Sponsored

Motor mount bracket

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Do the v6 and v8 share the same motor mount bracket? I saw this at AM and I looked it up at BMR's site and it only says v8 application. It seems like a good alternative to just replacing the motor mounts and they are close in price.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Further on the AM page it says:
Application. These BMR Motor Mount Brackets will fit 2015–2018 GT mustang models.
[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] should be able to confirm it 100% either way.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
All motors have the same mount point on the frame. Doesn't necessarily mean they have the same engine MOUNTS that attach to the block.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I mean AM may have it classified that way for sorting, but at the bottom of the description it still says GT only.

The BMR listing under features says: " Fits all 2015 and newer V8 Ford Mustangs". The old one (might be same part, but different link) says "Fits all 2005 and newer V8 Ford Mustangs (excluding GT500 Models)"

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I mean AM may have it classified that way for sorting, but at the bottom of the description it still says GT only.

The BMR listing under features says: " Fits all 2015 and newer V8 Ford Mustangs". The old one (might be same part, but different link) says "Fits all 2005 and newer V8 Ford Mustangs (excluding GT500 Models)"
Strange. Would be great if it fits us. Would be a nice alternative

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
This is a great question.

I will do some digging to see if I can figure more information out.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Welp, not looking good. My guy at Ford said they are not compatible.

That said, he has told me this before and been wrong. LOL!

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
Do the v6 and v8 share the same motor mount bracket? I saw this at AM and I looked it up at BMR's site and it only says v8 application. It seems like a good alternative to just replacing the motor mounts and they are close in price.

It says right on the fitment for AM site it works on V6

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Ate the stock brackets different between the V6 and V8? Ate the stock motor mounts different?

Put it this way I would buy these in a heartbeat if they fit or a set was made for us. A great option over new motor mounts. Although, [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] do you have plans to update your BMR adjustable motor mounts with a much softer grade poly for the bushings. It seems most people would be all over a set for a street application if the bushings were softer and the NVH issue was much lessened through use of a softer grade.

OP
OP
Fuse

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I looked at mounts for the v8 and v6. In the picture diagram they look the same but the part numbers were different. They could possibly be the same but from pictures of the bmr mounts, they seem to use a different bolt point on the v8.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Ate the stock brackets different between the V6 and V8? Ate the stock motor mounts different?

Put it this way I would buy these in a heartbeat if they fit or a set was made for us. A great option over new motor mounts. Although, [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] do you have plans to update your BMR adjustable motor mounts with a much softer grade poly for the bushings. It seems most people would be all over a set for a street application if the bushings were softer and the NVH issue was much lessened through use of a softer grade.
I have the Steeda motor mounts on my V8 and each puck bushing is the hardest one they offer (black) and the NVH is only noticeable when the AC compressor kicks on at idle and maybe at wailing high RPMs but I'm already making enough induction and exhaust noise at that point to not even care. Quite frankly, nobody has ever mentioned anything about it. Just don't do anything to the transmission mount bushing and it's fine.

OP
OP
Fuse

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Just a FYI, I was browsing AM and I saw a review stating that they do not fit the V6. Someone actually tried it. So that means the only way to lower the engine is by changing the mounts themselves.
Sponsored