/

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
I agree with what everyone has said! Report it to the police these low life scumbags should pay for their actions and learn to respect other peoples property!!
Sponsored

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Don't give away the original SD card, make a copy of the useful videos and give those on a card or CD. Keep the original in a safe place in case it can ever be used to your benefit. If it's important, it probably would be lost by the cops, and copies would be called into question by a savvy lawyer.

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo VIII RS, 2018 Mustang GT
These assholes think they got a away with a hit and run. Instead they will be charged with at least a misdemeanor. Justice served.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Besides a police report, you should look into whether there's a policy on this where you're working. Some places have policies requiring you to report any crime to the employer as well as the police.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Police report, then your insurance company. That's what you pay your premiums for. Their job is to go after the offending drivers that caused damage to your vehicle.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Does your dealer have an in house body shop? Did you get a license number? Hopefully there are consumer protection laws in Texas regarding insurance. Police may do little, you might wait six months for a check from your insurance, then your rates will go up. Yes, I'm cynical.

Last edited:

GT6555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2, Lightning Blue
The police report should have already been done, do not wait I hate people who wait and then come to station to file a report and expect me to solve it instantly . Make it a priority to file the police report and then the police will get the information . The place isn’t going to give you anyone’s address that’s a crime
This. Something like this need to be documented at the scene. Video can be recovered later. But at this point, it is what it is.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
As an old LEO I say go straight to the Police. These people need to be charged for "Hit, and Run" property damage. You don't owe them a thing, and they need to be taught a lesson. Also, call your Insurance Co., and let them get involved. You shouldn't even try to do this yourself. Good luck.

After that's done report them to the Management of your company. I'm quite sure they will not be pleased with employee's like that.

Make them pay, make them pay hard.

Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I would call my insurance company and ask them how to proceed

italianstallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
Just wanted to post an update:
I filed a police report and filed a report with security at the hospital. I'm waiting to hear back from them but from what the security guy said the evidence shows it's one of their workers that did this, so their risk management should cover my costs. However it's been a few days and I still haven't heard back from them.

I was wondering, would it be a good idea just to go through my insurance now to speed up the repair process, rental etc. Or would that negatively affect me? I wouldn't want to do it if my premium will go up, but they will recoup the money from the hospital, so I'm thinking it shouldn't affect me.
Back when I've gotten hit I usually called the other person's insurance to line up a rental car before proceeding. I usually didn't have a problem doing so EXCEPT the one time I was reared ended by someone who's insurance company could save you 15% or more. They were a NIGHTMARE to deal with and even on a clean cut no-fault-to-me rear end they refused to put me in a rental car.

I ended up getting a rental car through my insurance so I was only paying 20% of the rental car cost out of pocket up front, thinking I'd just go to the green lizard insurance company at the end to get reimbursed for my 20% out of pocket. After two years of fighting with them for my $250 getting sent and transferred all over the place, I had no other options than to give up. I'll never give that company a dime of my business ever.

Long story short: I'd try and get them to cover the rental car before doing it on your own. You may get jerked around.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Just wanted to post an update:
I filed a police report and filed a report with security at the hospital. I'm waiting to hear back from them but from what the security guy said the evidence shows it's one of their workers that did this, so their risk management should cover my costs. However it's been a few days and I still haven't heard back from them.

I was wondering, would it be a good idea just to go through my insurance now to speed up the repair process, rental etc. Or would that negatively affect me? I wouldn't want to do it if my premium will go up, but they will recoup the money from the hospital, so I'm thinking it shouldn't affect me.
You're going to get many answers from many people in different states. States that have different laws than yours. Shift through what applies to you

Police report has been filed. Contact your insurance. Contact your company's risk management twice a day and politely ask what kind of progress they have made. Contact your company's liability insurance agency and present them the evidence. Take initiative and get things done.
Sponsored