Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Ugh, this is tempting with that $50 off coupon. A few questions...

Is there a schedule print out somewhere? and if not... How long in between sessions?

How are run groups managed?

What about participants from other clubs with experience? Does that transfer over or are they considered 1st timers with NASA?

I run in Green group with ProAuto.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Is there a schedule print out somewhere? and if not... How long in between sessions?

What about participants from other clubs with experience? Does that transfer over or are they considered 1st timers with NASA?

Here is a link with the schedule.
http://forums.nasaaz.com/showthread.php?t=7718

We only do three sessions in this format since we are off track before the heat really hits. I am checking on the DE1 thing now to see if you can bypass since you have experience. I know there was a thing about insurance purposes having to start in DE1, but I am not sure if that is still a thing. We have HPDE 1-4. HPDE 1 being instructor led, HPDE 2 being point by only on straights, HPDE 3 being point by almost anywhere passing and HPDE 4 being open passing with courtesy. The downloads after the sessions are pretty good in my opinion to go over lines, bad drivers and ask questions. An early morning session would be best to get the DE1 over with if need be since it is such a short day.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Okay it looks like you can start in DE2 and move up from there. They will watch you and just make sure you know what you are doing and what all the flags mean. Apparently we had a Pro Auto guy do a U-turn on track this last weekend and almost caused a serious accident so they no longer allow straight to HPDE 3 or HPDE 4 without at least one session in HPDE 2.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
A U-turn on track? Wow... I have never seen anything like that...

Thank you for all the info. I may pass being how early it is. I drive up from Tucson and I like to get a good nights rest before so it won't be feasible for me. Thanks though!

Sponsored

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I was so busy with students that I did not get a chance to see the shit storm. He was also skipping downloads and did not bother to go thru tech.

Yeah, I hate waking up and driving there. And I am also only 20 minutes away!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Lol before summer hits, hahaha it's here. Especially by June 9th

I am curious, never done an hpde before, how hard is this on a car? what should I have done before and after attending. Not going this time cause this motor doesn't like heat but I might come Oct/Nov. Just want an idea on what I need to consider before I decide to do it. Also is insurance a good idea? Any info/advice you can provide is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Lol before summer hits, hahaha it's here. Especially by June 9th

I am curious, never done an hpde before, how hard is this on a car? what should I have done before and after attending. Not going this time cause this motor doesn't like heat but I might come Oct/Nov. Just want an idea on what I need to consider before I decide to do it. Also is insurance a good idea? Any info/advice you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Once it is 100° before 11am, then it is summer time. We are usually out of there before it hits 100°.

It really depends on how hard you drive. Usually you are no where near any kind of limits. HPDE1 starts you out in the classroom and then on track with instructor. That goes back and forth for the day. Passing is limited so you don't really have to worry about too much. There is a thread in the Track section that talks about insurance and a couple companies that provide it. I personaly do not use it.

JmalB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Dodge NSRT-4, 2015 Mustang GT PP
A U-turn on track? Wow... I have never seen anything like that...

Thank you for all the info. I may pass being how early it is. I drive up from Tucson and I like to get a good nights rest before so it won't be feasible for me. Thanks though!
Just spend the night before at a near by hotel. That's what I did the last track day at Wild Horse I went to. I live in Tucson as well. But I'll admit 530am is way early.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I say the same thing every time. But when you are home enjoying a beer after a track day and it is only noon, feels pretty good. Can still get things done around the house.

Sponsored
OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Good stuff. Hopefully I'll be out with NASA later in the year for Bondo
It is gonna be fun. I have not had my current car on that track. Hoping to be sub 1:05.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
It looked like a lot of fun when they ran there a couple of months ago w/looper. Looks FAST:headbang:
Ahh you are talking about the school track. It was a freaking blast with the looper. I am hoping it does not loose too much of the pucker factor going thru turns 1-3.
Sponsored