What price to expect when buying...

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
How do you know what the “dealer discount” is?

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Right??

I could talk myself into a PP2 at that price... nothing close to that near me though, the dealers think it's a Shelby or it's bare bones.

Going to check on this tomorrow - X-Plan pricing, so not a screaming deal, but better than the $670 discount this dealer was offering online before I asked:
2018 EBPP, 201A, A10, Magneride, Safe & Smart, Enhanced Security, Shaker

MSRP: $42,270
X-Plan: $40,202
Rebate: $3,000
Private Cash: $750
Final before TTL: $36,452

Spoiler delete, Oxford White w/Showstopper, and fingers crossed...

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Thoroughbred Ford in Kansas City. They took very good care of me. From supposedly calling in a favor to get my order in to arranging for a different rail carrier to pick it up (along with three other Mustangs) that typically only hauls Flex's and Edge's out of Canada. They are not a big franchise dealer, just a family owned local dealer with two locations. Johnathon Renner is the Mustang salesman and actually drives a Mustang himself. We actually met him at the auto show. George O'Sullivan is the sales manager who has been there over 15 years. Jason Knifong is the parts manager. All of these guys were awesome to work with from answering all my questions to getting tires delivered and installed in an afternoon when my car showed up a week early. And, Joe Ruth, the finance manager, was as good as it gets. Took about 30 seconds to decline all extended warranties, service plans, etc. No pressure, no questions, no long explanations why I needed any of that. You want this? Nope. Initial here. You want this? Nope. Initial here. Then he proceeds to start talking about when he used to work on a top fuel team building engines and starts showing us pictures. A really cool guy and a real car guy. This was only the second new vehicle I have bought from them, but I have used their service department for my last two F-150's. I'd recommend them to anyone.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
It's whatever they advertise the car at below MSRP. Around here (DFW TX area) there is at least 8-10% flexibility in the MSRP. A good price would have an initial drop of 8% off MSRP, plus the local rebate. That's pretty much what Silver Bullitt's price looks like on the PP2.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Pretty simple. MSRP was $47,080. I negotiated a price of $42,500. That's a $4,580 discount. I negotiated the deal when I placed the order. I didn't even have to put a deposit down. Wrote it on the order, signed by my wife and I and George.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
2018 GT PP2 Special Order

$47,080 MSRP
$(4,580) Dealer discount
$(3,000) Ford customer cash
$ (750) Ford private cash

$38,750 Final price before TTL
Curious what they showed as dealer invoice on this?

He must have given you ALL the dealer withholding.

OP
OP
djdstang

djdstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoVert
All the nearby dealers I called today say invoice is bottom dollar plus any Ford rebates.

I wish I knew who to call....I live between San Jose and Los Angeles

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
All the nearby dealers I called today say invoice is bottom dollar plus any Ford rebates.

I wish I knew who to call....I live between San Jose and Los Angeles
Do you have a Costco membership? Might be worth looking into if you don't. Costco program here in KC is $500 below invoice with no fees. It does seem to vary by area, but it's a good starting point for negotiations.

Sponsored

hornedfrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mercury Montego
Thoroughbred Ford in Kansas City. They took very good care of me. From supposedly calling in a favor to get my order in to arranging for a different rail carrier to pick it up (along with three other Mustangs) that typically only hauls Flex's and Edge's out of Canada. They are not a big franchise dealer, just a family owned local dealer with two locations. Johnathon Renner is the Mustang salesman and actually drives a Mustang himself. We actually met him at the auto show. George O'Sullivan is the sales manager who has been there over 15 years. Jason Knifong is the parts manager. All of these guys were awesome to work with from answering all my questions to getting tires delivered and installed in an afternoon when my car showed up a week early. And, Joe Ruth, the finance manager, was as good as it gets. Took about 30 seconds to decline all extended warranties, service plans, etc. No pressure, no questions, no long explanations why I needed any of that. You want this? Nope. Initial here. You want this? Nope. Initial here. Then he proceeds to start talking about when he used to work on a top fuel team building engines and starts showing us pictures. A really cool guy and a real car guy. This was only the second new vehicle I have bought from them, but I have used their service department for my last two F-150's. I'd recommend them to anyone.
Thank you very much.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
There was someone on here awhile back (not sure if he was a dealer or what) that said he'd do $1,000 under invoice. Pretty sure he was in Las Vegas.

hornedfrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mercury Montego
Right??

I could talk myself into a PP2 at that price... nothing close to that near me though, the dealers think it's a Shelby or it's bare bones.

Going to check on this tomorrow - X-Plan pricing, so not a screaming deal, but better than the $670 discount this dealer was offering online before I asked:
2018 EBPP, 201A, A10, Magneride, Safe & Smart, Enhanced Security, Shaker

MSRP: $42,270
X-Plan: $40,202
Rebate: $3,000
Private Cash: $750
Final before TTL: $36,452

Spoiler delete, Oxford White w/Showstopper, and fingers crossed...
I hope that you got it?