angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
just paste the link on the page
Tried that, tried changing the URL and it says invalid link. It might be due to the fact I only have a phone for internet usage. :shrug: Here's the link if anyone's interested.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stage_3

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I talked to a guy that's pretty good with this stuff and he said that the video equipment is just to make sure that the inspecting people are doing their job. (As others has posted here.) They're not going to tell you what type of exhaust to run, unless you run without cats, of course! lol
This is good news. Thanks for posting everyone!! :thumbsup: :cheers:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I talked to a guy that's pretty good with this stuff and he said that the video equipment is just to make sure that the inspecting people are doing their job. (As others has posted here.) They're not going to tell you what type of exhaust to run, unless you run without cats, of course! lol
Exactly. The rules on what passes and what doesn't haven't changed, just that now they *should* be enforcing the existing rules more stringently due to all the new monitoring equipment. So something that may have been missed before now probably won't be, like cats for examples. Most stations I know won't bother to jack up the car and see what's under there.

As far as exhaust loudness, nothing has changed about it. So the same lenient stations that would let loud exhaust go by before will probably do the same. But a place that missed the lack of cats before probably won't be able to do the same now.

And as someone else mentioned, there's no need to open the hood in the normal inspection process. So CAIs and other engine modifications won't be seen.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6

Sponsored

scott6809

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTCS
Once License Plate on the Stang! - Should Pass inspection :) now.

Kinda off topic,

I had a green plate on my F150 and wanted to move it to my mustang. Last inspection on my truck the plate was questionable as far as being able to see it at night and from 60' away. The plate was in rough shape due to the harsh winters over the years. So i canceled the reg on my stang and transferred my truck plates to the stang, then re-registered my truck (45min at Registry).

I then found this guy in Plymouth MA that refinished green plates and sent it out. It looks like brand new now with correct reflective paint. If anyone has green plate that may not pass inspection use this guy, he did an awesome job.

http://houseofjoyfulnoise.com/motor-vehicle-license-plate-refurbishing/

He charged me $120 and I had it back in my hands with 7days. My car looks so much better without that front plate!

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Surprised they allowed you to transfer the green plate.

OP
OP
Stage_3

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Got my truck inspected 2 weeks ago. Passed with flying colors, even with the Flowmaster Outlaw direct replacement muffler. (Made sure before having my buddy pull it into the shop.)
Inspector now has to take a photo of the front and rear of the car, along with a photo of the speedometer and VIN that is on the door jamb. he also has to scan the VIN on the door jamb. Inspector also has to take a personal photo, or selfie if you will. He has to also take a photo of the bottom of the car as well.
He showed me the complete list of items that he has to check off when doing the inspection. I swear there are about 25-30 items. It's pretty fucking stupid if you ask me.
We have bigger and more important issues to worry about then what someone does to their vehicle. Like I stated earlier, it pretty fucking stupid.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
There is nothing new being checked. This is an attempt by the state to ensure all the things that are supposed to be checked are.

scott6809

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTCS
No one has had any problems that I know of related to loud exhaust. My son bought one of those Skunk2 stainless exhaust systems for his Civic SI. It's not bad at idle but if you get on it it's pretty loud. I told him to save the factory exhaust just in case..

A friend of mine that owns a repair shop in Worcester told me nothing really has changed, they're basically making sure rules are followed. He ended building an additional bay just for inspections and mounting video cameras. I guess all the requirements are out of pocket expense for the shop owners too.

Sponsored

OldTimer

DrGrafix is in da House!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Black SVT Lightning
I talked to one inspector and he said the cameras are there to record the plate(s) and then some. He said there's rumors that there will be some restrictions on height which would concern people owning lifted Jeeps and other off-road types. Also dinky stuff like your not supposed to have a plate frame even if it doesn't cover the "Massachusetts". And of course the legibility of old green plates.

My guy just retired, and I can remember when I had my Lightning... Bassani headers, Hi-Flo Cats and Exhaust... some shops would not even inspect it because they said it was too loud. My original tune was from JDM/NJ and I did fail because of that when they updated the software a few years ago, had it retuned by my buddy Paul at Total Induction... and had to bring it to a DMV Regional Inspection Station... but the state guy was cool with the truck, it passed OK with the new tune.

My current ride is a '69 Camaro built 454 with Hooker Competition Long Tubes and a full 3" PYPES SS system with Magnaflows. Its not _too_ loud unless you mash it. But I have DMH Electric cutouts right behind the 3-1/2" collectors so if I want noise... its there.

Supposedly, Mass is second only to California as far as inspections go.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
FWIW, my 2015 GT passed with flying colors and I do have the Ford PP2 stuff and also resonator delete with GT500 mufflers (so quite a bit louder than stock).

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Supposedly, Mass is second only to California as far as inspections go.
Mass is NOTHING like cali, that place is hell for car people. They'll fail you simply for an open filter or colored vacuum lines. Plus you have to actually get smogged with a tailpipe sniffer which fails almost all aftermarket tunes.

I miss the weather but I do not miss having to sell my modded cars constantly because they wouldn't pass inspection.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
The Mass inspection for the most part has always been a joke. The cameras are an attempt to force the inspection stations to inspect what they are supposed to.

My son has not been rejecting cars because of the cameras that he passed before at his shop.
Sponsored