Sponsored

How is your MT

Lussier4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18MY on order
Just picked-up a 18GT with a manuel transmission and new to this forum. I only have 500 km on it and learning new stuff each time i take it for a ride. First impression is that it’s a great car with a lot of power. The feel of the clutch is way different than what I’m used to with my former vintage GM. The clutch engagement is realy high on the pedal and I don’t know if you can adjust that :shrug:

When in gear if I give a little throttle and then take my foot off the gaz the shifter does not move except that when I’m in second gear if I do the same the shifter stick moves up/down by itself. It does not jump out of gear but I see a slight jerk on the shifter stick. I’m not talking about WOT here but just a slight acceleration then letting it go. Just strange for the shifter stick to behave like this only in second gear. Is this normal on MT82 ?

Comments will be appreciated
Sponsored

Kansas GT

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Just picked-up a 18GT with a manuel transmission and new to this forum. I only have 500 km on it and learning new stuff each time i take it for a ride. First impression is that it’s a great car with a lot of power. The feel of the clutch is way different than what I’m used to with my former vintage GM. The clutch engagement is realy high on the pedal and I don’t know if you can adjust that :shrug:

When in gear if I give a little throttle and then take my foot off the gaz the shifter does not move except that when I’m in second gear if I do the same the shifter stick moves up/down by itself. It does not jump out of gear but I see a slight jerk on the shifter stick. I’m not talking about WOT here but just a slight acceleration then letting it go. Just strange for the shifter stick to behave like this only in second gear. Is this normal on MT82 ?

I wasn't a fan of the clutch feel with my '18 GT and got rid of the stock clutch assist spring. I opted to go with the Steeda clutch spring instead of simply running no spring, and I couldn't be happier. The clutch feels much more linear and provides better feedback at the engagement point.

I haven't really noticed any odd behavior with the shifter. I get a little vibration depending on throttle, but it's negligible. With that said, I'll be going with the MGW shifter in the near future after having a chance to feel one. The precision and feel of this shifter is a night and day difference.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I hope the '18 manual clutch feel was improved over the '15-'17. I tell you assist spring in or out the clutch will never feel like manual trans of past models. Having the assist spring out over the past few years has gave it a slightly normal feel but to this day I still have to stay extra focused on my clutch engagements to avoid clumsy, jerking shifts. Must have to do with having a hyd clutch with way too much travel.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE

The thing with the MT82 and people asking things like this is that you can go right in to the post and there they are doing things that shouldn't be being done to the car; driver induced.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
A little movement in the shifter is normal since it’s mounted directly to the trans and the factory bushings are made of gummy bears.

Sponsored

Dark knight s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 pp1 GT
for all of my 18 MT-82 guys, has anyone had the shift fork problem that apparently is starting to affect some cars? I guess ford switched to aluminum shift forks for 18 vs steel for the previous years and some people are losing 3rd and 4th gear with minimal mileage on their cars

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
for all of my 18 MT-82 guys, has anyone had the shift fork problem that apparently is starting to affect some cars? I guess ford switched to aluminum shift forks for 18 vs steel for the previous years and some people are losing 3rd and 4th gear with minimal mileage on their cars
So Ford the improved the shifting with this change only to now learn that these are failing out there? ..sounds like a recall coming.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
A little movement in the shifter is normal since it’s mounted directly to the trans and the factory bushings are made of gummy bears.
Truer words have never been spoken. I have an MGW on order that I hope gives a nice, firm, "snick-snick" feel to gear changes vs. the gearshift feel I have now. Best described as "Moving a pencil through a bowl of mashed potatoes, while trying to guide the end of the pencil through slots that you can't see, on the bottom of the bowl."

Another thing: I would suggest moving to the Steeda clutch spring. Such a cheap, easy to install mod completely changes the feel of clutch pedal and your interaction with it.
Sponsored