Sponsored

Shelby is gone

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Sad news. Good luck from here and I hope you get something that scratches the itch just as well or better.
Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
This is one of my worst fears- that my car will be damaged or mistreated at a dealership. One of the things I hate about owning a car like this is that you can be treated like every other car there, even though it shouldn't be. After all, they know it's so special that they put a $30K ADM on it. The service department guys are just humping work tickets and don't care that it's your baby (most of the time).

I will usually plan any work on my special cars on the days I have off or I will take annual leave so I can make sure it's taken care of. Sure it can get boring for me, but I can keep an eye on whats going on and prevent unnecessary mechanic test drives and other craziness. One little negligent act could cost me a ton of frustration and potentially ruin a car I had planned on keeping for a very long time. Sure it can get into an accident or whatever, but I like to hedge my bets where I can.

On one of my mustangs (this goes years back) a dealership actually damaged the side of my car (looked like they dropped something on it, dented the front quarter panel) and didn't tell me when I went to pick it up, hoping I'd just drive it away. Luckily I noticed the damage... they were the type of dealership that would have not taken responsibility had I pulled off the lot w/o pointing it out.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Im real sorry to hear about the outcome of the 350.

At least they are being helpful and considerate about it.

They could have easily said to get your insurance involved and
made a huge mess about it.

Already pretty good suggestions here so do whats right for you.

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
I had a 2003 Cobra that I took to the dealership for some minor maintenance back in 2005, and when I went to pick it up, they drove it up to me with 1/3 of the side scraped and dented. What did they say?

"That wasn't there when you brought it in, was it?"

No courtesy call, no "sorry, we screwed up," but let's decide to drive it up to the customer when he's here to pick it up and hope he doesn't notice.

Sponsored

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
I have to say I'm impressed by the dealer. The fact that it was a customer that backed into your car and not an employee and they bought the car from you and said they'd take care of you is a very good gesture by the dealer.
Likely came from the dealers garage keepers policy...not out of their own pocket. Dealers insurance company will likely subrogate against the customer's insurance company who backed into the OP.

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
What about an R allocation? Sometimes under special circumstances, an R allocation could be had. Probably MSRP under the circumstances.
I second the R gambit. At invoice...If not, walk...You are in a good bargaining position.

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
If it was wrecked while in their possession they should at least sell you an R at MSRP or below. I dont know the details but that is crazy that a car get wrecked while parked. Usually its someone taking the car for a joy ride. Now im more paranoid taking mine for warranty work.

It was probably a lifted bro truck. If it was a PSD it probably had semi stacks and the truck nuts rubbing into the GT350 is what wrecked the car. :doh:
what I see a lot lately is those huge D rings that hang from hitches. It's one thing to have one set up for puling you out if you get stuck, or more preferably keep it in your tool box or under seat. but some of them are outrageously huge. I can only imagine what that would do to a low sitting car if backed in to

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
how did it happen? Any pics? and are they giving you a fair reimbursement of the pre-crash value? I would even throw in mods if any, you are losing those by letting them buy it off you. Even if it was weathertechs or a shift knob or brand new tires you just got (for example)

OP
OP

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
i spoke with an attorney and the reality is they did not have to do anything but repair the car and give it back. i could have gone after diminished value on it but they gave me a very good price for it, after trying to find a suitable replacement, and agreed to take care of me on any SE vehicle in the future. so i accepted the offer gladly. when i decide what direction i want to go next i will see if they were serious about the second part of the offer. its a shitty deal all around cause i would rather have my car back unmolested

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
holy shit man...sucks..

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My impressions are that time is not your friend. Settle one way or the other and finalize it. It's up to you what you do. Best!

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Another customer backed into it pretty hard in his truck
Sorry to hear about your car. But the dealer seems to be taking care of you, kudos to 'em.

The dealer could have easily said it wasn't their fault if another customer caused the damage. They could have asked the other customer to take care of your damage via insurance or whatever. I think you're fortunate in that respect.

OP
OP

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
My impressions are that time is not your friend. Settle one way or the other and finalize it. It's up to you what you do. Best!
I agree with you completely but I still don't know what I want to do next. I am not going to rush into a 60-70k purchase till I am. Even if they decide not to honor their agreement, i would rather spend the extra money to get exactly what I want so I have no regrets. I think when the 19s start hitting base 350s should be easy to come by under msrp and I would think a 350R shouldn't be terribly hard at or just above msrp.

SMOKE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500; 2013 Focus Ti
2018_ford_mustang_shelby_gt350-1FA6P8JZ1J5500566.jpeg

Damn shame ... good looking ride!!
Sponsored