Sponsored

Favorite Gauge Settings...Default to....

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So I discovered this today while checking tire pressures. I’m sure like most, I have my favorite gauge display on the center screen where I always operate. I keep mine just below the air/fuel ratio so I can see all the pertinent numbers. Every time I shut down, the screen always reverts back to the parent screen; it never stays put, but it does go directly back to the previous setting as soon as I select the gauge submenu.

Well today, I left the tire pressures up on the screen to serve as a reminder on the next start to check cold pressures as I knew it would go to this screen. Lo and behold, as soon as I started the car, it was already on the tire pressure screen. It did not default back to the parent screen like it normally does. Is this a preprogrammed/locked screen or something based on some heirarchy?
Sponsored

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Aaallllrighty....that went well, LOL. OK, so let’s put it this way...what’s your favorite every day screen display? And when you shut the car off, is that screen still there when you restart it, or do you have to reselect it?

Gstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Gray
I always leave it on digital speedometer. It's always there when I start her up.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I always have engine parameters displayed with oil temp in the middle. Each time I start the engine I have to hit select to bring up the display. Though maybe not quite the same, steering always stays in the previous setting which for me is Sport.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I always used to leave it on the transmission temp in my Forscan hacked tech. Now that I've installed the trans cooler I don't really care. Usually I leave it on miles to empty now.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Speedo. In have a Ngauge set to all of the other parameters I want to know.

I think it depends on the grouping. Some will auto stay, other groupings you have to go to.

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
I like the cylinder head temp called up on the cluster. The dash's oil temp and pressure gauges are money, too. Always checking to make sure those needles stay pointed near 12 o'clock.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Digital speedo is my choice as well. I will surf through the other stuff to view it briefly during drives, but the digital speedometer is the most useful information for me.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Digital speedo because I’m half blind. It takes a couple seconds to scroll down through the gauge info while driving if needed or bored.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Interesting. Oh well. Certainly not anything I'm losing sleep over and certainly not a huge deal to go reselect your gauge, I just found it to be another interesting tidbit about the car. Interesting that some parameters arbitrarily stay in place while others will default back to the parent menu. Oh well.

Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I do the gauges and go one down from A/F.

Start car > OK the low gas warning (why is it always on?) > OK on gauges > sport mode > steering comfort > struts normal

It's like a rocket ship with all sorts of stuff. My fiancee asked me the other day why I push so many buttons when I start it lol.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
... steering always stays in the previous setting which for me is Sport.
Well now, that's interesting. Mine does not retain the previous setting. I don't care what mode I'm in (and regardless of how steering and ride are split), my car always defaults back to normal/normal/normal on every engine start.

That's exactly what I do. Try shutting down with the tire pressure one day and see if it stays like mine does.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone

Start car > OK the low gas warning (why is it always on?) > OK on gauges > sport mode > steering comfort > struts normal

It's like a rocket ship with all sorts of stuff. My fiancee asked me the other day why I push so many buttons when I start it lol.
Are you me? Pretty much my exact starting procedure. The only extra step is to hold the TC button and turn AdvanceTrac off. Gotta be able to swing it at a moments notice!

And that's exactly where I keep my gauges too. I don't need to see A/F, but everything under is useful. Engine Oil Temp stays highlighted.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I keep CHT highlighted since I have the oil temp gauge.
Sponsored