Sponsored

Bilstein B16 Coilovers...anyone have them yet?

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone buy, receive, get a ship date, or install them on their stang yet? These seem like the best bang for the buck.

I've always had only height adjustable coilovers but now I want them with dampening adjustability too. If they don't come out soon, I may go with American Muscle SR performance coils. I only plan to track my car twice a year and I'm not racing professionally. I don't see the need to pay KW, Roush, or JRZ prices for that reason.

I've had bilstein coilovers in VW, Audi, and last set on a Tundra. They never disappoint. I hope they're released soon.
Sponsored

umarov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CO Premium PP
Anyone buy, receive, get a ship date, or install them on their stang yet? These seem like the best bang for the buck.

I've always had only height adjustable coilovers but now I want them with dampening adjustability too. If they don't come out soon, I may go with American Muscle SR performance coils. I only plan to track my car twice a year and I'm not racing professionally. I don't see the need to pay KW, Roush, or JRZ prices for that reason.

I've had bilstein coilovers in VW, Audi, and last set on a Tundra. They never disappoint. I hope they're released soon.
I chatted with Tire Rack rep on their website. I was told that they are having production issues and it's on back-order until August. So I guess there will be more info then. I am thinking about those as well.

OP
OP
Vato

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Or get Steeda coilovers, which have been battle tested on track and aren't that expensive. :)
Only issue with that is, they would be going on a Saleen. Sacrilegious? :ninja:

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
So how are Bilsteins any different?
Steeda and Saleen both make custom/limited build cars (see Steeda Q500/750 and Saleen's White and Black Label Mustangs). Based on their histories and even my personal experience with Steeda, I would 100% buy a Steeda vehicle every time instead of a Saleen.

So it would be "sacrilegious" to put the competitor's suspension product on their car, no matter how much better it is! I've seen in a post somewhere on here that Saleen does use BMR for some of their suspension modification so it can't be terrible, but still not in house necessarily.

OP
OP
Vato

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If I went with Roush coils.....SAOUSH?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
No, it'd be Roleen. She'd be heavy above the waist with stickly veiny legs wearing Wal-Mart copy Crocs and smoking Virginia Slims while yelling at her 5 children to get back in the house.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I called Bilstein today and spoke with their rep. They wouldn't confirm an exact date but the August timeframe is what they said was what they were being told as well.

Interesting enough, there are options for the Bilsteins that no other company offers right now. Unfortunately, none of those options are available for the Mustang yet. Seems they have the capability of installing an electronically adjustable suspension on cars that don't have an electronically adjustable suspension (ie: magneride). Again, nothing for our cars (or even a promise of it) but hella cool feature.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vato

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the update.

By the time they're available and installed on my car, it should be in peak season for track days in my area.

dwongger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Magnetic w/pp
That's funny the rep said that, I have the first production set on my car. Bilstein installed them last November. They did the prototyping on my vehicle 2 year ago (9/16)and it took them a year to produce them.

OP
OP
Vato

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's funny the rep said that, I have the first production set on my car. Bilstein installed them last November. They did the prototyping on my vehicle 2 year ago (9/16)and it took them a year to produce them.
How are they holding up?
How many miles have you put on them?
How comfortable can they be on the softest setting?
How aggressive is the hardest setting for track use?
What do you like and dislike?

Give us an honest review?

dwongger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Magnetic w/pp
holding up great
I have about 1500 mile on them
The softest setting is pretty comfortable, it is a little tight on the rebound from the original prototype.

Have not got past the original setting that Bilstein set (4 out of 10), it was real firm. The guy from whiteline really like them, they had my car for a week installing sways and end links. They liked the way the car felt as a daily and for track.

I like the ease of changing the setting, front adjustment is on the bottom of the shock, and the rear is on the top. I have no complaints yet.

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Then you have the only known set in existence. Bilstein doesn't have the coilovers or the rear shocks available for sale right now. I've had their front struts on my car for a year just waiting.....
Sponsored