Sponsored

Install PP Gauges on Non-PP Model - Recap

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Just installed the PP gauges in my 2018 base gt. I had the plug behind the Sync module from the factory. Just plugged it in and both gauges seem to be working but not sure how to tell if my Oil pressure is reading accurate.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Just installed the PP gauges in my 2018 base gt. I had the plug behind the Sync module from the factory. Just plugged it in and both gauges seem to be working but not sure how to tell if my Oil pressure is reading accurate.
If I remember correctly, I saw this plug and it had only 2 pins.
How did u end up connecting your gauges to it?

Brmoorejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premuim
If I remember correctly, I saw this plug and it had only 2 pins.
How did u end up connecting your gauges to it?
Its the factory plug for the gauges.
Evidently all 2016 GT cars have them.

Brmoorejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premuim
Did you have to tune your car to enable the oil prssure ?
My oil pressure ranges around 40 at idle to 80 psi under load

Sponsored

JackBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic base GT 6SP
is this something that could be activated with forscan or would i need an actual tune for a base GT to add in the gauges?

Brmoorejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premuim
is this something that could be activated with forscan or would i need an actual tune for a base GT to add in the gauges?
I had to get Lund to update my tune on my car for the oil pressure to work.
I am not aware of any settings in forscan that does this.

AlexWI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost Droptop
I would think that if Lund and Adam+ (and other tuners) can do it only via a tune re-write, that something should be enabled via Forscan to do it as well.. that said, there may not be a huge enough request and therefore not enough interest to have it 'discovered' in Forscan... not many of us went through the trouble of upgrading to the gauges...I did the gauge pack on my EB and was lucky to find an Oil and Boost set-up...but I really want to get the Oil activated and not wait for warranty to expire and then re-tune it to Adam+ tune...

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
I would think that if Lund and Adam+ (and other tuners) can do it only via a tune re-write, that something should be enabled via Forscan to do it as well.. that said, there may not be a huge enough request and therefore not enough interest to have it 'discovered' in Forscan... not many of us went through the trouble of upgrading to the gauges...I did the gauge pack on my EB and was lucky to find an Oil and Boost set-up...but I really want to get the Oil activated and not wait for warranty to expire and then re-tune it to Adam+ tune...
Forscan doesn't have the ability to change any PCM parameters..therefore a tune is the only way to do this

Gossomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost Premium Convertib
Anyone figure out what program is being used to turn on the oil gauge. No one locally can do this for me.

Sponsored

Gossomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question, after calling so many local tuners no one can commit to doing this. Do you know if the dealership can?

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Question, after calling so many local tuners no one can commit to doing this. Do you know if the dealership can?
Are you running a tune? If not, you can’t. Pretty sure the dealer won’t do this either, put you can try calling to ask. Not sure there is instructions for the tech on this.

Gossomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not running a tune so I was hoping to just get someone to change the necessary parameters. Looks like unless I spend the cash on a tune, the oil pressure isn’t gonna work.
Sponsored