OP
OP
Hivel

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I finally got the BMR CB005 installed and went back to the drag strip. The BMR did its job. No more wheel hop. I still had no traction. But, I can pedal the car now. Much more fun. The air was worse. Tonight’s DA was 1600. June’s DA was 400. I guess drag radials would put the car into the 11’s. Here are the time slips to compare.

5AB0AA3E-2D74-4B69-8518-DE0462E68BE6.jpeg

Cheers
Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Glad to hear the CB005 helped with wheel hop on your 18. I have the kit and will install it before going back to the strip. I was able to get off the line cleanly but the hop on the 1-2 shift was brutal in drag mode. I just ran in sport mode with no issues but am anxious to use drag mode without the rear end going crazy. I will be getting drag radials at some point, too. Most people say that is the best solution.

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt auto 400A Package factory 20's
Glad to hear the CB005 helped with wheel hop on your 18. I have the kit and will install it before going back to the strip. I was able to get off the line cleanly but the hop on the 1-2 shift was brutal in drag mode. I just ran in sport mode with no issues but am anxious to use drag mode without the rear end going crazy. I will be getting drag radials at some point, too. Most people say that is the best solution.
As someone that uses the drag mode regularly even on the street (on the streets i do leave the nannies on not crazy) It does not get to swirly as long as you got that steering straight. It will bark the tires of course, but it is not crazy. Try it with the nannies first and then without them. Your times will improve. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

OP
OP
Hivel

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Drag mode works well when the tires aren’t hopping. I ran against a 2018 base GT auto (no drag mode) running an E85 tune. He is faster; but, I caught up a little during each drag mode shift.

Also, I’m still trying to figure out why the car picked up a tenth and almost 1 MPH in worse weather. Maybe that is what the tire hop cost me. I guess it’s hard to put power down when the back tires are off the ground.

Looks like the car only improved in the first 1/8. The wheel hop used to happen only in the first 1/8; at launch, the 1-2 and the 2-3 shifts.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. But, Maybe not enough air out. I ran with 30 PSI (hot) in the rear and 35 PSI (cold) in the front. Next time I will run 27 PSI in the rear. After making 3 passes in a row with terrible wheel hop; I figured the hop wasn’t going away on its own. Just didn’t want to damage the car anymore than I already had. We’ll see what if I broke anything when the BMR lock-out, vertical links, and carrier locks are installed.

Cheers,
I have the 20" Goodyears at 40psi, ran 1.9's consistently. I'm still of the belief that such short sidewall tires don't benefit from lowering pressure but going to try it the next time I go if it ever cools down.

Last edited:

Sponsored

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
great job on the 12.1! I'm going to head out one more time before modding, and hopefully get some weather in the 80's and lower as its been 96 plus each time ive gone so far. ill be happy with high 80's at this point lol

OP
OP
Hivel

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I’m going back next week. I have a HP tuners MPVI2 now and will data log the runs. I want to data log a 91 octane run and then pump in a half tank of GT260. if I can tip toe the launch to a 1.9 sixty foot; I might be able to crack the 11s. Gotta keep in mind these 401a cars weigh almost 4000 lbs with a 200 lb driver.

Cheers,

Lockdown18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt A10R80
I’m going back next week. I have a HP tuners MPVI2 now and will data log the runs. I want to data log a 91 octane run and then pump in a half tank of GT260. if I can tip toe the launch to a 1.9 sixty foot; I might be able to crack the 11s. Gotta keep in mind these 401a cars weigh almost 4000 lbs with a 200 lb driver.

Cheers,
Are you going to Sonoma this Wednesday ?

OP
OP
Hivel

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
No. I need to get the PCM updated first. I’ll try again when the good air shows up.

Cheers,