HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Kind of. If I would have swapped to another vehicle with the same msrp as my 2017, then they would have done a collateral swap, kept the loan the exact same, and just changed the vin numbers on the loan. Since I am upgrading, it works a little differently. I am responsible for anything on my loan that’s over the $34,250 msrp that my 2017 was. I’ll have a small amount over that, which is why I plan to put some cash down.
Wow. I'm surprised a lender would do that. Live and learn.

Loans have an element of risk to the lender. Many things over time MIGHT change a borrower's loan worthiness. Meaning it could be a BAD idea to blindly agree to continue a loan that you wouldn't make at all under current conditions.
Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Wow. I'm surprised a lender would do that. Live and learn.

Loans have an element of risk to the lender. Many things over time MIGHT change a borrower's loan worthiness. Meaning it could be a BAD idea to blindly agree to continue a loan that you wouldn't make at all under current conditions.
Ford Credit did that with me. I had ford buy back my 2016 and I got a new 2017. I had to pay the difference in MSRP from the 2016 to 2017 and they jsut swapped the vin on the paperwork.

OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Ford Credit did that with me. I had ford buy back my 2016 and I got a new 2017. I had to pay the difference in MSRP from the 2016 to 2017 and they jsut swapped the vin on the paperwork.

I assume you paid the difference in cash?

OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
yeah if yo change the terms of the loan in any way they have to redo it. I didnt want to because I got the 16 on the ford 0% interest deal and couldnt get 0&% on a 17 because it wasnt offered.
Makes sense. In my case, I wont have the difference available in cash, so I will have to have them do a new loan for me. I fear its going to complicate things but we shall see

Sponsored

OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
STILL waiting for the RAV department to get a worksheet to me. Finally was able to talk to my assigned caseworker on wednesday. She said that the paperwork was submitted in on monday for them to write the worksheet up.

Once I get the worksheet, and approve it(as long as the figures look OK) Ill be able to head to the dealer and get the financing done and get the car shipped.

The nice weather is just about to hit, starting to get VERY impatient at this point. Coming up on two months with no car...

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck! I got mine back yesterday, of course it's gonna rain this weekend. :-/

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
True that. :-/ I can only barely try to imagine how frustrating your ordeal has been. :frusty:

Yea it sucks. Car show tomorrow and I have no car to go. Paying car payments for a car I don’t have. My patience is pretty much gone now

Sponsored

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just think of them as payments on your next car. ;)

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Yea it sucks. Car show tomorrow and I have no car to go. Paying car payments for a car I don’t have. My patience is pretty much gone now
I can only imagine. Mine has only been out of my hands about a week now and I'm already impatient about it. Mostly because the return date is open ended. My dealership has moved my completion date a few times already, and now apparently the part is back ordered. Not sure what that's going to mean long term, and I'm already having to go through extra work to get my rental car covered.

OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I can only imagine. Mine has only been out of my hands about a week now and I'm already impatient about it. Mostly because the return date is open ended. My dealership has moved my completion date a few times already, and now apparently the part is back ordered. Not sure what that's going to mean long term, and I'm already having to go through extra work to get my rental car covered.
7 weeks today for me. I’m really hoping to have a worksheet from them at the beginning of the week. They said it takes 7-10 business days. Day 6 is Monday, so I am holding onto hope that there is SOME possibility I can have the new car by this coming weekend if all of the stars, planets, and luck align themselves.

Worksheet has to have the correct figures on it. I accept, go to the dealer to do the financing, they ship the car. Dealer said it takes a day or so to get the car from where it’s at.

So in theory, if I got a worksheet Monday/Tuesday, went to the dealership the same or next day, I could have the new car by this weekend.

Getting tired of not having my hobby parked in the garage...

OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
First car show of the year, and I had to take a friends car to it. Cmon ford lets get me my car please!

[/url]Untitled by 08Sunburst, on Flickr[/IMG]
Sponsored