shorties sound appealing to me. Every shop seems to groan when I ask them about installing them though. Gears..is kind of a must. These stock 3.15's just suck. They're way too tall. Good daily driver but I can downshift from 4th and still not be in the powerband.

But I'm in Boca! The car sounds pretty good I think. Deep in the low to mid rpm's but when I go full throttle and redline it, it sounds kind of spitty and high, which is understandable for being a V6
Send me your info at [email protected] and let our staff quote you a price. We can look at a package deal.

Also, we guarantee our work, giving you peace of mind that you have nothing to worry about -we aren’t the cheapest option but a lot of times, we fix a poor install costing the customer more in the end.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

TJ

revtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Gears. Its my next step. You do not need a pumpkin. Just a carrier and the gears. (if 3.15 equipped)
I also have the Flowmaster Outlaws. They have been perfect for me. Lots of people hate em but I just don't see it.
3.73 gears will give you the best bang for the buck performance wise. Shop around for the install though prices can vary greatly.
And if you want to win races...sticky tires.

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
Alright so I got her about 3 months ago and so far I've gotten done:

Flowmaster Outlaw axelbacks
Roush CAI
MPT 93 Tune

Besides that, car is pretty stock. I was thinking doing shorty headers but I also want gears.. where do you guys think I should go next?
I don't see a JLT catch can? This mod is a must. It's my first mod and I catch about a shot glass of oil about 1000 + miles that's not going down the TB. The harder you run the more oil your putting down the TB.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
I don't see a JLT catch can? This mod is a must. It's my first mod and I catch about a shot glass of oil about 1000 + miles that's not going down the TB. The harder you run the more oil your putting down the TB.
Second this...definitely get a JLT catch can.
Sponsored