2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Yea to me it almost sounds like a miss fire. But no hesitation. Strange
Sponsored

MustangManiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
This may have been asked before... but how.many electrical plugs/connections are on the back.of the 2018 manifold? 3 or 4?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
for those who have locked out. how has it effected your MPG? want to put this worry to rest before pulling the trigger on locking them out.
mines exactly the same so far. :cool:

Sponsored

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
Hopefully this will help someone out...

Like many of you I did not want to lock out the IMRCs, I understood that the difference between being locked out or not locked out would be minimal but since active IMRCs would be slightly better in some circumstances I decided that I wanted to keep them.

Bought harnesses from EOD tech, got the Lund approved instructions and familiarized myself with this diy post and got to work winth fingers crossed that I'd avoid a pesky CEL.

Get everything installed, feel elated that the car runs and rush to get my first log into Lund. Everything looks good on the log and before Lund sends me the first revision P2007 pops it's ugly head. Convince myself that it was possibly a fluke and load the revised tune after clearing the light take the car out for some aggressive driving and so far so good. Next morning on my way to work CEL.

At this point I know that I'm either in for a long and lengthy troubleshooting process, one that I don't have the time or desire for.... OR I lock out the IMRCs and go back to enjoying the car. I chose the later.

Order the MMR lockouts and let Lund know that I'm going to need an adjustment made to the tune. I like the MMR lockouts, but the fact that they give no instructions for them and charge you a fortune for idk $3 worth of materials I wouldn't blame anyone who chose to save the money and chose to zip tie instead.

Once the lockouts arrived I needed some help in figuring out how to hook everything up, found this video and got to work.

Now here is the best part, the install is SO MUCH CLEANER NOW. If I saw a clear example of a 2018 manifold swap with active IMRCs vs one with locked out IMRCs I would have went this route from the get go. Everything just looks so much better. Learn from my mistake, save yourself the headache, save your engine bay and go Lockouts from the start.

PS Car pulls like a totally different animal now thanks to the manifold upgrade, totally worth the money and effort even with the extra headache involved of having to redo install due to CEL.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering the same thing. I am auto with 3.15 gears and don't want to kill my low end since I drive 100 miles round trip to work Mon-Thurs. I see you have 3.55 gears.
Yes Sir. I drive a little over 80 miles round trip mostly highway. The instant kick is not there as when the f150 was in but it gets up to speed quickly. I did lose some mpg's this past weekend but was driving her hard/wot a few times.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully this will help someone out...

Like many of you I did not want to lock out the IMRCs, I understood that the difference between being locked out or not locked out would be minimal but since active IMRCs would be slightly better in some circumstances I decided that I wanted to keep them.

Bought harnesses from EOD tech, got the Lund approved instructions and familiarized myself with this diy post and got to work winth fingers crossed that I'd avoid a pesky CEL.

Get everything installed, feel elated that the car runs and rush to get my first log into Lund. Everything looks good on the log and before Lund sends me the first revision P2007 pops it's ugly head. Convince myself that it was possibly a fluke and load the revised tune after clearing the light take the car out for some aggressive driving and so far so good. Next morning on my way to work CEL.

At this point I know that I'm either in for a long and lengthy troubleshooting process, one that I don't have the time or desire for.... OR I lock out the IMRCs and go back to enjoying the car. I chose the later.

Order the MMR lockouts and let Lund know that I'm going to need an adjustment made to the tune. I like the MMR lockouts, but the fact that they give no instructions for them and charge you a fortune for idk $3 worth of materials I wouldn't blame anyone who chose to save the money and chose to zip tie instead.

Once the lockouts arrived I needed some help in figuring out how to hook everything up, found this video and got to work.

Now here is the best part, the install is SO MUCH CLEANER NOW. If I saw a clear example of a 2018 manifold swap with active IMRCs vs one with locked out IMRCs I would have went this route from the get go. Everything just looks so much better. Learn from my mistake, save yourself the headache, save your engine bay and go Lockouts from the start.

PS Car pulls like a totally different animal now thanks to the manifold upgrade, totally worth the money and effort even with the extra headache involved of having to redo install due to CEL.
the rear of the intake looks so small with the actuators gone.

BrandonJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I just ordered a JLT intake. Should I have ordered one for 15-17 or the 18? The 18 I take looks like it sticks out further at the TB opening.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
So I just ordered a JLT intake. Should I have ordered one for 15-17 or the 18? The 18 I take looks like it sticks out further at the TB opening.
My 15-17 JLT cold air intake fits perfectly with the Stock TB & 18 manifold.

Sponsored

BrandonJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My 15-17 JLT cold air intake fits perfectly with the Stock TB & 18 manifold.
Good cause that's what I ordered. Seems like there is some difference with the size of the 18' JLT because a lot of the reviews are saying they don't fit under the stock hood properly. Maybe that's due to the lower hood of the 18?

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
so those that have gone the plug and play route have you had success or wound up having to lock them out

Brmoorejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premuim
so those that have gone the plug and play route have you had success or wound up having to lock them out
After first trying the plug and play route and it not working.
I then hardwired them inplace and it still did not work.

So i locked them out and didnt look back.

I got tired of pulling the intake and redoing wiring connections its just not worth the hassle.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
it will fit. the '18 intake at the opening sticks up at a steep angle compared to your stock one.

pkmach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
Any suggestions guy's? I'm planning on doing the install and just ordered the Lund NGauge with custom tune because I'm planning on keeping the IMRC's functional. Lund is telling me I must upgrade to LU47 Injectors. Is this true?
Sponsored