Sponsored

Sync 3 missing Android Auto

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
So my Sync 3 system did not have AA in the menu. I did a Sync 2 to Sync 3 swap in my Fusion to gain Sync3 features / AA in general.

My mustang came with a Sync 3 on version 1.0. I just flashed the latest ( from ford.com) 2.3. But theres still no AA showing up on the screen? Anyone have any ideas how to figure this out or why this is happening?
Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
So my Sync 3 system did not have AA in the menu. I did a Sync 2 to Sync 3 swap in my Fusion to gain Sync3 features / AA in general.

My mustang came with a Sync 3 on version 1.0. I just flashed the latest ( from ford.com) 2.3. But theres still no AA showing up on the screen? Anyone have any ideas how to figure this out or why this is happening?
You have to turn it on in the settings on the radio and make sure you have AA downloaded on your phone.

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
i see no settings for it, thats whats weird. i have it on my phone from my fusion.

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Even reflashed today... This is my about system... Is that the latest version?

HmxjLCH.jpg

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get the updated usb hub? It wont work without it.

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To enable Android Auto, press the Settings icon in the Feature Bar at the bottom of the touchscreen. Next, press the Android Auto Preferences icon (you may need to swipe the touchscreen to the left to see this icon), and choose Enable Android Auto. Finally, your phone must be connected to SYNC 3 via a USB cable.

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
There is nothing Android or Android Auto, i went through the whole system. So I need to replace my USB hub in the center console to have the Sync 3 system\screen SHOW Android Auto preferences \ ability to use Android Auto?

Again im familiar with Android Auto on my Fusion, i did a Sync 3 to Sync3 swap ( with the different\newer usb hub). But since this 2016 Mustang came WITH Sync3 and the newer looking hub(same looking one as i swapped into the fusion, black and blue combo led ring lights up) as well id assume it would just work with Android Auto auto...what am i missing?

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
I know that you do not need to replace your USB hub if you want to use Android Auto, that only applies to Apple Carplay. Seeing yours is a 2015, I am not sure if the USB hubs are different compared to the 2016 and onwards. I have heard that the update does take some time to apply the features even though Sync 3 states it is updated. Wait for another 3-4 hours and see if it appears.

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
I know that you do not need to replace your USB hub if you want to use Android Auto, that only applies to Apple Carplay. Seeing yours is a 2015, I am not sure if the USB hubs are different compared to the 2016 and onwards. I have heard that the update does take some time to apply the features even though Sync 3 states it is updated. Wait for another 3-4 hours and see if it appears.
I actually have a 2016, need to fix my profile

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is nothing Android or Android Auto, i went through the whole system. So I need to replace my USB hub in the center console to have the Sync 3 system\screen SHOW Android Auto preferences \ ability to use Android Auto?

Again im familiar with Android Auto on my Fusion, i did a Sync 3 to Sync3 swap ( with the different\newer usb hub). But since this 2016 Mustang came WITH Sync3 and the newer looking hub(same looking one as i swapped into the fusion, black and blue combo led ring lights up) as well id assume it would just work with Android Auto auto...what am i missing?
AA and Carplay were added after the fact on the 2016's and thus require the new hub despite it already having sync 3. Pull the hub on the Mustang and see if it matches HU5Z-19A387-A if it doesnt then that is your problem and you will need to swap it out.

Sponsored

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
AA and Carplay were added after the fact on the 2016's and thus require the new hub despite it already having sync 3. Pull the hub on the Mustang and see if it matches HU5Z-19A387-A if it doesnt then that is your problem and you will need to swap it out.
You ONLY need the hub for carplay. I have a 16 and when I updated to sync 3 2.3 it enabled android auto but not car play. When I updated the hub then carplay worked.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't show up. Update to version 3.0 and see if that fixes it. Theres a good post on the upgrade on a focus forum just follow it exactly.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You ONLY need the hub for carplay. I have a 16 and when I updated to sync 3 2.3 it enabled android auto but not car play. When I updated the hub then carplay worked.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't show up. Update to version 3.0 and see if that fixes it. Theres a good post on the upgrade on a focus forum just follow it exactly.
Then Hextall needs to update the Sync 3 swap post lol.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Then Hextall needs to update the Sync 3 swap post lol.
Probably. Its possible the cars that already have sync 3 have a different hub then the 16's that had it but didn't have factory AA/CP. IDK though. Android doesn't need any special hub it just needs a USB connection. Carplay does because apple requires a special IC in the hub to communicate through.

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
I don't see how the hub, even if an updated one is necessary had anything to do with android auto icon showing up in sync 3. The icon should still be there, whether you have a supported hub or even have a phone connected or not. That's where I'm confused. What is the latest sync before you guys are running?

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't see how the hub, even if an updated one is necessary had anything to do with android auto icon showing up in sync 3. The icon should still be there, whether you have a supported hub or even have a phone connected or not. That's where I'm confused. What is the latest sync before you guys are running?
When I tried to use AA on my step dad's 17 Fusion AA did not show up until I enabled in the settings. I had to swipe the screen to the left in the settings menu to find the setting to enable it. Once I did that and plugged the phone in it showed up. this was on 2.3 BTW
Sponsored